Daybreak. An actual casual player here. This is my ideal casual server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evade, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Evade Augur

Subbed last week for the first time in 18 years after I read Daybreak's post that they were creating a server intended for me and other casual players. I must admit, I made of mistake in subbing before I knew the actual rules but I was confident Daybreak would do a good job.

Well it didn't work out so well, but I'm hopeful they are taking my feedback, and other casual player's feedback, and will come up with a rule set that appeals to me, not the hardcore, and not the habitual rerollers that reroll every year cause they like the race.

As a casual, let me tell you what I want

- Rename Mangler to something epic. Avatar or War for example http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6416
    - Start in Classic/Kunark
    - 3-4 month expansion releases
    - Fast Xp
    - Rare spawns more frequent/no 7 day quest mob timers (Example: Vessel and Verina for enchanter epic)
    - No keying
    - Truebox.

This would allow me to do the following before the next expansion is unlocked.
    1. Get to cap.
    2. Gear up.
    3. Attend some raids
    4. Raise some tradeskills.
    5. Complete my epic
    6. Create an alt or 2.

TLDR?

Just because I'm casual and only have 10-15 hours of play time per week, doesn't mean I want to skip content. Start from classic and give me enough time to achieve my goals before the next expan.

Thank you
    Lakeland and QuasiGnome like this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

True box isn't casual.
  3. Evade Augur

A casual logs in, makes a group and goes to Lguk, only to find a single player botting 5 wizards AE'ing the entire zone. Who would want to play on a server like that? The answer is no one... which is why the servers that allow boxxing are completely devoid of actual players
    So Happy, TheRedBandit and QuasiGnome like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Truebox does not equal boxing being bannable. plenty still roll around with 6+ via VM workarounds, 3rd party apps, etc. All you are doing is preventing legit players from playing. you stated you have not subbed in 18 years, so you don't even know what you are talking about, since TLPs have never been free to play. Either that or you are full of .
  5. Evade Augur

Okay fine. Removed that requirement
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Casual logs in, finds 3 other players, sits LFG for a healer for 2 more hours. Wishes the tank just boxed a cleric, and logs off.
    Intin and jeskola like this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

how would you even know any of this since you claim to only have subbed for the first time in 18 years a week ago? It sounds like you are lying.
  8. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

True casuals lie about even playing because they are too casual to play. Way to go OP, really made a difference with your kewl backstory
  9. Evade Augur

I've been playing p99 for the last few months and i've never really had trouble finding a group. Maybe rather than sitting LFG, you should type /who X-X cleric "Hi there, want to join my group"... really not that hard
    Pippi Langstrømpe and Lakeland like this.
  10. Shakara Augur

Not to try and hijack this thread but I think people have some real confusion about boxing. The game was not built or intended for you to play multipul characters at once which is why boxing takes a lot extra equipment to make work smoothly and for good reason. The game was built with the intent of being social and depending on others to progress. People are not suppose to be self sufficient. HOWEVER we must aknowlege that logging in and having nothing to do besides wait for other people to log in is not the best design and someone who can box a toon or two can actually get people play more because they can jump right into the game instead of having that long LFG downtime. On the raiding scene its a great convienence for when you are missing a class for buffs or just need that little extra to make things go smoothly. Truebox I think hits that sweet spot. A little boxing to soften the barrier of entry while not making the game full of everyone just playing an entire group of characters and never interacting.
    Pippi Langstrømpe likes this.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Why were you confident they would do a good job?
  12. Duladin Lorekeeper

Without Truebox you absolutely will have people 40 boxing, there is no discussion. Dont listen to the salty lads above, plenty of people around here push to have their mage armies on every new server that comes out and then piss and moan when they don't get free reign to lock down whatever zones they want.
  13. Duladin Lorekeeper

And dont even try to falsely equate it to people two or three boxing on old crappy laptops, not even close to being the same thing. As for the people abusing the spirit of the rules with 3rd party software, no one wants them around either except other people the same damn thing.
  14. Tachyon Augur

I like it!

My only objection would be keying. I think that's a fun part of the game and if you don't have to spend as much time leveling there's more time to work on keys. These days it's not that bad to key casually.
  15. Evade Augur

Yea that makes sense... If rare spawns are more common and the item spawns times are significantly decreased keying could be a fun part of the game. Please just no 8-24 hours spawns.

"Okay, I need to go to the bottom of Kaesora to get an item for the key? Sweet! Oh, I need to spend 8 hours sitting in the library waiting for the key to spawn on the ground?.. no thanks. I'll skip the raid"
  16. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

Mangler better have reduced item drop rates and reduced named spawns or its a big HARD PASS from me
  17. Lakeland Lorekeeper

We can agree to disagree I guess because to me once you move to boxing you have left “casual” IMO
    Pippi Langstrømpe likes this.
  18. Lakeland Lorekeeper

I think if it’s a server for casuals keying can be like Seb ended up (and maybe more zones did?) to enter before XX level you need to keyup, after level XX no key required. I think this hits a happy spot because you can go either way.