Server start times on the 16th ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spleen, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Spleen Journeyman

Is there any information on what time the new servers will open on 16th March ? As its a weekend it will hopefully nice and early so half the day isn't gone.
  2. Doze Augur

DBG servers are like wizards - they are never early nor late, but goes online precisely when they are meant to. ...
  3. SweetLaxTho Elder

I believe the original time was noon pacific.
  4. Febb Augur

The start time is posted at the top of the FAQ threads for each server.
  5. dmccollum Elder

Curious why noon PST. That's okay for west coasters, but half the day is gone for everyone else.
  6. Febb Augur

Daybreak is located in California. They probably wanted to give themselves plenty of time to get things ready Saturday.
  7. dmccollum Elder

According to the in-game calendar, they bring the servers online on the 12th. Surely 4 days is enough time to prepare the servers for an early morning launch. Also, I've worked in IT for 27 years and we've never had to luxury of showing up at noon to perform a go-live. We perform the work when it's most convenient for the customer and not the employees.
  8. Stagentti Augur

They do go up on the 12th, yes. However they launch on the 16th and I imagine they want staff there and ready to handle any potential issues (see: previous launches) which is what previous posters meant.

It's 3pm EST. Is that REALLY so terrible? Kind of absurd people are complaining about a few hours like it's the end of the world.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Cool, man! Which 20 year old computer game with a skeleton crew of dedicated employees do you work on?
    Stagentti likes this.
  10. Ceffener Augur

I’d be impressed if they showed up to work at noon while simultaneously launching at noon. It’s almost like they might be there earlier. In fact they may also be launching a bunch of other 20th anniversary stuff that doesn’t have anything to do with TLPs, maybe.
    Stagentti likes this.
  11. Tymeless Augur

I’m fine with it that means wife and I can go out to lunch maybe do some shopping and then she will be happy while I poop sock away.
  12. Stagentti Augur

Spoken like a true veteran.

Step 1 of any TLP launch: build spouse faction in advance to avoid aggro.
    Tymeless and Barton like this.
  13. dmccollum Elder

Almost all companies have IT staff that's too small. I support old applications that were written in VB rely on NetBIOS and have licenses tied to physical hardware so old we have to buy spare parts from third-party support to keep them running. That said, we still get up at 4AM to do changes. BTW, there's a thing called VPNs that allow IT staff to roll out of bed and walk to their home office to do the work. They don't need to be physically at the office to do their work.
  14. Ceffener Augur

But 4am is my normal game time. Why do you bastards think you can patch then.
  15. Nakami New Member

Hah 3pm is early, try being from a non-US time zone ;)
    Stagentti likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd prefer a 12:01 am PST launch :p

Why waste more than a minute of the 16th for celebrations. :)
    Sulle likes this.