TLP Pick Up Grps = Need Everything

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dawdle, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Dawdle Augur

Need everything. That's the way the loot filters get set from the get go. If you're in a Static group you'll have one looter and then split later but if you are in a Pick Up Group understand that we don't need before greed anymore. Hasn't been that way for quite a few TLP's now.
    Save yourself the trouble and get on board if you haven't figured this out already. Greed is for static groups and even then it's a moot point because the ML will just hand the loot over when somebody does need something. Happy hunting and GL.
    DingoJack and Hinastorm like this.
  2. Hinastorm Elder

Yep, and its more fair.

Anyone can sell anything and buy whatever they need. Being at a camp with good loot, but none you can use, sucks.

Not to mention people who may have the item already but will bag it or something and go to a specific camp to get another to sell. The all need system just works better.
  3. Nuther Augur

Nothing worse than camping L Guk with a clothie that expects you to hand them a SMR except maybe camping Frenzied Spider in Velks and not being allowed to roll on the bracer because your class cant use it.
    Vorlic and Nolrog like this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Best approach is to ask what the loot rules are when you join the group (or state the loot rules if you are inviting someone new). This way, expectations are clear at the start.
    Koshk likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Sounds ņice, but no it doesn't work like this in reality.

A person or two will invariably know the rules but still roll when they shouldn't. Guarantee it.

Keep your sanity and need all. If you want a piece of gear ask the group.

First fbss on agnarr dropped in my night group. 3 or 4 people rolled and it was a she or druid that got it. Second one went to another caster.

Most raid guilds can't get established members to roll right. It ain't happening in a pug.
  6. yerm Augur

Telling someone they cannot roll on an item that is not nodrop is selfish unless this has been clearly and firmly stated up front and everyone agrees. When my static group levels we will give items where they do the most good. When I pug a week after launch I will call you greedy if you try to NBG tradeable loot. Because it is greedy. Groups I form will not be NBG and I will politely inform the group and wish anyone who refuses to accept this well in finding another.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

But I need these black sapphires because im working on jewelcraft!
  8. Neldarion Lorekeeper

If there's 6 people in a group and they all roll need and have the same chance of winning, how is that fair??11!
  9. Vorlic Journeyman

Need Before Greed groups are hilarious in The Hole. Amazingly, no casters have any armor!
    DingoJack likes this.
  10. Sturn Augur

I agree with all need. Even though I typically play a rogue, if I'm running a group at Frenzy, I do all need. It makes it so much easier to get clerics and other casters to come to that camp.
  11. Risiko Augur

Static groups for the win.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Static 6 box for the win
    Risiko likes this.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

All this talk about selling being part of the tlp experience, yet there is resistance to a fv ruleset so that the selling can continue in later expansions
  14. Leifer Augur

If you are just coming back to EQ and expect any of the new TLPs to harken back to 1999 you will be in for a rude awakening. The first couple weeks are a wild wild west ****show. Individual players boxing full groups and holding down a camp in multiple /picks. Griefing, training, dps races on any sort of mob at all, loot and scoot, etc. Some of this happened back in 1999 but not nearly like it does 15-20 years later. A newbie melee running across a starting yard trash area will be lucky to even get to a mob before its blown up, much less win a dps race on it!

You really can only expect civility during the early period of a TLP if you are playing with just friends or family. One person on one account trying to PUG along with a less sought after class is just brutal - and I'd suggest anyone that is looking for a real challenge to play that way. Long gone are the days of the Play Nice Policy and need before greed in PUG's. I'm not complaining, I'm just telling it like it is.

People will say that you need to join a guild - and that is pretty good advice. But expect many players in the guild to have their cliques and many playing on TLP's are racing, so finding people in a guild to play with isn't as easy as you would think. If you are a loner without friends and family playing with you and you don't want to box several caster classes on multiple computers, you might want to take a week or so before you even start. Or, play on Live, or consider another game entirely. Myself, I love EQ and I am going to start my lone Paladin toon and tough it out, because I still think its fun that way.
  15. Koshk Augur

Leifer, your post makes me kind of sad. But I suspect you're correct.
  16. Kloodge Elder

I held out for the longest time. It feels greedy to select "need" on something you can't even use, but if you don't, someone else that can't use it either will likely get it.

I will usually still privately give the item to someone in the group that actually does need it. I hate that it has to be this way, but it does, at least in PUGs. Players are different these days.
  17. yerm Augur

They need to make ALL items with a stat or effect nodrop. Then you don't have this problem at all.

Since we are progressing through eras where this is still an issue, we make it work by being fair.
  18. Nuther Augur

People dont realize it but the advloot system with need and greed boxes is designed for Raiders. Its not for leveling pugs. If you are Raiding and you are a main, you roll need. If you are raiding and you are an alt, you roll greed.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Players back in the day would have just as readily abused the need/greed roll function.

It's like when people act like an in their car vs reality check when they get out. That "layer" whether a car or the game rolling system removes some people from any feeling of responsibility.
  20. SuperDisorderly New Member

Yup, kill the economy.
    Brilliant.