Lockjaw / Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cenren, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Baptiste New Member

I really don't enjoy these servers until PoP+ but all the crap I give to Gremin and them aside I'm for them opening transfers/merging up how ever they want to do it if it keeps things going. There's plenty of people I do like left over there ^.^ There's five more expansions for me to whine my way through before ragequitting~
    Gesiah of Bertox likes this.
  2. Naiad New Member

I would support a server merge. I think it's really needed.

Thanks
  3. Nuggziee New Member

The biggest thing to remember is the guilds on LJ were there out of necessity in order to play that round of TLPs. DBG greatly underestimated the desire to play a fresh TLP (shocker) and after a day and a half of people not being able to log in due to the server being full they fired up a second server. I'm sure a lot of us had the feeling the day would come to where the population would start to dwindle on LJ but at the time there really wasn't another option. All we are asking is that DBG make it right in some form or fashion.

Kudos to FI for paying to transfer 150'ish toons, unfortunately that isn't in the cards for all of us. Now that they have moved to RF we lost roughly 1/3 of the "people" on the server. Unfortunately that leaves us in a tough spot which is why you are now seeing us post on the issue (again). DHS can beat content, we always do, and typically not that far behind FI so that's not the main issue. Playing on a server where you are really the only ones there takes a lot of the fun out of it.
  4. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

All for a merger, LJ is very low population and will just get worse.
  5. Gesiah Elder

^This 1000%.

I have NO DOUBT in DHS's ability to beat content. As long as we have warm bodies and effective leadership we can and will continue to beat content. It is a huge morale dampener to have 1/3 (or more) of your population suddenly leave. Our server economy was already in the dumps before the X-fer. The sense of community is dwindling, the economy is nearly dead. Those are the things that keep people playing Everquest. What good is beating content if no one can afford to make the gear? Cultural Gear (A4's are both expensive and time consuming to make) and later on down the road Power Sources...not to mention armor sets from future expansions. The server will get to a point where we may be able to beat content and obtain the base armor pieces, but will not be able to afford the combines unless you do a massive grind for crap to sell to vendor. That sounds like no fun for anyone, if anyone is even left at that point.
    Gremin and Nuggziee like this.
  6. Joanne New Member

Merge Lockjaw and Ragefire or open up free transfers. It will make Daybreak more money in the long run and result in a higher level of customer satisfaction.
  7. Pyro New Member

Would be nice to hear what Daybreak has to say about the issue.
  8. Bolten_DA Augur

After the 20th call, take the hint! Shes not interested in what you have to say! I feel like there should be a generic no response if a topic is 5 pages or more inquiring about an answer. That is hardly the case for whatever reason.
  9. Gremin Augur

They are just barely getting into the office after two weeks off.
  10. sieger Augur

So far I think most of us in Faceless are liking our new home on Ragefire, still settling in but it's nice to see how comparatively vibrant the population is versus Lockjaw. As someone who was part of the Lockjaw launch back in '15, there's a bit of sadness that it's come to this, especially because I think some different steps on Daybreaks part (like giving us AoCs when they came up with the idea, instead of draining away all our players to Phinny) could have preserved LJ as a long term healthy server.

I would say for the guilds left stranded on Lockjaw, if raising funds to pay for your own xfer just isn't an option, you guys could just stop using the free monthly 500 dbc for 5 months and save them, that way everyone will have at least the 2250 it costs, and then transfer after that waiting period. That'll just be a bit into PoR (and the barrier is already weakened for it on LJ) so the transition would still be seamless at that point.
  11. Daklar New Member

I play on Lockjaw with 4 other real life brothers. This is our way of keeping in touch with one another now that we are all grown up and have kids, etc... We love DHS and will stick with them as long as they will put up with our shenanigans. I love this suggestion of saving up DB points and am going to advise my brothers to bank these points to be ready to transfer if Daybreak will not take the reigns. It would be exciting to see what Ragefire could become if the rest of Lockjaw were able to transfer over.
  12. yukan Augur

With Faceless coming over to Ragefire, it basically doomed the fate of Lockjaw. Allowing more reasonably priced server transfers would be the decent thing to do at this point. Is there any comment from the dev stance at this point regarding the issue? Because holding out with no answer and or ignoring the problem will most likely lead to account revenue loss on your end if that's the answer. Would love to see a response to at least know it's being looked into.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I wouldn't hold your breath. But if a dev does want to reply, they can copy and paste.
    There are currently no plans to ever merge any servers or offer free transfers at this time. Players are free to use the means currently available to move servers, within the guidelines set out.
  14. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

Funny thing about addictions....the pusher normally knows their customer better than the customer knows himself. Go ahead and try to quit over this......
    [IMG]
  15. Beggly Augur

Not true, both servers are not box servers only. I don't box and I play on them.
  16. Gremin Augur

I used to box, got tired of it. So I just play Gremin now days.
  17. Jareke Journeyman

I, as well as other guild members, rerolled and came over to Lockjaw from Agnarr. We were looking to see content past PoP. From what I could tell, Ragefire and Lockjaw populations were roughly the same at the time (this was about 6 months ago). From as far as I could tell after spending a few days on each server and checking out Bazaar prices, I could find no real reason to pick one or the other. One guild member had a few twinked characters on Lockjaw and had a few friends and that was enough for me to tip the balance to choosing Lockjaw.

I can't speak to what Ragefire and Lockjaw looked like at inception up through when other TLPs came out. What I can speak to is most of the gripes I've heard about Lockjaw on these servers have come from people who haven't played on the servers in a year(s).

I'm sure the community on Ragefire and Lockjaw was far more toxic at the start. Having played on Agnarr at the start, I witnessed the very same gripes Ragefire and Lockjaw get. Once Coirnav opened up, the majority of Agnarr's toxic players moved on.

What's left on Lockjaw is one giant family, whether we acknowledge it or not. We all chat in general as if we were one guild. We congratulate and root for each other. We crowd source for help. It's honestly been one of the most encouraging things I've seen out of the game.

People have this stereotype that Lockjaw and Ragefire are just a few actual people boxing massive armies. While I won't deny there is a boxing presence on both servers, it is no where near as toxic or detrimental as people are painting. The most helpful and altruistic friend I've made on Lockjaw boxes a significant amount of accounts in his free time. So what? There are a few box crowds that hang out in PoK or the guild lobby that I think give this impression that's all there is to the server.

Faceless moving over to Ragefire has created a very clear and very present issue. We've lost a portion of our family. I wouldn't just like to see a response from the devs as to whether or not they are looking into a merge or character transfers, but also a rationale behind NOT doing either of the aforementioned options. If they don't respond or say no, will I suspend my accounts in protest? Of course not. But I will say it would be very telling of the company's morals as well as disheartening to see if they choose to not address a thread that is over 5 pages long filled with independent people coming forward sharing what they would like to see happen for the health of their homes (server).

This is the first thread I've seen in the TLP section of the forums this long that isn't about guilds fighting each other and grieving over the latest open world kill, outlash to a nerf in a patch, or a wish list of an unconfirmed TLP. If this isn't what the forums were created for -- civil conversation about the betterment of the server/game -- I don't know why Daybreak maintains them.
    Gremin likes this.
  18. Kaydan New Member

Wait wait wait...with Faceless leaving, does this mean I have the biggest box army? Go me! These are big shoes to fill.

Sil...where is my key?
  19. Grebyr Lorekeeper

Please make free transfers available from LJ to Ragefire. It would create a viable, healthy server population.

Do SOMETHING for these servers since you have basically kicked them to the curb with your bright and shiny other TLPs.
  20. Amethystia Daughter of Innoruuk, Champion of the Master Race

"Reasonably Priced Server Transfers" sounds like a great solution to a potentially failed merge.