What level is needed to get from Qeynos to Commons?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Iyvy Augur

Is highpass passable at level 1?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Highpass you are relying on a lot of server tick RNG to get past the gnolls/orcs.

Realistically, you take the long way around and go through South Karana->Lake Rathe->Rathe Mountains if you want the ability to avoid aggro.

If you have a cleric to run with you though you could have them DA and train the highpass mobs away if they are mlg pro.
  3. Guzzle Augur

Which class? Rogue from 1 (can rogue start there?), enchanter from 4, bard from 5 (maybe).

Really it's just contingent on the path you take. You could take probably any class from Qeynos, Qeynos Hills, East Karana, North Karana, South Karana, Lake Rathe, Rathe Mountains, Feerrot, Innothule, South Ro, North Ro, Commonlands... but that's a heck of a lot of ground to cover. A barb rogue with hide / sneak probably is faster going through the entire stretch.

If you're talking about for guild invite reasons, to be able to get back to Qeynos, it might be faster to make a halfling rogue and go the other direction.

Lots of options, really, but rogue from level 1 or enchanters from 4 who get invis the earliest is probably best / safest.
  4. tryieq Journeyman

I could never do Highpass at that level but used to go the south route through sk,lake rathe, rath mnts,feerott, innothule, desert ro and if careful have managed that way before at lvl 1
  5. Vindaven Elder

I made a practice run for fun last week... Going from Erudin to the Commons tunnel, without sow or invis. Took 45min (the swimming in Lake Rathetear slows you down quiet a bit. Not just the Karanas lol).

The secret for me was to simply not go through Highpass (I suspect it is nearly impossible without invis as a level 1 at server start). I went from:

Erudin --> Qeynos --> Qeynos Hills --> West Karana --> North Karana --> South Karana --> Lake Rathetear (hug the left wall in order to get by the gnolls/undead) --> Rathe Mountains --> Feerott --> Innothule Swamp --> South Ro --> North Ro --> Commonlands
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  6. Nozraku Lorekeeper

I've always found that running through the Gorge/top of Runnyeye/Misty Thicket to be the safest route because the mud guys are slow and you can LOS most things in the Gorge. It's also slightly shorter than going through Highpass.
    Brunlin likes this.
  7. Artaserse2 Elder

I've done the Freeport to Qeynos run several times at level 1 (or 2) without serious difficulties using the southern route. The worst parts were getting through the gnoll camp in Lake Rathe at the South Karana border & avoiding Gash Flockwalker (KOS NPC to my evil characters) in South Qeynos before I reached the soulbinder.

However, I never did it going the other direction. It might be difficult if you aggro something in the aforementioned gnoll camp.
  8. Candystore Augur

You can't get through highpass at lvl 1, and I believe at least some mobs in highpass see invis.

And even if you make it past highpass, you still need to make it through kitchior after that. Hugging the side of the zone in kitchior is not a guarantee that you won't draw aggro.

I would wait until lvl 10 at least, if you draw aggro in highpass, you still have a chance at lvl 10, you can train through with sow as long as you know the zone.

(Yes you can go through Karana and Rathe, if you want to spend 6 hours running I guess, shrug. By the time you're done running and swimming through those giant zones, you could have just leveled to lvl 10 instead.)
  9. Thash Zoner

Philter of shadows, if you have a skilled shaman alt or friend. And a sow for the road.
  10. Ceffener Augur

When people actually camped highpass this was less of a problem.
  11. Protagonist Tank

Everyone going the long way through the lake. Save yourself the headache and go through Runneyeye instead. Faster, shorter, and very easy even at level 1.
    snailish likes this.
  12. Bewts Augur

Fastest way is making the class/race combo you want that can easily access CL and then use SC to race change.
  13. a_librarian Augur

It's usually fairly busy during classic so the odds aren't terrible of finding it cleared.

One thing you might be able to do as a level 1 to make it is draw aggro and kite the mobs into the guards. Would be simple with the gnolls but very dangerous for the orcs, you'd probably need to aggro a a few then haul it all the way to the High keep zoneline to give the guards enough time to peel the orcs off of you. If you repeated that three or four times I bet you could clear the path before they respawned.
  14. Coppercoz Augur

I think half elf rogues start in Qeynos. Why anyone would do that is beyond me. My first thought is I can't imagine how long that would take at level 1 hide/sneak.
  15. Beggly Augur

If you are very very lucky and buy some invis potions you can do it. Make sure you get a sow first. Better to get a port.
  16. Beggly Augur

I've done it, takes about an hour or so. Get a sow.
  17. Beggly Augur

I considered suggesting that. I've done it both ways. Of course, if you have invis and sow, it's a lot easier. Bards, rogues, and clerics can do it. Clerics have to use their invulnerable spell, though, if their invis fails. I've done the run with all characters except Warrior and Monk. A slightly higher level of monk can do it, and a warrior needs more luck than it's worth to do it.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Lot of people seem to think all rogue races get Hide at level 1.

Another reason not to make one in classic :)
  19. Beggly Augur

I tend to disagree, do it early so you don't love exp on death. The chance of agro in Kith is low. Make sure you have your maps up and at the right level of magnification so you don't get caught on a corner, and just run like the wind, Forest Lowby!
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's possible. Won a gnomepede once at level 1 the other way. Just be willing to try a few times.

SoW/hp help. Good use of a potion.

Edit: Agree with gorge route, because pathing.