Daybreak....Wow. Thanks!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Feb 20, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Two items that shocked me:

- The Broken Mirror and Empires of Kunark are now free to play on all servers.
    - Made a first pass at improving level 106 to 110 Mercenaries. There will be further tuning in future updates.

Thank you, Daybreak! Two things you certainly didn't have to do, but improve the game dramatically. Plus EoK may be one of the greatest expansions you've ever created. Much appreciated!
  2. beastlordsrcool New Member

but did they raise the level to 105 for f2p?
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

Ditto the post above.

I was SUPER DUPER skeptical they'd ever open TBM (pretty much assumed it wasn't happening and people should just buy), but it's nice to see them jump to EoK. Probably good because from what I gather most feel EoK was a better expansion. The style of TBM was just odd lol.

But come to think of it this is good timing. When people who've been away hop on for the 20th, this'll give them some new content to explore and play through and might get them resubscribed. Hopefully this fuel some renewed interest and monetary support for the game.

I'm curious how the merc tweaks will turn out.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yes... if TBM/EoK is open, 105 is open.
  5. Keenween Elder

what a question....o_O
  6. Newbasaurus Journeyman

The level cap for F2P was already 105 with TDS
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tatanka and Yinla like this.
  7. beastlordsrcool New Member

sorry; im a bit behind in the times =)
  8. Raylen New Member

Thanks DB! Great change!
  9. So Happy Augur

This like 7-10 months ago would have kept me on my live server paying for 2/3 accounts. Thanks for the positive change though.
  10. Phiyre Augur

That rocks. Thanks DB!!
  11. Risiko Augur

This was a great change. Thanks!
  12. Khaliss Augur

Agree... this is awesome of DBG. I bought into the $300 lifetime sub, and now I can play my boxed alts with my main toon in EoK & TBM!
  13. Tutankamen Augur

Thanks DB- I really appreciate you opening those up... too bad I JUST bought the expac on my box acct so that I could headshot in EoK... sigh.
  14. Bobokin Augur

This announcement was tucked away in the other points, and when I read it, I was like, "Really, did they just do that without fanfare?"

It does make sense; with so many upper level players moving to TBL, those zones were less populated.
  15. WorriedinNorrath Elder

FM will be insanely packed.
    Benito likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I expect to see way more botters in FM to farm EoK chase loot. If I still had chase loot, I would dump them on the market now. I expected most EoK chase loot to sell for <1 Krono and Golden Sage Earring/Skyiron Kite for 5-8 KR.
  17. kookoo Augur

PWL'er's will make a fortune , many were already pwling in EOK, and some might be tempted to use some pwling to get to 105 faster.
    we won't see anymore ** pwling from 80 to 110 { need EOK expansion } now everyone can go there .
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What is a PWL'er? You mean PLer? As in Power Leveler?

They've been in EoK for more than a year now. This announcement changes nothing about PLing or the automated teams that do it. If you find one, /report them and /petition, and move on.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

Yep. This is pretty great. Kind of odd how they buried it in the middle of the patch notes, but great news.
  20. Ninelder Augur

Unfortunately this always plays out the same. 100-200 "names from the past," "returning players;" That just need help getting "caught up," which requires PLs and lots of hand-holding. Then when they are "caught up;" you wont see them again for another year or five.