Idea for spell - "Thorny soles"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chalkstix, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Chalkstix Journeyman

Not really sure where this post belongs, so I'll just post it here.

Now, I don't know if this idea has already been posted or if it even exists in the live version of the game since I pretty much only play on the PoP-locked server Agnarr.

The idea is a Druid/Ranger spell (buff) to cast on players and give them "steady feet", negating "slippery" surfaces like in Velketor's Labyrinth.
    It would definitely add some welcomed utility to classes that otherwise (in my experience) have a tendency to be overlooked on TLP servers.
    There could of course be both a single target and a group target version. And if the benefits don't outweigh the disadvantage of taking up a buff-slot, the spell could also add other things. For example a damage bonus to the "kick" combat skills - maybe of 15-25 damage. Not only would it then provide a utility that a lot of us, who still like to adventure in places like Velketor's Labyrinth, would seek out from other players, it would also benefit melee classes like warriors, monks, rangers.

If the post belongs somewhere else, please do let me know.

Best Regards,
    - Summerbird of Agnarr
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

sounds like a good idea.

When I read "thorny soles" I thought it'd be a spell players could cast on jumpy members of raids that constantly ran around for no reason. Everytime the player would move, the thorny sole buff would deal damage to them.
    Herodotus likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I thought it was a reverse DS for players who can kick ;)

As to the OP's actual idea, there could also be a tinkered version!
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'm struggling to think of any slippery zones outside of Velious. Velk's, ToFS, Kael. Is that it? Maybe a bit in Permafrost? But seems like a fine idea for a Velious era druid spell I guess if it's easy to code, which something tells me it isn't.
  5. Tucoh Augur

the wending ways plane of smoke trial has a slipperly funnel you run up. You can bypass the slippage with a mount though.
    Tolzol likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TBL Cyclone !
  7. GNOME_POWER Augur

These are traditional.
    I think that it will not be fixed as it is intentional.

Guk:Mysterious sliping floor
    Old Sebilis:Sliping floor under a mysterious slope
  8. Zanarnar Augur

I don't agree with the spell, but I've always argued that Iksar and Vah shir should not slip on icy surfaces since they both have clawed feet :) Well, as long as their wearing cloth or leather footwear that is :) I'd guess Plate and even Chain would be enough to stop the claws from poking through.
  9. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

There's some slipperiness in Ashengate
  10. Tevik Augur

Kinda cool idea, I like it. Would have liked it a lot better if it existed during House of Thule and could be used to negate push/pull effects from raid NPCs...