@Dev, Thank you for making Selo a very fast server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HappyPanda, Feb 19, 2019.

1. HappyPanda Augur

Many of us like Selo for the fast paced race server that will reach Live in about 2 years. This is an opportunity we haven't had on any recent TLP and is a wonderful chance to do something different.

In the spirit of this fast pace, when you review these rules, please consider removing LoY as a 1 month unlock and attach it to PoP as has sometimes been done in the past.

Many of us are really looking forward to this stable launch schedule of every first Wednesday of the month and are very excited about the opportunity that 1 month Selo unlocks offers.
  2. Bolten_DA Augur

Don't thank them just yet! Changes are coming! Well maybe...
  3. MarttinPH Augur

I also like the fast pace. I think Ykesha, and LDoN should be included with PoP with a one month wait till GoD. Ykesha offers nothing of note for raiders (at least not that I know of). LDoN only offers Type 8 augments. With such fast unlock schedules, 95% aren't going to bother with LDoN points to buy and upgrade gear to make it similar to Time drops. One it takes an incredibly large amount of points to make one piece of armor with augments, and secondly by the time they do it one, the next expansion would have released and it would have been made moot.
    HappyPanda likes this.
  4. QuasiGnome Journeyman

Nothing wrong with the server if that's the crowd they are going for. The problem is they offered Selos as an Ultra Casual server. 1 month unlocks is not Casual at all, let alone Ultra Casual. Fast pace is opposite of casual pace. So, if they want Selos to appeal to casuals, the unlock schedule needs to be completely reconsidered. If they want a fast paced server for players that can and will keep up, Selos sounds fine. Just don't call it an Ultra Casual server because it just isn't.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

@Dev ----Many of us want it moved to 2 month unlocks so it can be the casual server it was supposed to be.
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

Everyone but a small handful has gotten over the "casual and hardcore" labels of the servers, maybe you should join them.

Them labeling the servers was a mistake on their part. If they labeled them as 2 new ruleset servers unlike old TLP's, we wouldnt be having half the arguments we are.
    Ishbu, andross77 and Renshu like this.
  7. QuasiGnome Journeyman

There would be no argument if they labeled them that way, but they didn't. What they did say is that they were giving us an Ultra Casual server. Until we hear otherwise from Daybreak, the labels that they applied are still what we can expect.

I'll have no problem letting it go if they say it was a mistake and not intended. But that hasn't happened.
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This entire thread is proof that Mangler and Selos have mistakenly swapped Unlocks and need to be swapped back. When ALL of the perennial hardcore TLP guilds flock to the recruitment boards and say they are all going to Selo's, that means DBG has totally missed its mark with intent.
  9. Hawer Lorekeeper

I mostly agree with this, if they had not mislabeled the servers we wouldn't be having the hundreds of posts about 'what really is casual/hardcore". However, we would still have 2 serves that both cater primarily to those with high play time, both do so more than any of the recent TLP have. So even without the labeling mistake there would still have been a ton of blow back from the announcement.
  10. ShivanAngel Augur

You are correct, but instead of Selos's isnt casual, how to fix Selo's etc, which a lot of people really love the ruleset of.

EVERY SINGLE POST save 1 or 2 would be. MANGLER IS STUPID HERE IS HOW I WOULD FIX IT!
    QuasiGnome likes this.
  11. Hawer Lorekeeper

I agree. I admit having seen Selo listed as casual my first reaction and posts were about ways to FIX Selo. But after seeing the generally positive reaction it has received Ive completely switched gears to making Mangler the server for casual players. Hopefully DB will see that as well.
  12. HappyPanda Augur

I definitely do not want them to change (fix) Selo by taking it and making it something slower because of their initial mislabeling.
    Just leave it alone, it has a huge player base, the guild populations are exploding for Selo already a month before launch. Just make something more interesting for Mangler if that is what needs to be done and fix how they are labeled.

I'm just asking that they don't make us do LoY as a full length xpac on a fast server. (and to keep it as a fast server I guess)
  13. ShivanAngel Augur

Yah that does kind of suck that LoY and LDoN will essentially add another month to PoP each. If I had to be stuck in an expansion for 3 months tho I am fine with PoP. Will give you plenty of time to get fully geared and AA'd for the race through the content.

If I had my druthers it wouldnt happen but it could be worse.

Then we get another "break" during OoW with DoN.DoN takes the greater part of a day to complete, so its extra time at 70 getting epic 2.0's and anguish gear.
  14. QuasiGnome Journeyman

I see the logic in keeping Selos if fast unlocks hold that much appeal. Fast unlocks, slow XP aren't what I'm looking for. My friends and I would just stay on Agnarr for our casual goof off play. However, if they want to drop the Mangler idea (which I think they should) and give us a fun Ultra Casual server with slow unlocks and fast XP, I'm all for it.
  15. HappyPanda Augur

I have heard quite a few people say this.
    Maybe best to let go the idea of hardcore and casual and have a race server and a regular server.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thank you, I have no plans on raiding, so will be enjoying the group content. LDON is great for groups and should be on its on monthly timer.

I'd also rather have LoY on its own timer.
  17. MarttinPH Augur

I can easily understand your reasoning behind LDoN having a month, although I can argue nothing stops you from continuing your LDoN adventures post GoD launch. I argue that no casual play can finish a full set of LDoN armor and augments in time before GoD launches using only group got gear unless they have an insane understanding of the npc's and variious LDoN layouts.

There is not a reason to have LoY have its own timer. Lets examine it for the various types of players (very generic).

No raiding guild is going to step foot into LoY, especially given the fact they wouldn't have had enough time to fully gear the main raid with PoTime or elemental teir armor and weapons. None of the raid items in LoY have compareable stats to PoTime teir 1 loot even. Only the most hardcore players would want to raid PoTime ad nausea for three months waiting for GoD.

Level 65 casual players wouldn't see much of any upgrades unless they have some really bad slots, especially with PoP having ornate planar armor, and elemental tradeskill items available. Out of the entire loot for Ykesha about 19 items have more than 75hp and mana. Items wouldn't be good prior to 55 in general with the addition of recommended levels for items from this expansion.

The only type of players that I think would benefit from LoY would be a very casual player that wants to relive the old days for leveling experience. Given that fact we shouldn't hold up the server an entire month just so a minority can experience it "in era".

To sum it up simply, nothing stops you from experiencing LoY or LDoN content once GoD releases.
  18. HappyPanda Augur

Guilds don't need to beat all content before each unlock, there are other servers offering that slower timeline. Selo is the server where we can actually just plan to get to live in 2 years. You get done what your guild gets done. It is up to you how hard you want to push.