How many people want 2 month unlocks on Selo?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bolten_DA, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Thalliius Augur

Let’s compromise at 6 week unlocks
  2. Toromir New Member

2 month unlocks wanted
  3. Bolten_DA Augur

I agree 100%. Selo is opening up at Luclin for a little over a month. As the server transitions it wont be so bad. Everyone will still be gearing/leveling time PoP comes out as appose to the past where being BiS at the start of PoP. It would be nice to see that time cut in half though.
  4. Old_Timer Journeyman

My vote would be for 6-8 week unlocks.
  5. Almir Elder

I like a two month unlock schedule, at least as an average. Some expansions have more content than others, I don't mind the unlock rate being dynamic, changing depending on the expansion, but an across the board 1 month unlock? No thanks.

I'd also like to start sooner than Shadows... Classic/Kunark is my vote.
  6. Thalliius Augur

I want them to stick to the 1 month unlocks, but if a compromise has to be made then I seriously hope they don’t do more than 6 weeks... that will push out the later content that this TLP is designed to take us to by double

I want to actually see all of the expansions and the way Selos is setup right now, that will be achievable. 2 months is too long between releases, anything more than that and this server will never see OoW and beyond, it will die after PoP or GoD like many of the others as people burn out or get bored
    Haeldar, Renshu and Yinla like this.
  7. Ltldogg Augur

For the casual server, 3 months unlock per expansion and if it opens with content through SoL, then no unlock for the first year.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hahaha haha ha
    Thalliius likes this.
  9. TimeBreak Elder

How is 2 months a "LONG LOCKOUT"? It's faster than every other TLP in the past 10 years, would only be slower than Combine 2006. Your ACTUAL position is B u l l .
  10. Polekn Augur

Leave Selo as it is please, do not extend unlock timers.
    Thalliius likes this.
  11. TimeBreak Elder

I thought 2 months was the compromise of the "I want the normal 3 month locks" and "I want the fast 1 month locks"
    Barton and Sethiroth like this.
  12. Sethiroth Augur

2 months is compromise enough
    Barton likes this.
  13. Sethiroth Augur

Selos is a casual server, they just up the unlock time because they have a team of monkeys running the place.
  14. Thalliius Augur

if 1 group wants 1 month, and another group wants 3 months, then the natural compromise is to meet in the middle.. which would be 6 weeks
  15. Hawer Lorekeeper

I would be happy at 6 - 8 weeks per, although should cut out the LoY timer if they increase unlocks. Would really prefer to start in Velious (actually Kunark, but would not have a problem with Velious, even if it was only for a month).

Or fix the mess that is Mangler and make that the casual server with good xp and 2-3 month unlocks. Just hope one of them will end up working for me.
  16. Ceffener Augur

Or you calculate the midpoint between 1 month and 3 months which is 2 months. ;)

AKA the middle is 8 weeks. A 6 week compromise is closer to 4 weeks and further from away from 12 weeks. This is skewed more twords the 1 month side. An equal compromise between the two is “the middle” which is 8. Not taking 12 weeks and dividing by 2.

Midpoint = (x1 + x2) / 2
    Barton likes this.
  17. malaki Augur

The proper compromise is 1 week after expansion completion.
    FubarEQ, Polekn and yerm like this.
  18. TimeBreak Elder

I know math is hard, but 1 month = 4 weeks, 3 months = 12 weeks.
    4 + 12 = 16 / 2 = 8
    8 weeks = 2 months
    "Middle"
    Barton likes this.
  19. Ambee Elder

Everyone knows that the midway point between 1 and 3 is 1.5
    Thalliius likes this.
  20. Ahze Elder

I prefer 1 month lockouts or less