Account to Account transfers

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nickalispicalis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Nickalispicalis Journeyman

I understand that this service is currently unavailable and given the length of time that it has been unavailable I dare say that it will never again be available, however, in the unlikely event that it does, can one transfer a heroic character to another account thus freeing up the slot?

One of the drawbacks about buying a heroic character is how limiting the feature is. Once you have put significant levels on a character, no one wants to delete them. If buying the slot is merely to test out how a class plays,this should normally be done on a test server.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hello. Welcome.
  3. Ellron00 Journeyman

If you bought the heroic character slot then you can delete it and re use it again.. free ones disappear forever tho
  4. Nickalispicalis Journeyman

If you bought the heroic character slot then you can delete it and re use it again.. free ones disappear forever tho
    Yes, but you lose the character. In the past I believe you could transfer a character to another account and thus retain the progress gained. In fact, I am certain that I have done that in the past as I have heroic characters attached to an account with no Heroic Character slots available.

This is just another example of why Daybreak needs to wake up and the smell the roses and bring this feature back. Think twice before purchasing a heroic character slot as you are limited to one character class, unless you wish to lose all your progress by starting over again. Testing how another class plays should be freely available on a test server, not to pay to play.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think we have a better chance of catching Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi in bed together than getting account to account transfers again. That would be my edgamacated guess.
    Lagerale likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually its only the first giveaway heroic (from 2014) that cannot be reused. The one given out free in 2017 can be reused.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. MMORogue New Member

How do you know which one you have? I am silver and have a heroic upgrade available. I know I did not buy it. But do not recall why I have it - from checking back in in 2014 or 2017?
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you have a heroic upgrade Available it is NOT one that will disappear. It was likely attached to the purchase of a collector's edition or higher version of an expansion, or it was the 2017 freebie. There were two or three expansions which included HCs as a perk for buying the Collector's edition or Premium edition. The HC preview freebie from 2014 was extremely limited and was only available during the specific time that the preview was going on; if it was not used it poofed. The 2017 freebie was given if you logged into EQ between March 16th and March 31st, 2017; it was a part of that year's Anniversary celebration.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

A warning dialog pops up on the first freebie. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE THIS CHARACTER? THIS WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR HEROIC CHARACTER COUNT. or something to that effect. The rest of them just ask you to enter the characters name and you can remake those.

For example I show "available heroic 2" on my character log in screen. I haven't used either yet and have no way of telling when I got them or how. I know I did not buy them so they are among the giveaway ones. So it would warn me if I make one and then try to delete it if it is not eligible for the remake.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You could transfer a heroic character to another account much like any other character assuming the service becomes available again. The character slot is not heroic the character is once it has been made heroic it is just like any other character.

The only question would be if you transferred it to another account and it was deleted would you get a heroic upgrade back. My thinking is the system is probably not that flexible.

Hmmm you mention heroic character slots. I don't believe transferring a heroic toon out lets you make a new one on the original account. It is the character that is heroic not the slot and short of deleting the character (not transferring) I don't believe it would give you the ability to make a new heroic character nor was that ever the intention. But that is just my opinion.
  11. Kobrah Augur

Miss this feature a lot. I had hopped a couple characters around between my accounts over the years and wanted to move my rog and sham to their own account and 6 box. Decided to stop progression in RoS and stopped playing "hoping" this would come back so I wouldn't have to run through progression twice.