Players don't know what they want. Don't change Selos DBG.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinius, Feb 13, 2019.

1. TheRedBandit Elder

I don't disagree. But the posts saying that people only have 1-6 hours a week to play, and constant interruptions by kids, and responsibility who also ask for raid key removal, etc are small. I mean the people who just whine for a longer unlock, that doesn't address how they plan to actually get anything done when they play in 1-2 hour intervals 3 nights a week. I'm just not interested in having them change the servers too much to cater to a group of people whose ideas won't even fix their problem.
    Thalliius likes this.
  2. TheRedBandit Elder

Lots of people from all types of playstyles quit around kunark for different reasons. It doesn't have to be only 1.
  3. Renshu Augur

The back to back to back three month unlocks on Phinni (PoP-->LoY-->LDoN) were horrible. Many people in my guild took breaks. The same thing gets old after a while. I think that many people wanting these crazy 3+ month unlocks have never played seriously on a TLP. Stagentti hit the nail on the head here. Super causal folks never stick it out, and people with moderate to good playtime quit when the lock outs are too long and things get boring. This is just my opinion based on evidence from Phinni.
  4. Ceffener Augur

I agree, the larger group of “casuals” would be 8-10 hours a week, could raid 1-2 nights if blocks/grinds were removed. They still don’t want to raid 5 expansions behind for pointless gear though.

The other group would pretty much just need a solo server.
  5. Ceffener Augur

PoP + LoY can be combined, but modern players have the attention span of a goldfish. Game was still growing when that content was 2 years, but now 3 months is considered too long.
  6. TheRedBandit Elder

I think that the removal of raid keying and 1-1.5 months per xpac is a viable solution until SoF/SoD for raiding. PoP and OoW will have enough time with filler expansion unlocks for anyone to get gear if they can consistently raid 1-2 times a week.
  7. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

And Feign Death wasn't intended as a tool for splitting camps, AE Snare wasn't intended to be used for quad kiting, and perma-rooted mobs weren't intended to allow unlimited agro to be established before engaging! I could continue... but I think the point is made.
    Ahze and Renshu like this.
  8. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

No. No great pink Ogre. No. You drink too much.

You not know it, but you just break EQ. Ask Agnarr. You say "Deybreak, game is collection of bug and exploit dat fun by accident!". Dey say, "We fix dat." Ogre not like go VT anymore, is long and boring now. DeyBREAK game.

Stop dat.
  9. Renshu Augur

Things have changed quite a bit in 20 years. Toons are more powerful, everyone knows all of the strats, instanced raiding, etc. People generally get better at things with repetitions. Doing the same thing over and over generally gets boring. I am using broad generalizations.
  10. Asheya New Member

Pretty much myself most TLP's, struggle to make it to Velious after the Kunark slog. Saying that, despite being BiS less than 1 month into early expansions, they require a lot less work than later ones so I'm not sure if 1 month is super tight or not. Maybe for some xpacs and not for others. Selo's is massively more attractive to play on for the top 50-60% of the player base I'd imagine. Being BiS isn't a priority but raiding in relevant eras is. Wonder if there will be a euro guild on any of these servers though...
  11. Sethiroth Augur

What are you planning on raiding with a mix of group gear and a few pieces of raid gear from three expansions ago? Cause that’s what your gonna end up with if you’re raiding the current expansion five or six months in.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The fact that every Hardcore TLP guild is advertising recruiting for Selo's Server is 100% Black and White, irrefutable proof that they mixed up the server rules sets.
    Ahze likes this.
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Are you really comparing 20 year old problems with the game that were never fixed FOUR companies ago to anything relevant to EQ today?
  14. Sethiroth Augur

It’s known as clutching at straws.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

There is always someone that thinks people don't know what they want. Guess what if I don't like something and don't want it. You telling me I want it doesn't change the fact that I don't --
    Me:" I don't like being punched in the face"
    Someone Else " "but this punch in the face is different you would really like it"
    Me: "No I won't because I don't like being punched in the face ""