When the New TLPs launch please increase Coirnav Exp rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xylonite, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Xylonite Journeyman

With the launch of the new TLPs its no secret Coirnav population will take a hit, while I don't personally think the server will die, I do think the player base is going to dwindle.

Can we get an increase in exp rate? Currently its one of the big turn offs for TLP players on Coirnav.

If the new ultra casual TLP has large periods between unlocks, people will invariably look to do other things once they have maxed out the current content and that may mean playing on other servers while they wait for content to unlock.

If Coirnav was more attractive to come back to with a better exp rate, the players leaving Coirnav for the newer TLP would probably be more likely to come back and carry on playing characters on Coirnav as the catch up would be quicker, between content locks on the other TLP.

Coirnav is a great server other than the tedious exp rate, if this was increased to a better level I feel it would benefit the server more once the new TLPs arrive.

Thoughts?
    Darkhain and Thalliius like this.
  2. Olostin New Member

Exp rate on this server will go up over time as expansions are released, and will represent when Exp rates changed initially on live. The first of these increases will occur with GoD launch.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  3. Darkhain Elder

That's too late, xp rate is a big problem on Coirnav.
    Thalliius likes this.
  4. TheRedBandit Elder

If the xp wasn't garbage, i'd burn 2 kronos so my wife and I could play today.
    Thalliius likes this.
  5. snailish Augur

I would have turned up Coirnav's XP already.
    Thalliius likes this.
  6. Thalliius Augur

If not a server wide XP boost, offer some "platinum membership" boost that costs more per month and I would gladly pay that to just have an XP boost all the time

Its what a lot of games do with microtransactions, because it works... and generates recurring revenue streams

Coirnav XP rates are brutal.. i got my wife's old computer setup and have been trying to duo box 2 new toons when im not raiding/etc on my main toon... i just can't take it.. ill play for 1-2 hours and barely get a level and im under level 10 with fairly twinked out gear lol! i may just abandon that entire duo box idea and just cancel the 2nd account subscription, because it goes so slow i cant picture leveling up an Alt after doing it on my main and practically quitting at one point for getting so burnt out at the 5+ hour grinds it took nearly every single night for over a month just to get to 60.. that included playing like 10 hours some days on the weekend, just No Lifing this game and your rewards for putting that time in were so small, they came so slow

Meanwhile..... a few "special" classes get to use unbalanced mechanics and mass AoE kill for absurd experience gains that could never be matched, even by a regular group using a 50% experience potion which costs $10 for 4 hours, they would have no chance at even touching the XP gains an AoE deep group does... its very unbalanced, you have to be one of a select few classes to even get into an AOE deep group. for everybody else, its just a brutally slow grind that you basically have to do with an XP boost potion and a 4 hour block of time in order to efficiently progress
  7. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

Interesting.. Didn't take long for the first post to happen that complained about AoE exp in The Deep..
  8. Thalliius Augur

You think its perfectly fine that like 3 classes get to burn through experience at like 500% of the rate as everyone else?

That's just perfectly balanced and fair, nothing to see here... the rest of you need to work 5x longer to get stuff that we do, because you didn't pick one of the trinity classes

Didn't take long for the first nervous Wizard/Enchanter/Cleric to come running and complaining that someone pointed out how their little XP monopoly may not be perfectly fair and balanced
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

Lol you think I play one of these classes? Only class out of those that I've ever played is a Cleric, and I'm certainly not doing it right now.. So no, I didn't get to partake in AoE Deep exp... Never have actually.. But, I do know, that they certainly won't be doing AoE groups for very long.. It's not something that lasts, why are your panties in such a bunch? If you're so jealous, go play one of those classes.. I don't b/c they're terrible (imo) on raids and in the group game when they actually have to do that.. So they have their time to pwn a bunch of mobs at once. Again, doesn't last forever. Calm your ti ts.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

Nope to increasing exp. Enjoy the dead server you invested in when every Agnarr player told everyone it was a bad idea.
  11. Thalliius Augur

Sounds like you don't even play on Coirnav, so why would you be posting and chiming in with your irrelevant opinion? Oh right, to troll
  12. Thalliius Augur

And Agnarr never stood a chance... back in November when i came back to this game for first time in 15+ years and was reading through all the TLP rulesets to choose a server... Agnarr was IMMEDIATELY crossed off the list with a permanent PoP lockout

I was not interested in being forever trapped at PoP, so why the hell would anyone coming back that wants to experience all the expansions go to a server that perma locks them at PoP?

Sounds like you're just bitter that YOU invested into a dead server
    Barton likes this.
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm pretty sure that Agnarr appeals to a specific group of people that want to enjoy that era only, and has a greater chance of rolling on after these new servers open or pass those eras. Coirnav doesn't have that unique appeal and it is why it will be a ghost town regardless if you increase the exp.

You knew the server rules when you joined it. No one's fault but your own for spending that much time on a server that even people who played on it complained from the get go and burned out.

Sorry that the truth hurts so much.

You chose.....poorly.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  14. Darkhain Elder

Nothing to do with poor choice of going to Coirnav, because most people who joined, wanted to a fresh server, which wouldn't stop like Agnarr. The only choice was Coirnav despite the xp rate.
    Thalliius likes this.
  15. Crayon123 Augur

You knew what Coirnav would be going into it, there is no reason for a XP increase. It was always destined to become the next forgotten server, that's why many people didn't bother to get invested into it and chose to wait for the 20th Anniversary new server launches.

Go take a look at the older threads, the warnings were everywhere. No excuse.
  16. Lion of God Elder

Coirnav wont completely die, it'll just become impossible to find anyone to group with 1 - 50 unless you box (oh wait, truebox nvm.)

Actually, the more I think of it, Coirnav will probably die. Glad I left before hitting max level exclusively due to the XP rates. It will be interesting to observe how these events unfold over the next couple months.

I'm going to bet, even most the people who defended the slow xp rates on Coirnav are going to jump ship. Also, it's going to become completely obvious, that nobody enjoyed the XP rates, they merely tolerated them due to Coirnav being the only option DBG was offering at the time for early content.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Or wait... because everyone said the 20th anniversary was coming... and we expected something unique.
    Jontrann likes this.
  18. FIsh Lips Augur

Don't try to PUG AE groups. They require more coordination than you give them credit for, and as a result, are often friends working together. Every AE group I've been in has been a premade, and there are usually 5 open spots that any class can fill, but there is an expectation that if you're not stunning or nuking you are pulling. Many people are not comfortable pulling, but I have yet to find a class that can't do it, with enough practice. However, those 5 open spots are reserved for friends: we're not hiring from the /lfg pool, and honestly we've never had problems filling every spot.

That's all irrelevant. The XP rate is too slow, with AE groups or, especially, without. The difference is that the XP on coirnav is so slow people are choosing to either get in AE groups, or log out. And a lot are choosing the latter. It's futile to do single pull groups, just do the math and look at how many hours you sit there numbing your mind... forget it.
  19. Thalliius Augur

There was no “choice” when I came back in November, Coirnav was the only logical choice because it was a relatively new server and allows progression thru all the expansion packs

Nobody who’s been out of the game for 15 years is going to know the inner politics of this game, or know the exact state of the servers when joining. Coirnav was the only choice, either that or not play Everquest on a TLP because at the time there was no official announcement about a new TLp from DBG and the forums are useless because it’s just endless spam from people demanding a new TLp with super specific ruleset that satisfy their personal fantasy

Even if they had announced the March 16th TLp, I wouldn’t have waited around for 1/3 of a year just for a chance to play on it. We won’t even know the specifics of the new servers, it’s possible I’ll have zero interest in the ultra casual. I already know I’ll have zero interest in the hardcore mode... Coirnav demands a stupid amount of my personal time as is, I can’t imagine a server where they make things even harder and even more tedious than it already is

Your attitude tho is why games like this and many other things in life will slowly erode and be destroyed. Most would rather watch the world burn if they don’t get exactly what they want.

Coirnav is actually the most likely survive. Some of the population will likely be permanently lost to the hardcore server, but the ultra casual may just end up being a place people build alts, and then go back to coirnav to work on their main.

Coirnav still has the biggest population and is about to enter a super popular PoP expansion. My guild had over 72 people in our raid last night, we had to kick alts and boxes out of the raid and still couldn’t bring everyone. We also have a contingency plan to merge with another guild should we get impacted badly enough, but from what I’m hearing in discord and guild chat, very few people will be leaving

I think this idea that coirnav is going to be a dead server is just wishful thinking by extremely bitter people who picked Agnarr or some other server that isn’t doing well right now and these new TLPs will be the final straw that broke the camels back

Long Live Coirnav!
    ch0rny likes this.
  20. Thalliius Augur

These forums are not representative of the larger community as a whole. White the opposite actually, most here are a bit extreme in their view points and have very specific wants/needs that they scream about as loudly as possible hoping someone will listen

Suggesting there is “no excuse” for people coming back after nearly 2 decades and not fully understanding the intricacies of these servers and what they mean short term and long term is pretty foolish. Most of the posts on this board regarding TLPs isn’t information you could actually use in making a decision because it’s mostly just spam posts demanding some new TLp

These forums represent a very small minority of the eq population.

Enjoy the new server with 15 people on it, long live Coirnav!!
    ch0rny likes this.