So much hate, but I am thrilled with the casual server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheRedBandit, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

kind of funny that u think guilds need bis vt gear to raid pop

quarm will still fall in 3-4 days from pop launch without a sweat
  2. Quill Augur

I can definitely see it falling to *a* guild. But many guilds like on other TLP's? No. Hey.. maybe i'm wrong... we'll see.

For in-era kills.. given the time constraints and late-start, the setup pretty much puts a premium on hardcore levelling and gearing(and keying to support that) and a guild of like-minded people centered around that that play 12+ hours a day and are ready, willing, and able to shovel Krono for loot rights or for any other item they may need. The rest will likely kill stuff out of era.

Faceless could do it, i'm quite sure. But it'll be Benny Hill for everyone else.
  3. Tyrs New Member

I've got 5 Canadian Pesos that Faceless will roll toons on Selos and then proceed to steamroll the content and anyone that gets in their way.
  4. Quill Augur

Isn't that what I just said?
    Ishbu likes this.
  5. Tyrs New Member

Relax, I agreed with you.
  6. Bolten_DA Augur

Those poor krono farmers really got ##@#@ed losing out on classic/kunark. :eek:
  7. Crayon123 Augur

Yeah, think most will have to adapt and lock down epic mob drops and/or multiquests and sell for 25 KR a pop.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

With the faster xp, it is now viable I think to farm krono on both servers. Thanks DBG.
  9. Bolten_DA Augur

Honestly, Crayon I dont even think people will want epics. The time people reach max level the server will be mid/end of luclin. Why even bother going through the trouble. Cleric epic would be the exception.
  10. Ambee Elder

Yes, the hardcore people who can put in 12 hour days will love this server. For actual casual players, we'll have time to level up and raid once or twice before the next expansion.

Definitely a hardcore players perfect server
    Koshk likes this.
  11. Renshu Augur

Epic 2.0
    Crayon123 likes this.
  12. Bolten_DA Augur

good point. Wouldnt the prequest to bypass the 1.0s would be a lot easier and cheaper?
  13. Crayon123 Augur

Would vary by the class.
  14. Renshu Augur

Epics vary in difficulty so much, its crazy. Some can likely be two boxed in Luclin, but everyone won't be gushing with BIS like on past TLP's. Will be interesting to see what people go for first with the extra expansions on launch.
  15. Crayon123 Augur

Agreed, this is "different" in the respect that you will have to make some important decisions regarding gear choices - must haves and have not's. While the unlock timer is lower, a majority of the casual guilds aren't going to raid 4-5 days a week to maximize loot drops and get BIS, it's just not going to happen.
    Renshu likes this.
  16. Guzzle Augur

It's. Not. Hate. It's. Valid. Criticism.
    Kruggan_Darkblood likes this.
  17. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Selo's is my dream server. Play all the content again, at a fast pace, and not take 5 years to get to Live. 2 years is perfect timing for me. I dont have 18 hours a day to give to EQ, haven't had that time for years. I will definitely be playing Selo's and Streaming it on my channel.
    TheRedBandit, code-zero and Crayon123 like this.
  18. Crayon123 Augur

I actually like it, its something new and I've always wanted to see some of the newer stuff. Many of us have been through the Classic gauntlet now many times. I do realize not everyone has though.
  19. Crayon123 Augur

Should be a good time! Just wish we had 2 months for some of this content many of us have never done before.
  20. Stagentti Augur

Lol well good luck seeing basically any of the content close to live when you don't have the gear, levels, and AAs to handle the top end stuff.

Oh...and a low population by the time you get close.