Cannot scribe spells

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by rrriches, Jan 15, 2019.

1. rrriches New Member

I just got to level 75 my enchanter and bought their level 71-75 spells. For some reason, 5 of the spells cannot be scribed and when I try to copy them into the spellbook, either by dragging the scroll over or right clicking on the scroll from my inventory, the game will start attempting to scribe the spell before giving me the message "You are not able to learn that skill." I have checked that there are no filters in my spell book and that I have not scribed the spells before. Anyone seen this error before/know how to fix it?

Thanks a ton.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are they RK II and are you a free or silver account? Which spells?
  3. rrriches New Member

They are just the rank 1 spells you can buy from the POK vendor. For my enchanter they are: rune of the kedge, entrancer's aura, mind phobiate, mana recursion and perplexing flash. I just tried buying spells for my 75 wiz and necro as well and again a few random ones cannot be memorized for some reason.
    I play on test so I believe that counts as gold but those accounts would be f2p on the live servers.
    I tried submitting a petition but was told that there was nothing the GM's could do and to try and submit a bug report.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All the enchanter spells seem to be related to Buried Sea expansion. Could check on your other ones and see if they are related to same expansion. Maybe that expansion is corrupt on your account or char ini files.

I was asking about RK II since those are not available to free or silver accounts. Since you are playing on test you should have no problem with them but then all bets are off :) as far as stuff working right on test. If you were on live servers, even free accounts can scribe those as they are not RK II.

There are currently some bugs on spells on test and they should have updated or will be updating. But those were more TBL related.
  5. rrriches New Member

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that. I wouldn't think that anything client side would mess with the ability to scribe spells but anything goes I suppose. Thanks for the ideas!
  6. Silday_FV New Member

I'm actually having the same issue on live server.
  7. javiere New Member

Aye, i am having the same issue on Phinigel with just some of the TBS spells, bought with doubloons
  8. Tocidaz New Member

I am having the same problem on my cleric, wizard, mage and enchanter. All the spells I cant mem are from 71 to 75. Most spells are fine but each level seems to have a few that give the error "You are not able to learn that skill".
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

A dev posted in the bug forums that they are aware of this and will be fixing it
  10. Tocidaz New Member

Awesome. Thanks Catpaws.