A week and a half to come to a decision about these servers? Good grief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Feb 15, 2019.

1. ForumBoss Augur

Type of player: Casual
    Free trade: Yes
    Heirloom: Yes
    Picks: Yes
    Aoc: Yes
    Truebox: No
    Staring expansion: Velious
    Expansion schedule: 8 weeks
    Exp rate: Agnarr -2x agnarr
    Corpse Retrieval: No
    Maps enabled: Yes
    Focus effect items: Yes
    Soulbinders: Yes
    More Rare Spawns: Yes
    More Rare Loot Drops: No
    Ltldogg likes this.
  2. LittleBrumski Augur

Why have more rare spawn and less rare loot?
  3. ForumBoss Augur

I suppose it depends, it's not a strong preference here. Sometimes I want the common item, and have felt that the rares were almost 90% likely during those extra rares events. Extra nameds gives you a better chances at both.
  4. Soon Augur

Type of player: 2 boxing casual
    Free trade: NO
    Aoc: YES
    Truebox: YES
    Staring expansion: KUNARK
    Expansion schedule: 1.5 months
    Exp rate: As proposed for Selo
    Corpse Retrieval: YES
    Maps enabled: YES
    Revamped zones: Don't Care
    Newb armor: NO
    Focus effect items: ORIGINAL
    Soulbinders: YES
    Ltldogg likes this.
  5. Typucm Elder

Type of player: MODERATE PLAYTIME (15 - 25 Hours a week)
    Free trade: YES
    Truebox: YES (or 2BOX if possible)
    Staring expansion: Kunark or Original
    Expansion schedule: 8-12 WEEKS
    Exp rate: As Selo

All others options for me not matter, i also like to remove some keying and progression requirements if possible :)
  6. Evade Augur

Type of player: CASUAL
    Free trade: Preferred, but either works
    Truebox: YES
    Staring expansion: Classic/Kunark start
    Expansion schedule: 6 months till Velious, 3 months every expan after
    Exp rate: Agnaar or better
    Corpse Retrieval: Doesn't matter to me
    Maps enabled: Doesn't matter to me
    Revamped zones: Doesn't matter
    Newb armor: NO
    Focus effect items: Turned off until Luclin
    Soulbinders: YES
    More Rare Spawns: YES
    More Rare Loot Drops: Don't Care
    Lock-out Timer: Little less
    Keys / Flags: Quest mob/world item spawn timers for for Keys/Flags/epics reduced to 30minutes (no bottlenecks)
    Ltldogg likes this.
  7. Kywen Augur

I'm surprised you all want such fast unlocks and late starts! Classic start and 4 month unlocks, please!
    hoovadalewt and Ltldogg like this.
  8. Evade Augur

Definitely okay with 4 month unlocks. The longer the better. Although I'd prefer to start in Kunark as I love the leveling zones of Droga and City of Mist
    hoovadalewt and Ltldogg like this.
  9. Philadar New Member

Phinny clone = $$$$ . Dont get greedy for exp pot sales with mangler exp rates.
  10. Magic Augur

Type of player: CASUAL
    Free trade: YES PLS!
    Truebox: YES / two box if possible
    Staring expansion: Classic/Kunark
    Expansion schedule: 3 month
    Exp rate: Agnaar or Selo
    Corpse Retrieval: Doesn't matter
    Maps enabled: Doesn't matter
    Revamped zones: Doesn't matter
    Newb armor: Doesn't matter
    Focus effect items: Doesn't matter
    Soulbinders: Doesn't matter
    More Rare Spawns: Doesn't matter
    More Rare Loot Drops: If possible
    Lock-out Timer: Doesn't matter
    Keys / Flags: No epics bottlenecks / easy keys and progression

I think two servers cant mach all ppl wishes, we need 3 servers if possible.

I am very very want FV TLP server, will play there with any other rules :)
    Ltldogg likes this.
  11. Weebles Augur

You can't even agree with what you yourself want. In the same thread, you have said you wanted 2-3 month unlocks, 4 month unlocks, and 3-6 month unlocks.
  12. Brunlin Augur

This ^....I agree....Xp penalty on death makes sense. Xp penalty for playing doesnt make it hard core. Hardcore, to me would have higher risk rewards, meaning it would punish more on failure but reward more on success. So,I would take even a larger penalty on death, since we cant have corpse runs, if they would just give this server a Agnaar xp rate.
  13. Ragnoruk Augur

DBG also thought that casual players wanted a super fast racing server and that hardcore players wanted a super grindy slow roll server. You have misplaced faith in their ability to understand the data they are given and their decision making skills. I agree with you though. I am a casual player and I say hell no to 6 month servers.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  14. Iyacc Augur

You guys must all be using the voting ballots from Florida.... you're not even all "voting" on the same options.

And before anyone gets their panties bunched up - I live in Florida.
  15. jordune Augur

I totally support that.
    We had that for the ragefire server creation and I loved it
    I think back then the only rule to voting was an all access membership. .. makes sence
    Torezz likes this.
  16. hoovadalewt Elder

I have not personally seen anyone ask for 6 month, and if they have it was maybe 1 lone guy. It can be discounted.

So, that leaves requests for 2-4 month unlocks being stated as preferences.

So, a smart person would understand, and I say this as a 4 month unlock fan, that the best compromise unlock is 3 month.

See how easy it is when you aren't posting just to create conflict and stir up?
    Sethiroth likes this.
  17. hoovadalewt Elder

Yeah, that democracy thing is . We definitely need to ignore the results of votes and pander to the raid bros that burn themselves out in a week, are bored of raiding in a month, and then spend the rest of the unlock whining about having nothing to do.

Those pesky casuals winning votes are irritating.
  18. Jezzie Augur

We did, and we learned fast from our mistake. That's was a pretty bad one :D
    Anything longer than 3 months and people lose interest. Go back to old servers, play other games and maybe come back when the next expansion drops.
    We shouldn't make that mistake again.
  19. Ceffener Augur

To be fair the vote went to all servers not just TLP players and 6 months happened to be the first button you could click and get something off your screen. When the vote went to the TLP server itself later they reduced the unlock from 6 to 4 (? Pretty sure). Voting is good, but forcing everyone to vote isn’t the right way either.
  20. Lankie Augur

I don't trust them to balance the game for anything under 3 month unlock.

I would go for 2 month but that would require all zone / raid flagging to be removed, and increase raid loot drops by like 3x the amount. They won't do any of this, so we are stuck with 3 month unlocks.

Even with 3 month unlocks, without open world targets, the average raider will be seriously undergeared. 2 month would be bad.

Look at the 1 month selo. Nothing adjusted with raid flagging, raid loot drops lolol.