A week and a half to come to a decision about these servers? Good grief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Weebles Augur

6 month unlocks is a death sentence. DBG knows this, and they'll never do it again, they've learned the lesson too many times, so stop asking for it. They don't care if they same 8 uber casual forum nerds think everyone wants it - they don't.
    Grogak likes this.
  2. Ltldogg Augur

Updating my original votes to add more:

Type of player: CASUAL
    Free trade: NO
    Aoc: YES
    Truebox: YES
    Staring expansion: KUNARK
    Expansion schedule: 6 months initially, then 3 for each expansion
    Exp rate: As proposed for Selo
    Corpse Retrieval: YES
    Maps enabled: NO
    Revamped zones: NO (I understand this is not happening, just voting for my pref)
    Newb armor: NO
    Focus effect items: ORIGINAL
    Soulbinders: YES
    More Rare Spawns: YES
    More Rare Loot Drops: YES
  3. Ltldogg Augur

BTW, I'm just one person speaking up for myself. I think everyone should add their own votes for the list I used or create your own. The more info we give the Devs, the more they have to work with and hopefully will come up with something as a compromise to both please a good amount of players and be viable for them to implement as well as support.

I want EQ to succeed and IMO the best way it has to do this is to keep making these TLP variances to keep as many people subscribed or resubscribe as possible. Hopefully they will have enough money to re-invest into more content to keep the game going. Personally, I want to see a split in the timeline right after SoV to have those mechanics/lore removed and add new content in the spirit of Classic.
  4. snailish Augur

Long unlocks doesn't appeal to the racers, in-era raiders, and people that don't like or don't want to redo the classic to OoW grind again on progression.

Ragefire and Lockjaw proved pretty nicely 6 month unlocks could be a go. If one of them had AoC and truebox (and truebox could only be for prePoP) you would have seen that population play out differently.

Selos is going to have population. I wouldn't change it --except I would call it Fast Progression and the word casual would have nothing to do with it. How people play is up to them.

Then you have Mangler. Call it Slow Progression. Give it normal to good XP. Remove the extra death penalty. Keep the tuning down of focus effects. And give it longer unlocks. This would place Mangler clearly in its own pocket of appeal.

I think Selos has a much larger population initially and that is okay. I think both would be viable.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'll play along as well:

Type of player: CASUAL
    Free trade: Preferred, but either works
    Truebox: YES
    Staring expansion: Classic Preferred, Kunark ok as well
    Expansion schedule: 3 months if faster than Agnaar exp, 4 months+ if agnaar exp or less
    Exp rate: Agnaar or better
    Corpse Retrieval: No thanks
    Maps enabled: Don't matter
    Revamped zones: If you could make old FP, sure otherwise no idea what this references really.
    Newb armor: NO
    Focus effect items: Turned off until Luclin
    More Rare Loot Drops: Don't Care
    Lock-out Timer: Little less
    Keys / Flags: Turn them off completely or disable on next expansion.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Type of player: LOW PLAYTIME (6 - 8 Hours a week)
    Free trade: NO
    Heirloom: YES
    Truebox: Don't mind
    Staring expansion: LUCLIN
    Expansion schedule: 1 month every expansion no exceptions
    Corpse Retrieval: Not bothered
    Maps enabled: Yes
    Revamped zones: NO (I understand this is not happening, just voting for my pref)
    Newb armor: Not bothered
    Shorter or no group lockouts for quests/missions: YES
    Ltldogg likes this.
  7. Haeldar New Member

I think it's pretty funny that we can't even seem to agree on the list of items to include in the feedback. Each response seems to add a few extra. =P
  8. Ltldogg Augur

I expect as much. We are all individuals with different opinions and hope for different things. So there were be a variable of items that are important to people. It doesn't matter what any one person puts down in such a list, but it is important we provide this info for the Devs to consider.
  9. Ishbu Augur

This thread does seem a bit much.

The 2 new rule sets were announced and faced immense and immediate backlash. DBG made it clear they were listening and looking to make changes. Do you really want them rushing that and doing what the first post to reach 100 replies suggested or do you want them carefully considering all options and making the best choice they see available?

Furthermore, it was all but stated we would get an update next week, which is still 3 weeks before these servers launch. I could see being impatient if they had made no comment since announcing the rulesets but there has been reasonable communication in a thoughtful way that should in theory end up to the benefit of the player base.

Lets just let them make corrections and then we can go back to overreacting.
  10. Jezzie Augur

Type of player: Casual (Enjoys all content, not just raiding)
    Free trade: No
    Heirloom: Yes
    Aoc: Yes
    Truebox: Yes
    Staring expansion: Classic or Kunark
    Expansion schedule: 3 month, 2 for no Level/AA expansions
    Exp rate: Phinny
    Corpse Retrieval: No
    Maps enabled: Yes (may as well, so many using 3rd party maps)
    Revamped zones: Would love to see Old Freeport for Nostalgia, I know it can't happen
    Newb armor: Not till Omens, just negates so much old world content
    Focus effect items: No, Too much drama over camps
    Soulbinders: Yes
    More Rare Spawns: No
    More Rare Loot Drops: No This and the above are the whole reason for camping gear, Not wanting free handouts
    Shorter or no group lockouts for quests/missions: No

Heroic Charcters for TLP: Just levelled, no need for gear: YES YES YES Please do away with the want/need for Powerlevelling on TLP. It's absolute poison for the server in low level XP zones

May look like a Phinny clone but that was the most fun I've had since classic.

On the heirloom I'd like to see the Player studio gear become heirloom again. Do people really buy the same robes for different characters on the same account?
    I used to love switching robes between my characters, I used to buy them all. Now I buy very few as I can't store them on mules as they take up bank slots.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  11. Ragnoruk Augur

Type of player: Casual
    Free trade: No
    Picks: Yes
    Expansion schedule: 2 months per expansion. 4 months if starting in kunark then 2 for subsequent expansions.
    Exp rate: Agnarr or slightly better
    Focus effect items: No
    More Rare Spawns: No
    More Rare Loot Drops: No

I know this isn't much different from some of the past TLPs but i'd sub again for this or something similar.

Ltldogg likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Brunlin, practicalnurse and ForumBoss like this.
  13. Evade Augur

Do you really disagree with me? One of your earlier posts stated the following;

How is this different from what I want?
  14. Evade Augur

No it's fine for casuals
  15. Iyacc Augur

I think it's funny all the people that think it's "clear" or "concise" as to what the "people" want. There's what, 100 different threads or more telling DBG what to do? That means there's probably at least 100 clear options right there.

For every person who posts what they want, there's a dozen more who just don't bother posting and 1000 more who don't read the forums.

Votes wouldn't make it clearer because you would have people voting who don't give a rat's or who don't plan on playing those servers.

Did they do it like I would have? Nope, and I didn't expect them to. That's part of the problem. Everyone expects to get what they want because emotionally we all feel our way is the best.

They were in a no win situation from the beginning. Agnarr made a lot of people happy and pissed off a bunch also. Coirnav pissed off half the people on Agnarr just for being so soon and made others happy or pissed depending on their opinion. They are dealing with opinions and emotions and there just simply isn't any single way to do this.

They made a business decision and were probably overwhelmed by all the immediate feedback. That's one difference between today and 20 years ago. Immediate feedback, whether it's good or bad. We all live on the internet and this storm of outrage seems so much worse than it really is.

For each person posting that they are gone if DBG doesn't do A, B or C - there's another guy going, hey I might just sub for that - it looks kinda cool.

Am I defending DBG choices? Not really but JFC and just chill for a few days til they decide if/when they are going to make any choices at all. Most businesses with more than 3 people involved don't spin on a dime and reverse course.
  16. Weebles Augur

DBG has the data. There is a reason they haven't created any 6 month prog servers since lockjaw/ragefire. I won't argue, since I can't "prove" it, but their decisions support this.
  17. Parva Lorekeeper

Type of player: MODERATE PLAYTIME (15 - 30 Hours a week)
    Free trade: YES
    Heirloom: YES
    Truebox: NO
    Staring expansion: LUCLIN
    Expansion schedule: 8-12 WEEKS
    Revamped zones: NO
    Newb armor: YES
    Shorter or no group lockouts for quests/missions: YES
    Ltldogg likes this.
  18. topple good idea generator

Type of player: Casual (on the high side)
    Free trade: Yes
    Expansion schedule: 10 weeks - perfecto
    Exp rate: Agnarr or Selo
    Focus effect items: Yes
    More Rare Spawns: Yes
    More Rare Loot Drops: Yes
    Ltldogg likes this.
  19. Hawer Lorekeeper

Type of player: Casual
    Free trade: Yes
    Staring expansion: Kunark
    Expansion schedule: 8-12 weeks
    Exp rate: Agnarr or slightly better
    Focus effect items: Yes
    More Rare Spawns: Yes
    More Rare Loot Drops: No
    Ltldogg likes this.
  20. Gremin Augur

Last time they did vote we got 6 month unlocks, no thanks.