@Dev, Do us a favor and don't touch Selos

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Master Kahleem Augur

Honestly, with as much as people want "this" or "that" to make Selos "perfect" the more feedback I'm seeing recently, and from over the weekend, has been more around concerns that you'll break an otherwise promising looking TLP.

Instead, focus your efforts on Mangler, and leave Selos alone. At this point we're too afraid that you're going to ruin the first TLP in a long time that actually "looks" fun in order to try and "fix" something that you botched to begin with.

Sure, maybe instead of Luclin do a previous expansion, and instead of 1month unlocks do 2-months. However even you have to admit, DBG, that you have a very bad history with "over reacting" and pushing things far far far beyond the goalpost of fun into a very distinct territory of "well.....this isn't fun anymore".

Just my 2cents in a new week :x
    Yinla, Polekn, hoovadalewt and 2 others like this.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

This post hits the nail on the head as far as what I am concerned about happening with Selo's.
    hoovadalewt and Master Kahleem like this.
  3. MBear Augur

#SaveSelo

Don't change a thing.
  4. Master Kahleem Augur

I hope that's the case, but i could use some minor things like a previous era (even classic!) with maybe 2 months unlocks.

That's me though :D
  5. Ginix Augur

DON'T change Selos. Thanks. <3
    hoovadalewt likes this.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Change it to 2 months unlocks please @Devs
  7. pimenttoncheese Elder

don't change selo! (except bundle LoY with PoP with no additional monthage)... so just change that if anything...otherwise no changes!.. unless you want to add FV loot... but don't change anything! unless you want to go to 6 week unlocks.. but don't change it!
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

You folks might just hate your one-month unlock once you hit TSS and beyond. I won't be playing on Selo's but I can tell you that one month is awfully short to get your alts/non-raiding characters group geared. That said, I don't know how much faster rare spawns are going to be. That will certainly change the picture.
  9. hoovadalewt Elder

As someone that won't be playing Selo, I just want to say that they would be stupid to change it. It has clearly found an audience and, personally, I like the fact that the super competitive raid bros will all be going there.

I hope you guys get what you want (for both our sakes)
  10. Phinius Elder

Don't change Selo!
  11. Ceffener Augur

I need examples of said over reacting.
  12. Slades New Member

Yes, save selos!
  13. snailish Augur

Remove the "casual or ultracasual label". Launched as announced. Problem solved. ----Selos that is.

Mangler is another topic.
  14. Baalfeus Journeyman

Change the Label to ultra-hardcore and fine :p - won't join it, cause i don't want that race, but I'm all for this Server, give the Hardcore People something to compete on:)
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm pretty happy with POP & LOY being on seperate months, will give me some breathing time to do things in earlier expansions I may have missed and some tradeskilling.

I jope they don't change a thing.
  16. megaddar New Member

2 month unlocks would get me to play this server
    Barton likes this.
  17. jordune Augur

Ip lock it to 1 account per household
    6 week unlocks and

Wammo... a Truebox wet dream
  18. HappyPanda Augur

They problem is that they release a new TLP every year.
    You have to miss so many of them to stay on one and make it to live.
    Selo finally offers the chance to make it to live in 2 years. This is the first time we have had an instanced server that will make it to live in 2 years. After that we can play live or do another TLP.

If you change that to 2 months, it suddenly is 4 years to make it to live, that is really significant.
    Even if you changed it to 6 weeks it is about 3 years.
    I think 2 years is by far the best shot and starting in Luclin will give it a huge boost.

Don't know if it was intended to be what it is, propably not, but Selo turned into a fast xp race server that will have a huge population and carry it to live. It is a huge win for the people who have been waiting for that and there is nothing else even close to that offering at this time for TLP options.
    Yinla, Renshu and Xhieron like this.
  19. Barthorn Elder

Don't worry they won't add or change anything, they are good at just modifying EXP numbers/unlock times and just copy pasting servers. Glad a bunch of you gave Daybreak a confirmation that it's okay for them to be lazy and not add anything fresh to a 20th anniversary server.
  20. Magic Augur

I dont care about Selo, this server be great anyway. Just give Mangle something cool like FV and ppl will play there for sure.