lifetime subs and Vet AA Question?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Jan 3, 2019.

1. flash000 Augur

Would it be possible to consider giving all vet aa to lifetime subscribers?
  2. So Happy Augur

I think Lifetime Subscribers are already earning them just like everyone else. Don't see why that should change. They should have given x-pac discounts with the sub.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Possible? Sure, it would be possible.

;)
  4. svann Augur

I think that would be fair, but Its been asked before and never answered so good luck.
  5. AnzoRagespirit Augur

This goes back to the same as the people that pay / paid for multiple years at once, asking for the vet rewards for the years they paid for. The answer was a big fat NO the reasoning behind it? Because.
  6. flash000 Augur

if your lifetime subed it seems stingy not to give the account all the Vet AA's
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

Vet AA's are for game veterans. The military doesn't give VA home loans to people who sign up for their first hitch. That doesn't mean their should not have been extras with the lifetime sub; it just means they should not be veteran rewards.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

IIRC, veteran rewards used to be based on paid time vs played time. The reason it changed to played time, if I am not mistaken, is people were subbing for a year then cancelling the sub, but the veteran reward time stayed the same as if it were not cancelled.
  9. Angahran Augur

Why ?
  10. smash Augur

You earn those by having subscribed for years, that is how it works and shall continue to be.
  11. Nniki Augur

It was changed on March 16th, 2012 with the launch of free-to-play.

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-524220
    Pirlo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

EQ2 gives time in grade for purchasing an expansion, so there is some precedent for some kind of bonus.

Switching Chaotic Jester (3rd year) and Throne of Heroes (8th year) would be helpful as well.

More importantly for Daybreak Games Company is making sure that all veteran rewards in all games be granted based on the starting date of the account from ANY of the All Access games. This would reward customers in all All Access games for All Access loyalty and help create more gamers that play multiple titles. All Access is said to include "premium benefits in all participating DGC games" and "all of the perks" in ALL of the games, but this perk is not included.

This is especially important to lifetime sub members because they may have the lifetime account on a different account then any veteran rewards account on another All Access game. How much more loyalty does a player have to show after placing a bet for a lifetime subscription?
  13. Ceffener Augur

I can say that I have been getting time counted towards my EQ/EQII vet rewards since my DCUO lifetime went All Access 4-5 years ago whenever it was.
  14. Bobokin Augur

You logged in to EQ and EQ2 back then, correct?
  15. Quill Augur

They should have done what they did with Guides, and simply given us like 30 years of credit. Basically accomplish the same thing as giving the Vet AA.
  16. Ceffener Augur

I had accounts from EQ1 and EQ2 that were older, but didn't log on until years later and the time from the day of all access on seems to have counted correctly. Now if it was a game you never logged onto in life? Not sure.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My account is almost 19 years and I wouldn't even be the least bit upset if someone lifetime sub'd and received all Vet rewards. Thank you for supporting the game. :)
    Pirlo, Brohg and Tatanka like this.
  18. flash000 Augur

any devs willing to comment please ?

Would like to know if any consideration can be given to give lifetime subs access to all Vet AA's?
  19. Aurastrider Augur

I am on the fence here and only because this might have changed what account I decided to go life time on. My main account which I did the lifetime sub on already has all of the vet AA's unlocked. I probably would have done a different account if they had announced this as a feature with the membership. On the flip side the world is bigger than me. Player retention and satisfaction are more important in the grand scheme of things than my own personal likes or dislikes about this idea. So if it keeps people coming back day after day and year after year and they continue to support the game so all of us can play I cant argue against this idea. I think if they did do this they should make another vet reward for accounts that are already maxed but not grant it to the life time peeps unless they have actual account status to do so. This way everyone wins.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Ceffener Augur

Just give 3 years of credit because that’s the dollar equivalent of how much time you bought (and when you pay for a year don’t you earn the year at payment, not at renewal?? I forget) but because you did pay $ wise equivalent of 3 years I can’t (sure someone will) realistically see why someone would complain about giving that out.