Classes with longevity (Selo)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MR_STYLZ, Feb 28, 2019.

1. MR_STYLZ TLP Hore

Some classes like rangers fluctuate from pretty crappy to pretty godly through different expansions

What my question is - what are the top 3 classes in terms of longevity through the expansions. Mainly as it pertains to things like importance, power and fun - this is centered around raiding and leveling groups
    It might be a hard one to answer because there is fluctuation through the expansions, but try your best
  2. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

Cleric / Enchanter / Monk
  3. malaki Augur

SK/Shaman/Cleric is the right answer. All of them are pretty much amazing in every era.
  4. MR_STYLZ TLP Hore

I figured cleric would be the most popular answer because clerics are just a plain necessity. It's what I have been leaning towards for Selo.
  5. Glowerss Augur

If your interest is in raiding, then not SK. They are very powerful in group content but really suffer in raids. You don't very often need a SK, and the times you could find one handy, you really only need 1.

If you're looking to support, Cleric/Shm are pretty much always amazing. Bards are very rarely bad and often there's never enough good ones on raids.

For DPS the only answer is Monk.
  6. Stagentti Augur

Clerics are obviously good for raiding but also just fun in general in the late expacs.

You can take a massive a$$ whooping without breaking a sweat cause of your advanced heals and buffs. I've seen solid clerics on live beat other classes in duels just by doing a rope-a-dope strategy lol.
  7. Dawdle Augur

Chanters and Druids are good classes to max caster DPS in the long run. Both of them also end up putting out decent DPS.
    Bards just make everything better.
    Shaman are always pretty much solid.
    Melee wise you'll see SK's dominate but Warriors become very strong.
    Clerics are a must if you want to play a Warrior.
    SK's swarm off procs as where a Warroir will swarm of discs. Discs are very dependable.
    Monks are good DPS all around but so are Rangers on group content.
    Mages fall off but become one of the few class that can solo all the group content.
    Wizards are good for raids but solo wise they go splat at a certain point. On live they are great for boxs because if you use Chanter/Druid with them they will easily crit for 3m plus, mana burns for upwards of 15m plus or more if you focused right.
    Beasts are also very solid class but the issue I see with all these melee vs casters is it's easy to box casters and it's really only possible to play a few melee at a time effectively.
    Necro's are always good but become very difficult to manage. They are always good in the right hands but you end up switching spell sets a lot.
    Berserker's are great DPS, they will get up to 280k DPS on burns with only group gear. This will be really far down the road, haven't parser them on any TLP's.
    Classes that don't have any chance of making your top 3. Rogues and Pallys.

Just my OP but Mage, Druid, Chanter when played right together can do anything like no other three classes in the game so I say they are the best. You just get a hell of a lot of CC, DPS and burn power out of these three. If you can add a forth then Bard.
    Solo/molo wise it's SK, Necro, Mage. Hard not to add Beasts to this list though. Druids always do well but there are a lot of lazy Druids. All in the long run of course.
    Short term for both grp and raid I will say SK, Shm,Cleric.
    The best is often times really is a matter of who's playing the toons rather then what classes they picked though. I got used to healing with a Druid so when I pick up a Cleric... Bards are great and the least stressful class to play. Raids get funner and more challenging and in the end we need everyone to DPS or heal but Bards, their job is just making everyone else better.
  8. Tachyon Augur

Wait until August and roll a Zerker!
  9. Iyvy Augur

Will any class have longevity? Is the server lasting over a year do you figure?
  10. Tachyon Augur

It will last as all previous servers have but to your point, no.

It'll be a fun race through GoD and maybe Omens for those who want to power raid the past but there has never been that strong of an achievement draw for the latter expansions, even back as far as The Combine. A year is about fair for a strong population.