Ridicously long server downtime

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Darwarhammer, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Sathayorn Augur

Just returned to the game a couple weeks ago, need my fix... I had forgotten how often this happened (all the time). I hope it’s just another few hours, and not days as it could be.
  2. Mmookk61 New Member

Chill out. The team fixing the bugs/spiders/venomous ducks are working with California hours. Here in Indiana like 12(?) hours have gone by. That's actually 2 hours in California. They haven't even had their first emergency cup of stress coffee yet.
  3. Zzlickiezz New Member

@klanderso - Thanks alot for taking your time to talking to us. To be honest, i think taking the 5 minutes time to keep people up to date will do heaps about the people complaining. Ofcourse, you will always have people complaining, but for the most part, it's the "not knowing" part that triggers alot of people :)

Anyways, thanks for your effort in resolving this issue *Thumbs up*
    klanderso likes this.
  4. SKlyfe New Member

He is nearing 0.5 sick time :p
  5. DarkdocRN New Member

<3 <3
  6. Krasis New Member

Props to klanderso for chiming in and communicating. I hope the burden on your personal life caused by irregular hours isn't too severe.
    klanderso likes this.
  7. Fandiien Lorekeeper

Klanderso Thank you so much for jumping in. Believe me after 19 years playing this game it is greatly appreciated. Updates go a long way in keeping the players.. paying customers happy and willing to understand what is going on. Many of us fully understand some of the difficulties involved when working with coding especially very old coding and trying to fix it.

All we ask is for some timely updates.. as simple as "hey folks we know it has been a while and way over due on server up. Believe me we are working on it. We don't have a set time at this point, but we will keep you all posted". Something like that would go a long long way for all of us.

In the meantime. We know you all will get it fixed and are working on it as fast and as carefully as you can.
  8. Angre Augur

Drive on Boss!

We know you are doing your best sir!
    klanderso likes this.
  9. Juvenyle New Member

Pretty common in IT, when hits the fan you will be there until its fixed.
  10. Tiny_Lizard_Brain New Member

11. Herf Augur

Sometimes the bear just poops all over you :)
  12. Ghazghul Journeyman

@klanderso,

The issue is not it's taking longer than anticipated. The issue is, it was apparently not tested thoroughly prior to release (obviously) and a general lack of communication which should be coming from the "Executive Producer" or someone in "Customer Service" with some sort of timeline before the timeline is up. Always the same thing on patch days for the last few years. If someone would just communicate it makes these issues less stressful for the general posting public. We appreciate the work you guys/gals do on our behalf but the silent treatment sucks.
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  13. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Is anyone else thinking about the IT guys children? Who is watching the children right now!?!? They could be giving candy to babies and that is not cool. Babies cant brush their teeth!

Ok, seriously thank you for the reply. Why is it better to break something and fix it then to not break anything in the first place? I can not stand this type of "no one is a loser just a learner" mentality.

Fact: when you do not produce as expected you have failed expectation.

Is the fact harsh? Yes.

Second issue: Are you saying that the company you work for (DBG) only has employees that are in IT? There are NO employees whom are paid to deal with the public? Or the accounting? Or the??? Perhaps the problem is under staffing? The issue for me is that this is NOT my problem as much as it is NOT your problem if I make a mistake at my job.

I apologize if this sounds mean. Really, I wish the world was all hugs and smiles. However if no one is held accountable then why would anyone take responsibility?

I do not know anything about being in IT, but I would hope that all the people posting about how hard it is and how coding is never easy understand that they have been describing life. A doctor does not have any more right to say whoopsie than an IT can blame this or that and not themselves......
  14. Juvenyle New Member

It's not always the people breaking things. Equipment quirks refuses to work the way it is. then dealing with vendor support can take hours as well over the phone. It is not IT's responsibility to inform the people though as mentioned above. IT would be informing the people who should be updating the player base. Pretty common practice.
    Geroblue and Ferriciean like this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah, the posts here are pathetic at times. However... all Krono came from Daybreak. No matter if the user that clicks them bought a few at a 3rd party site, they still came from Daybreak. No one can just magically make a Krono, that's a TLP myth.

Thanks for the update and hard work Klanderso.
    klanderso likes this.
  16. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Why??? Im serious why is it a big deal when someone in IT does their job?!?! Sheesh this would upset me if everyone kept telling me good job etc when I knew that I could perform better. I know things happen, but they do not happen all the time and certainly not every time. Vendor issues? Plan ahead or find a vendor that can meet your companies needs. Of course IT shouldnt be required to respond to the public, that is not their job or at least I certainly hope it is not. Everything has a solution and saying it was not my fault but im trying is not one of them.
  17. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

These poor folks here to complain about servers being down ... never minding the goddess in their midst waiting to be wooed. Although the image links are broken (If I find the time, I'll fix them~), you guys should pass the time getting to know Darkdoc~. But, be careful ... she's a man eater.

http://echoeseq.com/?p=558
  18. Repthor Augur

I want my lost game time reinbursed in Absor hugs. Not cuz they could be great but i know he whould hate every moment of it and that be worth

Ps thanks for all the hard work you game devs/coders put in to this monster of a fright train to keep it working still
    klanderso likes this.
  19. Geroblue Augur

There are folks here who would like that, but then again nothing would get fixed either.

Text updates can slow down software updates. I've seen it more than once in my tech support career.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Common best practice would be if an update fails you roll it back and don't implement that change. Figure it out over the next 4 weeks and implement it in the next downtime.