Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tinkeringmule, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Tinkeringmule New Member

So my Necro turned 48 and I thought I'd hit up Hate for the only pet enhancement item available to Necros sub-59 (i.e. will focus a Necro pet L48 - 60). I read it was rare, but I've been successful with rare items before and thought "how hard can it be?"

Fast forward 7 days. 6 - 12 hours per day killing the ashenbone drake PH's and getting the occasional ashenbone broodmaster. Innumerable Wand of Souls drops, many SEoC's, the occassional Eye of Innoruuk - but no book to be found. I will admit that after 2 days I'd simply thought to give up, then 3 days.. then.. well.. it has become an obsession. While here in Hate I have been hitting up the eerie chest PH from time-to-time (like 6 - 10 times a day) and have gotten the Shield of the Immaculate - I've camped it in the past and have prolly gotten a half dozen or so over time. The Shield is listed on Alla's as "Ultra Rare", the book as "Rare". Pretty sure these need to be swapped.

Considering that this is pretty much the ONLY item a Necro can hope to obtain for pet focus over a span of a dozen or so levels wouldn't it make a bit more sense to improve the drop rate a little? A WEEK of hunting with nothing to show for it is quite disheartening.
  2. Grove Augur

3. Tinkeringmule New Member

Ashenbone Broodmaster (caps) only apparently exists in the Plane of Hate (revisited) & according to Alla's is L109 and drops L75 gear (has 3 main drops on it's loot list) - I've wiped PoH_b of drakes many, many times and there has never been a (caps) version spawn. There is a single spawn point for the "an ashenbone broodmaster" (L55) in _b that has dropped everything in it's Magelo loot list except of course for the book - at this point I've probably killed it 50+ times - I lost count.

With the various revamps I believe this MOB and/or this drop has been almost forgotten about - i.e. perhaps the intention had been to have the Ashenbone Broodmaster (L56) be the common source for the book, but the MOB got lost in the shuffle. Look up Ashenrazor for the (caps) version.

So essentially they may have put in a MOB (caps version) to alleviate the bottleneck, but then lost it in the various PoH changes and now we're left with an exceedingly ultra rare drop from 1 MOB.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

"an ashenbone broodmaster" Kill him every time he emerges.
    You repeat it for about three months.
    Once you kill that extra you will finally get it. maybe...

I do not recommend doing it if you do not find value in classical things.
    But I have two books of "Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia".
  5. Tinkeringmule New Member

Aye - it's really annoying that they increased the drop rate of the item with the addition of the L56 Ashenbone Broodmaster with its 41% DR (according to Magelo) and then only to revamp Hate yet again and lose the MOB completely. Is there a 'Suggestion Box' where I can point out this oversight to Devs? Do the Devs read this forum?
  6. Cloudia Augur

Not helping on book, but starting at lvl 55 you could get Drowned Mans Hair for Minion of Darkness from the Hags(Mina the Miserable) in Barren Coast.
  7. Tinkeringmule New Member

He has an Enchanted Harpy Blade in his bag - works from L53 ... but as noted this is now an obsession... to add insult to injury I've just sat through 30.. count'em THIRTY PH's. Something is seriously wrong here.
  8. Tinkeringmule New Member

It finally dropped! Took about 12 days of killing every PH / rare during every available waking hour. Too exceedingly rare - c'mon Devs - break out the tweaker....
  9. Funnything Journeyman

great now try camping the shield of the immaculate!
  10. Hadesborne Augur

He alsready stated that he camped the shield during that time and got one. The fact that the book is more rare seems a bit off.
    Funnything likes this.