Frog Monk/ Wood Elf Beastlord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by malfurionn, Feb 3, 2019.

1. malfurionn Elder

Would it really kill them to have these options unlocked when the expansion for them is open (Luclin for beastlord, LOY for frog)? I'm never going to play on a TLP to the point these 2 options are finally in, which I believe is something like VoA/RoF. To me the game isn't as fun as it used to be once it gets that late in expansions, would just be fun to have some time with these combos on a tlp server instead of just pretty much live ones being the only option.
  2. Trox2010 Augur

It might so its probably best not to risk it.
    Nolrog and practicalnurse like this.
  3. taliefer Augur

they did minimal work when adding these classes. there are no wood elf trainers or spell vendors for beastlords in kelethin, and no froglok monk trainers. they made the only starting option Crescent Reach. dunno why they didnt tie them to TSS but chose a way later expansion
    snailish likes this.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Wood Elf Treelords are garbage, so yes, it would kill them.
  5. snailish Augur

^this. There have been times I have subbed an account just to choose starter city on character creation. Nothing against Crescent Reach, just sometimes it isn't part of my character's "story".

1. Both race/class combos mentioned should be properly instated to at least there home cities.
    2. There is no lore reason to not allow them way earlier, but TSS should be the "wide open" time for new combos.

3. They should add more combos, starting with the obvious missing ones (half-elf options should cover all human classes and deity choices, as well as cities. Personally I think some half-elves could be half dark-elf too..., as one example) and then there is spots in modern era that lore could easily justify new things... Rain of Fear era we have several expacs where Cazic Thule faith is a part of the story, conclusion of that could easily have led to an Iksar, Troll and Paineel Erudite renaissance --making the Iksar class quests cover some new classes wouldn't be that much work (i.e., new Iksar wizards could do the necro skullcap line, etc.).
    malfurionn likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

1. If they were to go back and add this in, it would be time consuming to ensure it was properly itemized so they can use things,

2. Agree, since TSS has all things necessary to support any race/class combo.

3. As I understand it, the issue is related more to the lack of animations for many race / class combinations than anything, and as you mentioned, there wouldn't be many of the early quest series for them (though I personally don't find this a major problem, there would be people who complained about it.)
    malfurionn and snailish like this.
  7. snailish Augur

^solid points.

1. There absolutely would be things for beast or Ber that would not have these races on it in the Luclin and GoD eras, and for eras after until the more templatized gear became the norm. This is an extremely valid reason for no new combos ever happening before TSS era.

3. lack of animations and armors is valid. The armors one... might actually be worth them solving? (I've always wondered if they couldn't just default cloth on trolls and such to look the same as leather...) But let's assume it is not worth the bother:

-You don't add cloth classes to any race lacking a cloth armor look (so this likely precludes half elves being all they could be). This doesn't stop Iksars or Erudites having way more options though. There's probably 10 combos you could do fully within existing lore with the races that have unused classes for armor options they already have --and aside from monk, what race would be missing a class animation? {genuine question... haven't paid attention to this}.

-making the Cabilis' class quests include the classes that don't Kunark start there could be worth the time. You want a cleric item out of Cabilis? It would be the shaman cudgel, could be for Paladins as well and so on. So while Iksar clerics could be added later (likely TSS) letting others work on the quests in earlier era isn't a bad thing imo. There's a few other quests you cherry-pick adjust to suit new combos, but they don't have to go overboard on this aspect.
  8. malfurionn Elder

Now that I could at least begrudgingly accept/makes sense as I still like playing during that era of the game, I enjoy TSS a lot. Isn't there a Wood Elf beastlord trainer though on that hill with the dead orcs? Can't quite recall if the person was just an NPC or an actual trainer.