How many people want 2 month unlocks on Selo?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bolten_DA, Feb 12, 2019.

1. FubarEQ Journeyman

2-3 month unlocks would be ideal. 1 month is just insane for an "ultra casual" server.
  2. TimeBreak Elder

Besides yerm and like 3 other people on these forums, every other person I've seen post about Selos says extend the xpac unlocks to at least 2 months. This includes the 40-50 people in my guild discord discussing the announcement, it is unanimous that 1 month is just too fast.
  3. ShivanAngel Augur

3 month unlocks have always felt to long for me. I am always burnt out before the next expansion rolls around...

I really feel that somewhere between 4-8 weeks is the sweet spot, but not 100% sure where it would fall for me...

If I had my druthers I really think 6 week lockouts would be perfect.
    Bolten_DA likes this.
  4. malaki Augur

There always seems to be a lot of forum posts about wanting long lockouts and yet every single TLP ever population dips very hard after a month or so into each expansion.
  5. ShivanAngel Augur

This x1000000 after the 6 week mark you start having trouble fielding raid forces as people do other things until the next expac. The server starts feeling empty. Then the new expansion hits and there is a population boom BUt it is slightly less than the previous expansion...

Part of this is because people got to see what they wanted to and the later expansions dont appeal to them, and the other is people just decide not to come back... Either way longer unlock are bad for server longevity. I think 2 months would be fine though...
  6. TLP Addict Augur

I agree that one month is a bit short.

Increase the lockouts to 6-8 weeks and this server will be.

[IMG]
    Asheya, Tornat and Bolten_DA like this.
  7. Haeldar New Member

I love pretty much everything about the Selo's ruleset and can't wait to play! I could see 6-8 week unlocks though.
    Tornat likes this.
  8. northstar Augur

Here is an idea... Unlock the new server with all Expansions... no experience modifiers and everyone HAS to start in the Tutorial hahaha /faceroll on Rexus!!!!
    Sethiroth likes this.
  9. Sethiroth Augur

I’d prefer the usual three months. It’s supposed to be a casual server. But yes I agree, they have got sooo close to getting this right, it’s just the unlock timer that will screw it
  10. Sethiroth Augur

Does this game your waiting on rhyme with pantheon by any chance?
  11. Craftbrews New Member

I am in favor of 2 month unlocks.
  12. Weebles Augur

I'm quite excited for 1 month unlocks. Keep in mind exp is double and raid instance lockouts are halved. And to the people saying they won't have time to key or whatever... nothing says you have to do everything in era. It's ok to raid VT after PoP hits.
    Thalliius and Yinla like this.
  13. Weebles Augur

Eh I'm glad they finally did a prog server that opens up with Luclin. I'm so tired of leveling via the classic path. Excited to level in PC, CC, Kaesora, Kurns, Acrylia, etc.
    Thalliius, Haeldar, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  14. Montag Augur

Ya that part will be cool. :)
    Yinla likes this.
  15. yerm Augur

The majority of people at least claim to want longer unlocks and even a fast release cheerleader like me won't deny it. Let me try to lay out my actual position here.

1. Every slow unlock sees population drops in the latter periods followed by a resurgence upon unlock.
    2. Every tlp since combine and sleeper already did this. Every tlp including them started in classic only.
    3. The people arguing for long unlocks are repeatedly and openly stressing a desire to do large amounts of content include epics, keyed raids, long (chase item) quests, and then repeat it on alts. I am very deliberately calling such lofty ambitions NOT casual.
    4. The high ambition low playtime crowd was treated to the phinny server - nerfed box armies, raids for all, and 3 month unlocks so you can do everything. This server was a resounding success because - as clearly evidenced here on these forums - a lot of people are hardcores in ambition but with low playtime. I would guess a solid third to half of all eq tlp players fall here while the hardcore neckbearders are maybe 10% at most.
    5. Mangler, being basically phinny 3.0 with the trend from coirnav of even slower xp continuing, should therefore be viewed as the server designed for people who have "ultra hardcore" ambitions like doing all quests and bis gearing in era.
    6. The rants, flames, crying, threats to quit, and just general spam seems to mostly be coming from people who perfectly fit into that hardcore goals but low playtime group... but are tryimg to identify as casuals for whatever reason. These folks should not feel ashamed of being called hardcore nor embarassed about lacking time for the game. They SHOULD stop trying to lay claim to selo which is not for them.
    7. Mangler, which IS for them, could do with importing some of the ideas everyone likes about selos to maybe tweak it to their liking.
    8. If you define ultra casual as I do: along for the ride, like to see lots of things, but not trying to bog down and grind or farm heavily... Selo hit the mark.
    9. If your definition of ultra casual means logging in once in a blue moon and basically almost never seriously touching eq, I am afraid no tlp is ever gonna hit the mark. The p in tlp is going to kill anyone with almost zero playtime. That crowd needs the era-locked servers.

So basically I am not arguing against the majority of posters calling for long unlocks. I am arguing that they are hardcores, that ultra casuals will not be happy on a server designed to stall while they do it all, and that selos was never meant for them. They need to lobby for mangler fixes and not try to ruin an awesome fast paced (selos speed if you will...) tlp that is so cool for both the virgin neckbeard autists and the lackadaisical just a taste of things casuals.

(Edits for typos, this forum is not optimized for mobile)
  16. Voidan New Member

I didn’t read any of this just saying hey Bolton_DA. It’s Zylo(_DA)! Where are you playing now?
  17. Renshu Augur

The more I think about it, the less I want 2 month unlocks. I think it would actually make the server worse. I'm changing my mind, I want 1 month unlock, but would be OK with 6 week.
    Thalliius likes this.
  18. TheRedBandit Elder

I think 6 weeks and level based raid flagging would be the ideal compromise.
    Thalliius and Renshu like this.
  19. Iyacc Augur

I like 2 months per unlock except that means 6 months of PoP/LDoN/LoY which is just waaaaaaay too long. If they started the 2 month unlocks at GoD, probably be just about perfect.
    Haeldar and Bolten_DA like this.
  20. Barathrum Augur

I do just make LOY/LDON 1 month so we dont have 6 months of pop thats the main issue is having 3+ months of pop!!! i mean can we just get FV ? Also remove flagging for POR