Test Update 02/12/2019 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Iheartradio New Member

test is STILL experiencing the instance bug after 5 to 7 days up time ( sometimes 10 days ) is there any hope at all of getting this fixed it has been happening seems like forever. I don't know if the question has already been addressed or not if so I apologize but I cant find any thread on this.
  2. xxGriff Augur

Will there be patch notes? any word on Instances being fixed after 7 days up time?
  3. Harris Augur

I downloaded about 5 other working UI's to test the inventory Alt Currency tab update and added the new IW_AltCurr_PointList and IW_AltCurr_PointInfo and used the identical default information, just changing the size to fit each UI and all of them act the same manner. I also changed to default UI inventory IW_AltCurr_PointList and IW_AltCurr_PointInfo sections size to check and it works as intended. I know they do not support custom UI's so this might not be looked at at all.
  4. HanktheTank Journeyman

When I test copy my 110 halfing rogue to test server I loose my level. I am normally 30% into level 110, on test I show up as 109 with 45%. When I log in it states, "You lose your level. You are now 109"

Am I going to loose my level on live when this patch goes live next week? This happens every time I /testcopy, and all I do is log in...

The worse thing is I can't use any of my gear since it's all "required level 110" So I have no way to even level up...

This patch is going to kill Halfling warriors and Halfling rogues if it takes this xp away from us on Live.
  5. Harris Augur

I just fixed this problem by removing the evolving items tab in the inventory window. IW_EIPage and all it's info. all the other ones I tested worked as well.
  6. Ssdar Augur

Thanks! so it looks like the issue is that it is hard coded to update the alt currency in the 4th tab of the inventory window only. in AYA the order of the tabs was changed a bit and when I moved the currency tab around it worked as intended in the 4th slot but required switching tabs to fill and update properly if it wasn't the 4th tab.
  7. Dewey Augur

Because I am really worried about this even though I see others posting on it in this thread I want to make sure it gets addressed.

Halfing rogues lose 75% of the xp that they already have on test. So let's say that your 74% into level 110. After the patch you'll be level 109.

Please stop this before it hits live.

Warriors lose aproximately 25% of their xp.

Halflings also loose xp like 35%... I am not talking about xp lost per kill. I am talking about xp lost just for logging in from the level you already have.
    Syylke_EMarr and So Happy like this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

My Gnome Rogue went from ~20% into 110 to 80% into 109 when I testcopied
  9. Kampfer New Member

In regards to the EXP loss for me from live to test. I play a halfling warrior and am level 110 and 23% exp into the level. At 2:00pm EST today, I did a test copy. About 5 minutes later I logged into test and logged my character in the guild lobby. Checking my level, i was now 109 and 36% into level 109. So a net loss of 67% EXP.

As a casual play for ~18 years, i enjoy the bonus afforded to me and dislike the the removal of my hard earned experience. Please consider alternate ways to implement this change such as implementing on new characters or characters under a certain level where the percentages have minimal impact on end-users. For higher level characters, consider a glyph of experience for the characters that contain the lost exp that they would have received.
  10. Addikeys Elder

After /testcopying today, I can confirm that I lost about 20% of level 110 as a halfling druid.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The bug is in testcopy, NOT in the new changes.
    Copying from live to test loses some information in the transfer going from old code to the new code.

Testcopy will "loose" this bug when live has the same code as test.
    Yinla and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  12. Brohg Augur

That the clicked buffs work on tier 1-4 items but not tier 5 items puzzles me. for those as can get there, will they work again on the tier 6 evolvers?
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Kempel Journeyman

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but, when making secret dawn mace muhbis, if you fail, it returns the wrong gems. (it gives back half moon and trillion) - but requires different gems to create.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes
    Yes. I have an internal bug for this. I was not able to get it into today's patch.
  15. JimmyThreeLegs New Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned but instances are not working again. They were working fine thismorning but now they do not allow entrance. Witnessed this myself and saw some people in general chat mentioning the same.
  16. Herodotus Augur

"thismorning" ??? Game has been down for patching since early this morning. Enlighten us.
  17. Wyrdrune New Member

Except you’re posting in the Test forum. Test has been up all day! We got this patch last week.
  18. Herodotus Augur

Apologies. Was not aware of that. I think I will move a character there just for this sort of situation.
  19. xxGriff Augur

I am. Curious if Test is now using the live calendar, as far as events? Anniversary etc ?
  20. Zyba New Member

Not sure if this is new or not, but Gift of Mana is linked among all levels.

Let me explain; if you block what's called gift of Mana 95 which is proc'd from 91-95 spells you will not proc gift of Mana from any other spells (96-110) either.

Kiting on necro it's significantly more efficient to cast a 95 spell than most of my 106-110 spells. But I got tired of missing which one proc'd gom and burning dicho because I thought I had a freebie, I figured I'd block the lower version of gom 95 and be done with it. After 2 hours I realized I hadn't had a single proc and when I unblocked gom95 I immediately began proccing all levels of gom again.