Can we just get rid of Truebox by now?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Umul Augur

Oh, I thought truebox fixed everything and that's why we need it every where Lol. <--sarcastic.

I was mainly contesting his recollection of box armies picking over and stomping people on a server with no picks. There was totally workable copies of that program, the company had to ask the creator to disable it, that's all I had to hear.
    Elyani likes this.
  2. Elyani Augur

But it does. And ain't nothing you can tell me makes me think otherwise. :| <--- Super ultra casually serious face.
    What? What does that even mean?

Bad Site 1 = We want to be fair to TLP servers. We won't patch for TLPs.
    Bad Site 2 = Lolz do whatever you want. Just don't do the ultra bad stuff.
    --one Agnarr later --
    Bad Site 2 = Lolz you guys used ultra bad stuff, now I add code to prevent using on TLP servers.

So, you gave Bad Site 2 the "code base"? Orrr what?
  3. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

I gave the bad code that bypassed all the protections to prevent people from using it on TLP to the original coder and that is why it is now closed compiles.
  4. Vexn Elder

Terrible idea. Truebox is the reason many of my friends plus myself play. Ragefire & Lockjaw were/are awful mainly due to all the box armies not playing the game how it was meant to be played. Glad Daybreak evolved past those terrible times.

Maybe people who dread Truebox should just go play on a live server with your boxes. Please don't try to ruin our awesome TLP community though. We are much better off without the ability to have bot armies running rampant.
    Motahead and Dragon Jockey like this.
  5. Umul Augur

What server do you play on Vexn?
  6. Elyani Augur

Or, how about everyone who opposes seeing a non-truebox server go play on live where everything is dead and there is no one to steal your camps because until you hit the latest expansion, there is no one around.

Works both ways. There is a reason we BOTH want to play TLPs. That reason being, nearly all boxers still socialize and want to work through the content the same as you. Except, we like to box group during non-raid hours, and we like to group with others at the same level as us even while we box.

Heck, most of my solo boxing time is spent farming mats for tradeskills (ain't no body got time for that! (with me)) or getting a focus item or pair of leggings or whatever for my main after everyone else has theirs and no longer wants to sit at a camp for 12 hours straight hoping the mob spawns AND drops the item.

These crappy snotty comments really makes me want to turn into one of the FEW bad boxers who camp steal and take the good camps for days and days to sell crap for kronos. So tempting. LOL! Luckily for you, I am not that big of an a-hole... yet. Nor do I have the patience or time for that. And thankfully for other non-boxers, I don't behave like you're all snotty -heads, either.
    Leifer and Kattria Minx like this.
  7. Kattria Minx Augur

^ This :)
    Leifer likes this.
  8. Ginix Augur

Complains about snotty comments and then proceeds to make snotty comment, lmao. Sorry majority of the community doesn't want a terrible server with no Truebox code. No need to be so angry and toxic...
  9. Warzon Elder

It would go the way it always goes? Hardly anybody boxes at the start, because it is always faster and more fun to do it with friends you're still in touch with from other servers, or PUGs. Literally the very last time there was a non-true box server I leveled to max level with random groups, never once boxed. Every group was strangers I was meeting for the first time. I only made boxes later once the PUG game vanished because:

So many of you people that like this playstyle abandon servers like you abandoned EQ the first time around.

It's literally not sustainable in EQ to not box. If you made it much past DoDh without boxing you are in the staggering minority, and in most cases I'm betting you were cohabiting with people you played with.

The dude is explaining to you why the game struggles and you're just telling him he's wrong, but look at every single live server. Back when there was a technical limitation that stopped people from boxing, the EQ population tanked, as all progress required a group to run instances, and they wouldn't consolidate servers to keep the populations high enough so you viably find groups to run instances without boxing.

The idea that artificially imposing a limitation on boxing is solving anything is just false.
    Kattria Minx and Leifer like this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

You realize there are progression servers that don't have truebox, right? And they haven't ruined your awesome TLP community? One more non truebox server won't either.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This game lost a majority of it's users long before those expansions you can blame SOE for taking a market leader and doing their great work.

The TLP truebox solves the issue of the mass boxer.
    You ever think why after RF or LJ there hasn't been another TLP with regular boxing allowed?

It's pretty simple that style of play in early EQ is pure toxic for the whole community. I'm not talking the 3 boxer or even the 6 boxer.

Good luck on a non-truebox server if you get it great. I don't know anyone stupid enough to play on that type of server again. I actively tell the last few people I know that even know EQ exists to stay away from anything like that.
    Dragon Jockey and Motahead like this.
  12. sleka Lorekeeper

The argument that there should be no Truebox servers is telling. These folks and the army of bots that can post are not happy with simply requesting a non truebox server. They want an end to truebox servers. Do you think DBG can't see that you are posting from the same location with a different account? Maybe that's why all those people wanting non-trueboxes aren't getting what they want?
  13. Machentoo Augur

Almost no one has asked for this. Most of us are just asking for a non truebox server to be added as an option. I don't think anyone minds the thought of some servers continuing to be truebox.
  14. sleka Lorekeeper

Said the guy in the thread titled - "Get rid of Truebox"
  15. Umul Augur

I think a big unknown is how are these TLP's going to be viable and healthy when it hits live, or in recent history, PoP. Every 12 months a new TLP rolls out that eats the previous.

My question about truebox is, can it be lifted when a new TLP comes out? I am really very very hesitant to play on a truebox server because I don't wanna be stuck with a sh*t population having to truebox to fill groups. At least on Rage I could box to do things when no one was available or LFG. I get it, most of the people who are pro truebox seem to reroll after year so they probably don't pay mind to how the server will play as it ages. Who the Hell is going to play on Coirnav now? Slow xp, and truebox.. That server might as well be merged into phinny now.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Even in the original post, he didn't actually ask for Truebox to be eliminated completely. He said they should leave it on the current truebox servers.
  17. Elyani Augur

No one (well maybe one or two, I don't know) wants Truebox servers gone. I'd be happy with something like Selo or maybe even Mangler's current rules, and no truebox. They can make 50 Truebox servers and a single non-truebox and I'd be happy.

There are many more like me that aren't posting about it, though. Just like when Agnarr was announced, I wanted a non-truebox server and while people I knew WERE actively posting against it, I wasn't, because I stupidly thought we'd eventually get one and there was no need to go Forum Warrioring over it.. You realize there are only a few people arguing against non-truebox, too, right? It's legit like 20 of the same people (myself included) that are going back and forth about truebox/non-truebox. That doesn't mean the 10 people saying TRUEBOX4LYF are the only ones that still want it, it just means they are the only ones being vocal. Same thing with those wanting non-truebox.

At least some of us can see things from both sides and recognize that it's not just one side or the other that is doing and saying certain things. Much of the things the anti-boxers keep spouting can be said for them as well.

Personally, I'd like us all to have a place to play and enjoy the game. It's not just about me, me, me. I want you to have your server, too. Believe it or not.
  18. Machentoo Augur

This.
  19. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

It’s not sustainable to play without boxing on LIVE because that ship sailed and you are over the Rubicon now. You get that right?

The TLP leveling isn’t perfect in later expansions but it’s better by a factor of 100 for sure.
  20. Umul Augur

I don't sense this vibe at all. I don't like truebox, nor do I play on them. Doesn't mean they need to be abolished, that's a bit extreme.

I myself, have referenced the content on Live not playing well to truebox. I don't like to reroll every year to play a new toon. I can't mentally invest into a server that I feel has no future. Its my opinion truebox is a strong reason the truebox servers will have minimal populations when they finish their journey. Lets see how Phinny pans out. To be fair, by most accounts it has a good population for where it is. Lets see, maybe they roll em all together at some point?