How do you dye armor?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rumpled, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Rumpled New Member

Yes, I did google this, but all the replies were like over 10 years old, and I'm not sure they're relevant to 2018.

So, just to check, these days, how do you dye armor please?

Thanks
  2. Outlander Engine Elder

You buy the dye in the bazaar (or make it).
    You need one vial of dye per armor slot.

You should have a DYE button on your main inventory window. You'll get a window with two vertical columns, labeled with each armor slot. Item tint is the current color. Armor dye is the color you are about to set.

If you click on the armor dye color, you'll get a palette window. Adjust the sliders to get the color you want, and you'll preview it on your character at the same time.
    There are 7 armor slots and one row labeled "current brush".
    The "current brush" color is always in the upper left corner of the palette. Makes it easier to set all the slots the same color.

You don't consume armor dye vials until you hit the "Save Dye" button.

There's also a "?" so you can read the help files.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You cannot dye slot 21 hero's forge armor.

Most people regret dying their armor since you cannot really reset it to original but you can redye it to 255/255/255 which takes out what you put in but there is no way to ever remove dye completely, and you'll never be able to get a few colors back (some of the silver white pieces). It actually dyes the slot not the armor.

I am not sure that it is only one dye per slot. As you adjust your slider for colors it will tell you how many dyes you need to make that color. People usually buy 20-40 dyes from my trader in baz.