Thanks Dbg. New Mangler ruleset is great!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EEpromm, Feb 23, 2019.

1. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Before they updated the rules for Mangler I wasn't interested in either server but with the changes, the more I think about it, the more I think Mangler is my dream server. Not saying Selo's is bad, I think it will be an interesting experiment and will be interested to see how it goes. Anyway, I played on RF and at the beginning it felt "right" but then the box armies started and with no instancing it became meh pretty quickly, went to phinny but the xp was pretty brutal then agnarr which was "right" until the feeling of "this is it" started creeping in. I think Mangler with it's ragefire xp, instanced zones and truebox is really the server I've been looking to make my eq home. Anybody else feel like this is what you've been waiting for?
    Harris77, Sulle, 6rout and 1 other person like this.
  2. Korzu111 Elder

I agree with you. I am excited for Mangler. I'm not sure what to do about no focus effects though... it'll change the economy around a bit I imagine and I also am not sure about rolling caster. Maybe I'll go ranger this time? IDK - I haven't started day 1 on a TLP before, usually about a month in.
    EEpromm likes this.
  3. Thewiz Augur

There will be A LOT of monks, even more than usual in a TLP start.
  4. Nuther Augur

I hope it turns out OK. It seems pretty vanilla atm. I wish it had one more 'twist' to make it a bit more unique. If this rule set eliminates the Krono farmers then I will be happy. I will probably start with a Cleric or a Druid again. A Ranger is a very underrated choice for classic, but they dont hold up well in the next 2 expansions.
  5. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Will probably main enchanter or necro for the mana. May do one of each with the wife. Necro I may feel the lack of focus "debuff" a bit more because of the lack of dot focus (same for dru) but still solid I think. For enc, the lack of the buff duration focus will be a little painful in groups but other than that I don't see a huge problem with lack of focus since our spell dps is weak anyway.
  6. MR_STYLZ TLP Hore

my only problem is it will be years and years until get through expansions...
  7. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Yeah, rangers are really nice tanks in classic along with pallies but do lose a bit of spice after that until luclin, but, they have so much nice utility.
    As for krono farmers I dont think it's Mangler's ruleset so much that will lower that happening, I think it will be Selo's uber perfect scenario for them to make bundles of cash PLing. That's something that server will be having from now until it hits live, really. Lack of focus effects on Mangler will have some influence though too, I guess, since the focus items won't be worth all that much a week after luclin drops because of better/cheaper replacements.
  8. Korzu111 Elder

I've figured out from all my playing of previous TLPs that, while I've never played a ranger, it seems like a good fit for me. I like tanking some of the time but not enough to be "the" tank near cap level, and I also like being melee DPS that can go all out without drawing aggro like some of the other melee. Plus tracking and other utility, like SOW, will be ++. I think my fav. role would be DPS warrior, which ranger kind of seems similar too :D
  9. Nuther Augur

Watch out, groups are going to look to you to pull. If you dont like pulling, then you wont like the Ranger.
  10. Korzu111 Elder

I don't mind pulling, but my zone knowledge is fairly limited. I haven't had too much time to play the TLPs through the years, and most of my knowledge still lies in classic (like guk or unrest). My hope is that with so many monks, they'll pull more often since they can split pull. But I'm okay with pulling as I had to do it almost all of the time on my warriors.
  11. kathulu20 Journeyman

I Agree! Mangler is right up my Alley. Im going to box a SK and Cleric!
  12. Umul Augur

They have another server for you. Although up to Luclin is unlocked, it will start in classic technically. You won't be seeing NtoV and Luclin raids for about 2 or 3 weeks? IDK the spawn rate changes could make that way shorter.

Mangler is good. Good job.
  13. xxar Augur

See you on Mangler :)
  14. Cezz Journeyman

It was a great ruleset when Phini was launched. Then I guess again when Cornaiv was launched... Now... Again... Great? Low bar, fellas.
    Mashef and Hateseeker like this.
  15. PwnQuest Augur

I agree. That said, see you on Mangler! :D
  16. EEpromm Lorekeeper

I don't disagree that they could have thrown in some new ideas as well, but, on Coir and Phinny (I have 50-65 toons on both with 2 on phinny) the xp is just too punishing to do what I want. I guess if you aren't too worried about alts then yeah this is not a huge difference but I'm a bit of an alt addict so this really makes a difference to me. It's also like I said, it's a bit of a "feel" thing and the xp on those was just too slow, to the point where it just wasn't much fun after a while and thinking of making an alt was more depressing than inspiring, I had fun on Agnarr (several 60-65 toons) but the stopping at ldon felt stifling after a while.
  17. Rolento Augur

There wont be focus effects, so that is certainly different. Should be interesting to see how it plays out
  18. PwnQuest Augur

The removal of focus effects, while a positive change, is minor. Casters are still significantly better than melee for a long time.
  19. Sulle New Member

I like the setup of it just need to figure out what class I am going to play and find a eastern or central time zone guild.
  20. Febb Augur

For the people arguing for something much different, keep in mind they didn't even start working on these servers until the end of January. That isn't enough time to make major changes, especially when their original ruleset idea flopped.