Start the new servers at Classic.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Tankz Lorekeeper

Classic start won't be mind numbing so long as the unlocks aren't forever.
  2. Iyvy Augur

Exactly, 2 months of classic would be fine. Make Kunark 1 month. Perfect for me.
  3. Stagentti Augur

Lol no.

Most of the people who complain about that are the same people complaining about starting in Classic.

The casual people who love starting in classic aren't the ones racing around feeling like they gotta get key'd and epics ASAP.
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Stagentti Augur

That's not casual friendly.

And this is going to be an "ultra casual" server...
  5. Barathrum Augur

Classic - POP sucks! TSS START #DRAKKIN
  6. Quill Augur

I've never met a single casual person in my life that was like.. I GOTTA GET KEYED.

LETS GO CAMP KARNORS BASEMENT Y'ALL.

Nope. Not a single one. In general, getting a casual to work keys is like getting a vegan to eat meat.

And the only actual casual people that love starting in Classic are the ones that love the new car smell. They're also usually gone fairly quickly, once it turns into the El Camino-smell in Kunark.
  7. Stagentti Augur

Love classic. On multiple servers have been in guilds full of people that love classic.

All stayed until at least Velious.

Good morning Quill. Another day of all this it seems.
    Tankz likes this.
  8. Quill Augur

I'm sure... but they're hardly casual. And we have a Hardcore Server just for them. I don't think anybody has yet suggested that the Hardcore Server start anywhere but Classic, so have at it.

Seriously, that you even tried to claim said people were casual because they camped keys either shows you to be very disingeous, or completely out of touch with what actually constitutes a casual player.

The moment you run into anybody that just has to go run out to Swamp and click a point on the ground endlessly, just call them for what they are... hardcore. Even more so if they're gladly willing to pay Krono for the item instead.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Stagentti Augur

Lol what? How are they not casual? You don't even know them lol. You've been making claims like this against people nonstop no matter what they say.

I specifically said the people who love starting at classic DO NOT worry about camping keys. Honestly did you even read the post?

"The casual people who love starting in classic aren't the ones racing around feeling like they gotta get key'd and epics ASAP."

1/10 trolling.
    andross77 likes this.
  10. Quill Augur

Lol... out of touch it is then if you keep tilting at windmills trying to claim that people who rush keys are in any way casual.

Just... wow. Your casual player wants those removed and most don't even bother if they're included.

And nope... haven't met a person yet that liked and looked to rush keying ASAP, that was anything but hardcore. I mean, in that scenario what do you consider casual play? Camping stuff for 12 hours and not 16? Is that ultra-casual player the weaksauce that only camps stuff for 8 hours a day?

You've pretty much torqued what actually constitutes a casual beyond all recognition at that point.
  11. Trox2010 Augur

Dude do you comprehend what you read, or do you only see what you want, and screw what was actually written? He said twice now "The casual people who love starting in classic aren't (as in are not as in they don't (do not) do that) the ones racing around feeling like they have to get key'd and epics ASAP." For those that are comprehension impaired that means they DO NOT camp for key parts click on a ground spot hoping to get it this time. They may swing by from time to time to see if it is there, but will move on if it is not so as to spend their limited game play time on other things.
  12. Ootax Augur

Start t his TLP in The Burning Lands or bust!!!
  13. Greendav Lorekeeper

Classical server for a least 6 month, then kunark 6 months then velious 6 months then go back to phini :)
    Liliun and Kywen like this.
  14. Iyvy Augur

This.

And make the other server start in God, so Quill and his boxes can have their own server and leave the rest of us alone
    Liliun and Kywen like this.
  15. Montag Augur

Remove the key req from VP and Howling Stones and kunark sucks a lot less.
  16. Rananena Journeyman

Imo, Classic/Kunark/Velious is the most fun of all. I tend to lose interest in a TLP server once it gets beyond Luclin.
  17. Kywen Augur

Yes yes! Six month unlocks! Please, please, please???
  18. Tankz Lorekeeper

What if I hate having to get the keys but still do it? Am I casual or hardcore? Cascore? Hardsual?
  19. Brunlin Augur

If you are unlocking content this fast on the server it would not be a Hardcore server. That would be a server that would be only for the 1 or 2 top hardcore raiding guilds, while everyone just waits until content unlocks fast, and play the game on easy street. How would this be hardcore for everyone not in the raiding guilds? Hardcore server means for the whole game to be harder, unlocking content quicker does not accomplish this.
  20. Koshk Augur

An untrue generalization. Iyvy wants classic. So do I, actually. And apparently so do some others.

I think we can agree that *some* people, who want to play TLP, don't want classic/kunark/velious.

But some do.
    hoovadalewt likes this.