Going to try 6 boxxing for first time, couple questions.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boxxie, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Ilshade Augur

Darkelf
    Chanter - mage -mage -necro
    Hafling
    Cleric - druid

You can easily do all content -
    Hide is a great tool with all party members having it makes it a great team
    You would main chanter for CC and charm
    auto pets and blast/dot
    buffs - heals - evacs -rez -sow -tping covered
    you are a fully self contained group that can basically do all content with some exceptions
  2. Machentoo Augur

Unless you have all FD classes in group, you will still have to deal with it. In your druid/5 necro setup, the necros can flop (although good luck getting 5 FD's off before some of you die) but the druid will perish. This isn't as big a deal come kunark when you can just rez him.

As others have noted, necro isn't really an ideal box option for your first try at six boxing.
  3. Iyvy Augur

I gotchu:

6 shamans.
    Sterling-Silverfox likes this.
  4. Xeris Augur

innocently wanna box 5-6 necros or mages... sounds like trying to farm efreeti or frenzy. i can say that 6 mages was really annoying to deal with in classic on agnarr. they could ks a group pretty easily .
  5. Shiba Journeyman

5 Mages and a Bard or 4 Mages, 1 Druid, 1 Bard. You don't even need to use the bard to pull, just walk through dungeons and melt everything. I ran 4 Mages, Bard, Druid on FV just for kicks and it melted everything through level 75 before I got bored.

Bard - Main window. Creeped through dungeons with mages and druid on follow. Slowed and and debuffed if needed while playing mana song.

Druid - Heal, port, nuke spam on named. One heal key per group member, one key for group buffs, one key for /invite bard target and /follow. Try to make sure you always have the same group order.

Mages - one key for /assist and pet attack. One key for nuke spam, one key for focus items, one key for pet items, one key for resummon pet, one key for /invite bard target and /follow.
  6. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

my favorite 4box might be enc/cleric/mage/bard, add two more to that of the same class, maybe just 3 mage it, should do fine, and the one you focus the most on will be the enchanter using the charmed pet as a tank, and become puller
  7. Grailer Augur

Wizards .. they are AFK most of the time so you can just rotate which one has mana .

SK for pulling and holding agro .

Maybe an enchanter for buffs and to break spawns up .
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

If you are worried about being trained (which boxers should be, the anti boxers think they have a right) run something like the Gforce experience.

It lets you clip moments in time, mine is set to auto clip the last 90 seconds with a command.

While boxing is perfectly within the rules training is not. Video evidence on your petition will go a long way to getting repeat offenders banned.
    Ilshade and code-zero like this.
  9. Boxxie New Member

Didnt know it had that option, I have that installed just never tried it.
    Probably part of that popup that drives me CRAZY when im trying to hide my UI on wow lol.
  10. ShivanAngel Augur

yah you can set it to save the last X seconds of screentime. I have mine set to 90 seconds. doesnt effect my performance that I can tell... Simply hit my command to save the current 90 seconds when I need to.

Its great for a variety of reasons.
    Catch trainers/griefers.
    I use it on Path of Exile/Diablo to clip my hardcore deaths to see just what gibbed me.
    It can be fun to clip your omg plays on other games as well.
  11. Hateseeker Augur

Statements like this confirm that those who use the workarounds to get input cloning programs for 12+ don't suffer (at worst, they maintain a low profile) while the smaller scale boxers who would not use the programs are basically blocked. That surely was not the intent of truebox.

when did Daybreak start accepting video evidence? Last I knew they only accepted it when a GM personally witnessed. As for using it reputationally, the official forums and the EQ subreddit would call it naming and shaming so there's no effective place to post for reputational use.
  12. Machentoo Augur

At least going back five years or so. I can attest to at least one instance where GM's issued a suspension as a result of recorded video. It doesn't always help, it's not always easy to tell intent from a video. But it doesn't hurt, either.
  13. Spayce Augur

One guy saying he can’t fathom 6 boxing doesn’t confirm anything. I 6 box legitimately for hours on end just fine.
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. Crayon123 Augur

6 boxing difficulty varies greatly depending on what classes you're rolling with. If you are just stacking a bunch of mages, it is relatively low effort. Trying to operate a real group is far more macro intensive and can be far more stressful in a bad situation.
  15. xakanrn Augur

Sounds more like a job from hell rather then fun
    6 boxing on a truebox server .
    Crayon123 likes this.
  16. Lion of God Elder

I said I can't fathom boxing 6 on a 'true box' server. Meaning 6 different computers, 6 mouses, 6 keyboards. Screw that. Not worth the effort. I get annoyed boxing 2 on a true box server, having to constantly move around from mouse to mouse, and occasionally keyboard to keyboard.

It's significantly easier when you can load 6 accounts from the same computer and tab through each instance. That's actually doable.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Depends on the setup if it's something like
    Enc, 4 mage + 1 cleric all you need is mini keyboards

If it's a melee heavy group most likely they are using some program as they almost always have the same script where all the melee rush out, face the correct way then run back and turn around all in a nice choreographed dance.
  18. Machentoo Augur

There are people doing this, but... You don't need scripting to run a melee group. Autofollow the melees on your tank. Have tank position mobs between him and melees. Now all the melees are hitting the back of the mob. You hit your assist button for each toon, and you are done till the next mob (at least after autofire takes care of backstabs and flying kicks for you.) I ran an all melee group on Phinny for years with no software this way.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Xanathol Augur

I find EQ extremely boring if I am not boxing. There are times I want to go low-key and maybe enjoy an adult beverage or something and play only one toon but otherwise, I need more to do to sate my ADD.
    jeskola likes this.
  20. Spayce Augur

An opinion based on limited manual dexterity, that again proves nothing.

I 6 box sk/sham/bard/cleric/mage/druid on Coirnav for hours on end just fine, as shown in the pic I posted of my set up.

Just because you struggle with it doesn't mean it is impossible...or even very hard.