The feel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ravilla, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Ravilla Journeyman

Nice well now all that is left is to figure what to play. Im thinking ill go pally like i was than but i have come to like the melt ur face casters in recent years. Hell im thinking of maybe getting my father to play like the old days just instead of me being 12 and him in his 30s now im in my 30s and hes in his 50s lol
    YourNameHere likes this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

I want to be a jerk about the frogloks thing, but I know you meant playable frogloks aka guktans. That being said, I do feel like EQ will have the same sort of feel as EQ...
  3. Korzu111 Elder

A very few important things that have been left out:

-mechanics have changed since classic. Pets are stronger. Monks are stronger. Others know more.

-players have largely developed and popularized game knowledge. There will be 7x as many druids as rogues or paladins. People know that rogue and paladin are weak for awhile, so hardly anyone plays them. It’s a different feel than back in the day.
  4. Korzu111 Elder

My appointment was called so I had to stop at that point. Other changes:

-soloing is no longer a good XP strategy. Great non-PL soloing will be about as much XP as you’d get in a bad group.

-spell research was revamped. Rogue poisons are broken. If pets do 50% of the damage they take 50% of the XP. Bards can’t dominate solo anymore. Raid bosses are tougher (and easier). ZEM (bonus XP of the zones) has been revamped. Some zones are different - Freeport for example.
  5. Machentoo Augur

This is only true if you are solo. IN a group you cannot lose xp to pets.
  6. Xhartor Augur

Most exp groups are power by charmed pets on TLP servers.
  7. Grailer Augur

Firstly coming from P99 and based on the newbie levels .

THE GOOD

/con colored Circle around mobs you target
    Mobs run slower
    No coin weight.
    L1 spells were super cheap
    Target of target window
    UI seems better

THE BAD

Quests give almost no XP .
    Grouping is a must

THE UGLY

Kill stealers
    Kronos
  8. Norok Journeyman

Put on some 90s Alternative Rock while you'll play and it will feel just the same.
    YourNameHere likes this.
  9. Ishbu Augur

When did this change? As recently as Agnar launch it was as long as you did 1 dmg, full xp even solo
  10. Jadefox Augur

11. Norok Journeyman

12. Ravilla Journeyman

yeah for years after I stopped playing EQ back then I would almost get an acid like flashback when hearing certain songs I had playing while I endlessly played.
  13. Relyn Lorekeeper

It still is that way, just need to do 1 damage. That 50% damage is from SO long ago, I can't believe anyone is still saying it, lol.
    Ishbu likes this.
  14. Machentoo Augur

That's right, I'd forgotten. Sorry.

Either way you don't need to worry about your pet in a group!
    Ishbu likes this.