Heroic option question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Stryyf, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Stryyf New Member

I wasn't able to recover an old account I had (I'm guessing when I quite, I gave it to my guild or something)
    I am debating on going the Heroic option and paying to subscribe, I figure it has been so long since I played it won't matter that much what class I pick as I will have to relearn everything anyway.

In the past I played SK, and Wizard in raiding guilds. I always wanted to play a bard for all the utility they bring, but back then I didn't have the time for leveling up alts. Is is doable to start up a heroic bard and solo/molo up to a point that I can learn enough to be useful to teams, raids? I have been reading here and there and it seems that Bards are still a great class for groups and raids, but they are not good for single box play. It also seems that most bards still use older gear for all the "clickys" Is that more or less a requirment?
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I cannot get into the solo/molo aspects of Bards, but they are in fact still very desirable in groups and raids. This assumes that you do in fact learn the class well. I suggest starting yourself a bard now, and run it though the Tutorial just to refresh yourself on the basics of the game overall while also learning the very bare basics of the Bard class. Then after you finish that upgrade that character to Heroic.

Practically none of the old clickies are requirements, but certain ones are helpful or nice to have. The only one that might have use in the modern game might be the 2.0/1.5, but that varies by class and I am not sure how the Bard 2.0 clicky has aged.

Going back to your opening comment, when you say you were not able to recover your old account, do you mean that you could not get logged into it because of not knowing the password or that you could not supply Daybreak with the information they needed to verify you rightfully owned the account originally? If you haven't tried contacted Daybreak about it, then I would do that. A silver membership is far and away better than a base F2P membership, so it is worth the hassle unless you plan to subscribe to the All Access regardless.
  3. Stryyf New Member

I wasn't able to give Daybreak what they wanted. I was able to log in but none of the Chars were there, It is strange, I created a new char to play the tutorial. when I did /played and it showed 7 years. so I managed to get some part of the account but not the toons. It is odd, I will try out the tutorial on the new Bard and give it a go.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why not play free for a while? Your going to need to relearn quite a bit anyway and jumping right into a heroic doesn't mean you'll have all the skills right off the bat - but then again there is a sale going on now so would be cheap if those are included.

If you do make a heroic keep in mind if you don't like him then strip him of the plat and bags and you can make a new one free - you just won't get all the goodies like you did on the first one.
  5. code-zero Augur

If there's a require piece of gear for Bard's it's their Epic 2.0. That combined with their highest Aria and Fierce Eye is the tripod that they'll mount they're ADPS abilities on
  6. Stryyf New Member

Nice! Thanks. ( the next free heroic tip) Do you get all the armor and stuff just not the plat?

I know back in the old days I considered Bards the hardest to play, I'm not sure that would still be the same, they just seemed like a class that would always be welcomed in groups and raids,
  7. Stryyf New Member

An epic being required would make things a huge pain, Seems like the Bard epic might be hard to pull off solo. I don't know how easy it would be to get people to help with that kind of content.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

In all likelihood, someone hacked or had your info and moved the toons to FV to strip them down and sell the gear; they might still exist on that server, but wouldn't be able to moved off so kind of a dead end. At least you still have the account itself, so you can make use of the Vet rewards and Silver membership if need be.
    I am guessing that he was looking at that sale when he posted this.

To clarify, the things that you won't get are the Plat and Bayle Marks (1 Bayle Mark pays for 1 pay period for a merc) as well as any other items you got independent of the HC option; so you need to remember to move those to your shared bank slots before you delete the character.
  9. code-zero Augur

Bard Epic is so good that you very likely would have little problem getting help when you need it. OTOH once you are high enough in level you'd be amazed at what you can solo. I got my wizards 1.5 and 2.0 with a little help at first but at level 100 finishing everything including the raid portions solo.
    Stryyf likes this.
  10. Stryyf New Member

Thanks Xianzu !

Seems like the best option is to play a while for free and get the basics down and then try Heroic, if the class doesn't work out strip the Heroic toon of the Plat and Bayle Marks, and try a different class.

That should be cool, I guess if nothing else I can roll up a necro and just enjoy the solo life.
  11. Buri Augur

It is pretty much a must-have item. At 110 though, the only help you'd need is more bodies to request an Anguish raid (6 total). Don't forget about the 1.5 pre-quest, it will save a lot of time. The 2.0 is probably one of the easiest, it mostly involves camping for 3 rare bazu drops and the Anguish orb.
    code-zero and Stryyf like this.