Mangler tips:

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Guzzle Augur

All of your other garbage aside, what? I guess if you say 5% mitigation is more than 0% mitigation, but going from 5% mitigation to 10% mitigation is less significantly.. wait, that doesn't make any sense either because it's the same amount. 75 AGI is sufficient, other stats are more important.

Melee > casters in classic? I think, without focus effects, that'll be a little different. Monks, for starters, will probably shred pretty easily. We'll see though I guess...

Rogues are bad in classic when compared to their peers, but being leveled by the time Kunark drops and getting your epic quickly is fine.

High elves aren't always bad - I would argue that if you plan on JCing as an enchanter, they're probably the best (naked) from a CHA / INT balance - CHA mainly for all of the vendor purchasing. It can be relatively trivialized quickly, for sure, but if you're trying to min/max to make cash quicker, higher starting CHA will matter. You can make up the difference with bonus stat allocation into INT, but you cannot make it up with other races nearly as well. High elves are probably sub-optimal for all other starting classes, to be sure.

The rest is pretty spot on though.
  2. taliefer Augur

and honestly, i dont know why we are arguing.

you can see on your character sheet your avoidance ac now. stack the agi all you want and that number will change. people can decide for themselves if agi is worth it
  3. Iyvy Augur

Lol what an unscientific ignorant approach

I literally use your source to prove that it has a major advantage, and have parses it, and you go "nuh uh" with no evidence.

Go parse it and then don't come back because you're wrong and will never admit it =p

Gets totally destroyed "Why are we arguing"

Because I'm right, I've parsed it and given the evidence. Balls in your court.

avoidance, not mitigation.

You know. DODGING BASH
  4. taliefer Augur

post your parses that go against every parse ive ever seen that shows that huge a jump in agi, and i'll believe it.

untill then we are just a couple of blow hards on the internet

and as i said, you can literally log in the game, change your agi, and watch your evasion ac change.
  5. Iyvy Augur

I literally used YOUR SOURCE to show what difference it would make.

I like how you made up a random number, and then ignored me using your source. Gonna address that? You're just as bad as I remember from Phinny.
  6. taliefer Augur

i have no idea who you are, so stay anonymous, stay cool.

you posted a whole bunch of nonesense, followed up by admitting you dont know what goes in to avoidance. hard to take any analysis seriously with that.

what random number did i make up? 75? thats...not random
  7. Iyvy Augur

You said it makes 1.3% difference. Which is a made up number that means nothing.

I showed from your source that 180 agi = 4 levels worth of mitigation. So a red mob becomes a blue mob in terms of hit chance.
  8. taliefer Augur

i did not say that, you have me confused with shivan angel or some such
  9. Iyvy Augur

Well non the less, agi is BY FAR the biggest stat for every class except arguably clerics.

For enchanters it's not even close. 180 stamina is like 500 hp, while 180 agi is upwards of 15% reduction in hit chance by light blues. Even by a 4 level red it will be above 10%.

Think how well a blue (one level under) mob hits you vs a red (4 levels over). That's the difference in hit rate of having max agi vs 75 agi.

That's huge, awy more important than mana which literally doesn't matter if you have pots/C not to mention ToT, way more important than 500 hp/

500hp is less than a round from a pet, and not being bashed vs bashed is the difference between charm.

Especially with the focus effects, agi will by far be every enchanters best bet, unless they are JCing.
  10. ShivanAngel Augur

Still waiting for you to post parse data Iyvy, so far what you have posted contradicts every parse that exists...

So I am waiting for an actual parse from you.
  11. Iyvy Augur

I parsed it years ago now, back on Ragefire.

You know all the stats were reworked like 6 years ago right? That's why charisma is so crap now.

Agi sucked originally, and charisma was super important, then they reworked them and we all argue about whether charisma matters. Well here's a tip.

Agi matters. If you don't believe me that's fine. Play a suboptimal enchanter. If you wanna be good I suggest you parse it for yourself and discover the truth, but I'm not gonna do 2 hours more work to help you be better.

Another fun fact: Planar boots >>>>>>> GEB because they have 14 agi on them.
  12. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

I really appreciate this info so thank you.
  13. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Think you could create us a gear list using classic only gear? Would be much appreciated
  14. Philadar New Member

Forum warriors go!
  15. Philadar New Member

16. Renshu Augur

Come one guys. The collective history of EQ knowledge is bunk because of some parse that Iyvy did years ago. Everyone is missing out on this huge advantage! Think about it! Twenty years later, and who knew???!!!! Put it all in agi and now you can tank anything!!! GO GO AGILITY!
  17. Nakami New Member

18. Iyvy Augur

You remind me of the p99 players on Agnarr who thought they were pro but everyone laughed at constantly behind their backs because they thought their 20 year old knowledge was still correct.

Stats got reworked in SoF and function differently now.

See tali's link for how mitigation and avoidance are now calculated. That didn't used to be how it worked.

Go parse it yourself, or don't believe me and notice the massive difference, or be crap, but don't say things that are obviously stupid (because heroic stats redid stat calcs) with the arrogance of a maga swamp creature.

Sucks to suck I guess.

With the removal of focus items the bis list will have changed a ton, eqitems.com is a good place to get a good general idea. I also wouldn't sacrifice everything to max agi in every single item slot. While it's much stronger than stamina, raw hp, mr and ac are still important and something like a black sapphire plat neck (55hp 55mana) is probably better than any agi related neck you can find (since 55 hp is like 18 stamina worth of hp)
  19. Thewiz Augur

20. Koshk Augur

Well. This "collective history of EQ" over 20 years, is very often, all of us repeating something we read/heard from someone else. Who heard it from their cousin. Whose girlfriend worked at the Quiznos next-door to SOE headquarters back in '05.
    • First, there's no guarantee the original person was correct. No even if they were a Dev. People make mistakes.
    • Second, the game has changed a lot over the years. No guarantee all the little maths are the same. Even if the original information was correct.
    Iyvy is correct about 1 thing for sure. Anyone can read something, and just repeat what's in there. But when push comes to shove, nothing beats Ye Olde Scientific Method. Go gather evidence, and experiment for ourselves. Who knows? We might even gain a bit of intelligence along the way.

(not that I am claiming Intelligence is better than Agility...don't flame me!)

Personally, my only TLP characters are mid-level on Coirnav. I'm basically in a holding pattern until Mangler comes out. I will try to spend time on Test Server, and see things for myself.