Another botched AA consolidation incoming (Bite of Tashani)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by mmats, Oct 23, 2018.

1. mmats Augur

The range is the same its always been for Bite of Tashani (50ft), so nothing changed in that regard. Its a PBAE...

The change from instant cast means enchanters cant really afford to use this before casting an AE stun/mez anymore unless they feel like waiting the extra 2 seconds while the tank is getting beat on. This is a huge nerf, and I really cant wrap my head around wtf devs were thinking here. The DoT nerfs I could get behind, but this is BS.
    eqgamer and Ghubuk like this.
  2. segap Augur

An instant cast AA might as well just be rolled up in to the spells it's mostly used with. There needs to be an opportunity cost to use it beyond an extra button. Two seconds seems a bit much, but I don't disagree with adding some penalty for improving the odds on ae mez.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

If the intent was to be a nerf, then it should have been stated as such.
  4. segap Augur

Their communication is not a strong point. Who knows what their intent was.

I just don't think it's unreasonable to have an opportunity cost for casting the debuff. 2 seconds is overboard in my opinion, however. That number could imply making it have a quick cast time + negating the global cooldown. Thus making it act like a spell despite being an AA button.
  5. mmats Augur

The point is that this new version is significantly worse than the old version even though it now casts a much better debuff. The original "penalty" was that the debuff wasnt as good as single target tash and it also had a longer recast.

I would rather they had simply nerfed the original resist debuff and left the cast time alone. I actually think their intention was to upgrade this AA while consolidating, much like they did with Wind of Malaise (which is still instant cast).

Someone explain to me how mages get an AE resist debuff thats better than enchanters in almost all ways.

Instant cast - vs - 2 second cast
    Targetted AE - vs - PBAE
    Decrease CR/MR/FR/PR by 160 - vs - Decrease MR by 120
    60 second recast - vs - 7 second recast
    -115 resist adjust - vs - Unresistable
  6. Brohg Augur

unresistable vs resistable. NEXT
  7. mmats Augur

Wind of Malaise is -115 resist adjust. There aint much resisting that.

NEXT :cool:
  8. segap Augur

The point is I was only commenting on the cast time.

I'm not a fan of any of these AA to most current spell transitions. They don't look like they were given any thought beyond a technical goal of not replicating spell development in the AA system. The problem being how do you rectify years and years of diverging implementations on the same thing.
    mmats likes this.
  9. eqgamer Augur

And my 2nd enc was max aa so I’ve just played him oog w dbg store rk2 cap increase. Now the aa increases and calls for a Krono use /sub in order to max it at 6/6. Not a big deal here. Just unexpected and w/e.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

I thought we would be left alone for at least a year after the DoT-pocalypse...
    Cailen likes this.
  11. mmats Augur

Its crazy how this is making enchanters less reliable in crowd control than they have been in years. Those extra 2 seconds can last a lifetime.

I have resorted to using my mages instant AE debuff instead, while my enchanter is in the process of casting AE mez/stun. Do us a favor and just delete Bite of Tashani in the next round of AA consolidation, I am tired of all the garbage in my list.
  12. Arraden Augur

This is terrible.

For AE crowd control - gone from 2 seconds to essentially 6 seconds, and... with the added problem of having to do this while mobs are on top of you.

I can't see the point in it and, as some have already written, this is a big nerf to the effectiveness of a chanters primary role.
    mmats likes this.
  13. Fian Augur

Confirms my decision to stop playing EQ. Anyway, with the old AA, I had a macro that first cast the instant cast PBAE tash AA, and then a spell cast of my best PBAE mez spell. That macro is now useless with the new change. This nerf is probably unintentional, but a nerf nonetheless.

On the other hand, it was posted on test server about this, so they knew. But they almost never change things after it reaches test.
    mmats likes this.
  14. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

I see no one has posted about Dreary Deeds. It was changed to "Slowing Helix" and now 'casts the highest rank of Diminishing Helix you have scribed'.

Ooops! On my 105 chanter, who doesn't yet have Diminishing Helix- it casts nothing now. No spell, no spell effect, no icon and no casting message of success or failure. So that much better debuff they intended is now No debuff at all, and my chanter is without his slow that can skip the global cooldown. I don't have another spell slot for a basic slow....
  15. Brohg Augur

Doesn't have to be on your spellbar, you just have to own the spell
  16. mmats Augur

In other news, todays Test update makes no changes to Bite of Tashani, signalling devs have given it the final seal of approval. They have decided enchanters were simply too good at their primary role.

Forum rules prohibit the use of adult language on the off chance there might actually be someone under the age of 35 here. Therefore I will just politely suggest that the dev responsible for this AA consolidation go *make love to* himself.
  17. Eriadoc Elder

All the communication in this thread from the devs probably tells you all you need to know. Bend over. Take it.
    mmats likes this.
  18. mmats Augur

[IMG]
    Cailen likes this.
  19. Balisarius New Member

I quit EQ and took my 4 subs with me.... I wont come back until I get my Runes back... period... end of effin story.
  20. mmats Augur

I am confident that not a single person who has ever played an enchanter was consulted before upgrading (ie downgrading) this AA.

Devs, do the right thing and revert. This is a core ability and you have turned it into a pile of garbage.
    Cailen likes this.