Lockjaw / Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cenren, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Baptiste New Member

I miss you too Jareke ^.^
  2. Bewts Augur

They are (were?) reasonably priced over the holiday with a 40% SC discount....

I don’t know how much cheaper (besides free) that people need to incentivize a transfer as 2500 SC costs $25 ($15 under discount) and being a gold member it costs like 2250 SC ago transfer... it was/is like $13 per character.... outside of free I cannot imagine it will be cheaper than that until EQ anniversary season?
  3. Nuggziee New Member

True, but the rest of us didn't have time to make that call for an entire guild before the sale was over. A similar marketplace sale would be fine. I think it sucks that FI had to pay to move and will probably end up being the case for the rest of us but some sort of answer from ANYONE at DBG would be nice to hear before we decide to pull the trigger and execute it.
  4. Silinius Augur

Yeah, I hear ya Nuggziee. It felt really rushed for us and we made the call and then executed the transfer 10 days later. We actually made the call before the New Year Sale was announced so we were fully expecting to pay $25 per character. Just so happened that the day before we finalized it, the sale started (we had no heads up and a lot of us bought the character transfer tokens prior to the sale).
  5. Eldrian Augur

Coming soon(ish) Lockjaw population +1
  6. Silinius Augur

Bumping this thread to keep it current. No word yet from Dev/Designers on if this is even being looked into. As I said, too late for Faceless but would really like to see free transfers opened up for the Lockjaw folks to come over to Ragefire and join the party.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Spam - communication without meaningful content that does not add to the conversation. Some examples are: +1, first, bump, /agree, etc.
  8. Silinius Augur

Did the title of this thread have your server in it? No? Ok cool just making sure because by your definition, your post is spam... just wanted to make sure before I report it as a spam troll post that isn't on topic.
  9. taliefer Augur

I dont feel like people expressing disappointment at the lack of communication on this issue is spam. sounds like useful feedback from the playerbase to me.

really even just "no plans at this time" from a DBG employee does mean something. not all feedback needs to be giving players what they want.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  10. Gremin Augur

^
    jeskola likes this.
  11. Hdizzle Augur

They won't address this. I don't think its a crazy notion they have a new server planned for the 20th anny. To drive demand for a new server, the smart move would be not addressing existing issues on old servers. They know the expectation for a new server exists, but they can't tell us. They won't address a server merge because they can't reveal a new server dropping. An announcement this far away from a march launch would destroy the current new TLPs.

The most logical action for players on LJ/RF at this point, is to manually move over. If any dev's want to prove me wrong, I find being right most of the time boring a lot of the time :)
    andross77 likes this.
  12. Pyro New Member

It's never "the smart move" to ignore your customer base.
  13. Hicks New Member

It’s not too much to ask for a response, one way or the other.
  14. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

If they bend to the will of these few complainers, then they should change Ragefire into a Tru-Box server along any free relocations or any potential server merger.
  15. Polekn Augur

Everyone playing on TLP gets 500 "free" SC each month, so if you played 5 months you should be able to transfer for "free", right? I realize that you would need 4 more months of "free" SC to transfer alts on the same account, but do many people care about same account alts much?
    Dythan likes this.
  16. Pyro New Member

There probably aren't more than 200 active players left on the server. Having 10-15% come to the forums to post about their displeasure seems to be pretty significant.
    jeskola likes this.
  17. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

I would like to see them offer free transfers from Ragefire to Lockjaw in order to help with the population of Lockjaw as well as give those on Ragefire a chance to escape, fee free, the incoming boxer/botters/3rdParty software users that have recently shown up.
  18. Bewts Augur

You do when you make TS alts. I left behind the following:
    65 Ranger x2 used for foraging
    60 Wizard x2
    60 Enchanter used to make mana and tinker
    60 Shaman used for Alchemy
    60 Druid also used for foraging
    60 SK RIP
    50 Paladin RIP

Honestly would have only been interested in moving the enchanter and shaman as I have marginal uses for them.
  19. jeskola pheerie

If DBG continues to ignore this issue, it is a pretty big middle finger to a lot of dedicated Everquest fans.
  20. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

Not sure why you keep coming back to post that DBG is ignoring an issue that you are helping to create and perpetuate.

Why wouldn't you use the solutions already in place and already guaranteed by DBG?

A: Purchase the per character transfer tokens to the server you are requesting(where applicable), or
    B: Re-roll on the server of your choice.

If DBG caves in to your issue, veiled demand, it is a pretty big middle finger to a lot of dedicated Everquest fans. (who have paid for server transfers in the past, and those who might in the future.)
    Dythan likes this.