The main problem for TLPs has always been class balance and RMTs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Iyvy Augur

EQ should ideal require a full group to get to the bottom of lguk. Killing the froglok king you should need a tank and a healer and dps and utility caster.

When the utility caster is a better tank and dps than the tanks and dps and you only need 3 people to get to froglok king, that's where the TLPs fall apart.

Exp rate isn't the problem. Coirnav's exp suuucked. Taking longer doesn't make things more fun.

Rogues should be the top dps. Literally all they do is dps. They should be the warriors of dps, the premium model. 100% above everyone else, because that's ALL they do.

Tanks should be required. My best determination is to remove the ability for charmed mobs to hold aggro over anything. If the mob isn't rooted it should go straight for the charmer.

Lastly a no box rule should be in effect or some sort of hard limit of 2 or 3. An entire group being one player is not classic, is not social, is just lame.
    Vindaven likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I hope I never get the option of playing your game.
    Barton likes this.
  3. Nevus_coirnav New Member

Rogues have so much more utility than just DPS. Lock picking, dragging your corpse through see invis mobs, dragging mages to bypass content or getting to hard to reach places and using staff of forbidden rites to Rez so they can coth the rest of the groups or raid. There’s so much more. Shroud of stealth is a very powerful thing. People who hate on rogues are 100% clueless.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Here we go with the Rogue hate again, seems to happen every thread.

Yes they could use a bit of a boost in early expacs on TLP's, maybe their own melee aa line that stacks with the general melee aa line or a boost to BS damage.

But they aren't that bad, people that are intentionally excluding them from groups are just really.

Enchanters are flat out broken from Classic through PoP, even a huge nerf to charm would still leave them highly desired by groups, the best CC, mana regen and haste buffs, 2nd best slows and of course AoE grouping.
  5. a_librarian Augur

They really gain nothing from the effort of balancing player power for TLPs specifically. It would be a never ending process and piss absolutely everyone off forever. Makes sense to ignore it completely except for obvious exploits and raid trivializing stuff like pet walling used to be

That said all the enchanter stuns should share a recast timer and charm should have a hard max hit cap based on mob level, like 150 for a level 53 charm. This seems like what they tried to do starting in Luclin based on some charming in Ssra (some snakes hit for 250+ uncharmed and 150 charmed) but they didn't do a thorough enough job and you can usually find major assbeater charm pets (poxed skeleton hits for 218) if you look
  6. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

OMG, my sides XD this is the only appropriate response to such a post. The more I think about it though, they really should eliminate all classes besides warrior. Imagine the warrior chain-bandage teams to take down Naggy and Vox. Very cool, thanks Iyvy!
  7. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

I use to 4 box in 1999. And if i remember on Bertoxx we had at least 2 6 box crews back then.
  8. Elemenopi Augur

And thats why they made SWG 1 character per account. Failed miserably, but the deluge of "OMG teh box armies!!!" posts caused it to happen.
  9. DeseanJackson Augur

I think the real problems are expectations and taking things too seriously.
  10. Tachyon Augur

Class imbalance is what makes EQ EQ. There are hundreds of balance-oriented MMOs out there if that is what you are looking for.