Necro Duo

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corrick, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Corrick New Member

I am sure this has been asked. Whats the best tank to go with a necro?
    Or would another necro be good?
  2. Zamiam Augur

SK , war, or mage pet .. either 3 will work fine .. could even go with Bst to make things interesting .. but if you want to be able to tank anything id go with SK .. war can do also but SK just has more options
  3. Outlander Engine Elder

I have experience with the following.

Necro + Mage.
    Mage adds pet toys, coth for fast FD pulling, a better pet tank. Combined with a healer merc, my necro + mage duo was a lot more fun than the enchanter + mage. You give up tanking ability, but with necro pulling, cc, and smart work I didn't have too many problems. Named will be a challenge.

Paladin + Necro
    You'll end up boxing the necro and babysitting the keys on the paladin until you get a good understanding of how the paladin works. The two have a lot of synergy. I ran this duo for a while in Dragon's of Norrath. You won't kill living things fast, because DoT's + Paladin dps isn't the fastest thing in the world, but they did stack nicely.

There's a paladin+necro combo posting around. TookSummit. Probably will chime in.

Try a few out. Figure out what you enjoy.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Everything is Undead with a Necro, even my cleric enjoys some pretty respectable parses when I box :D
  5. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Fwiw, I'd go with another Necro, personal alliance rotation, 2 pets, 2 Necros procing RB and 2 cleric Mercs should be able to slaiughter most anything regardless of gear
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  6. took2summit11 Augur

Yep! I play Pal/Nec. Am pretty happy with it. My pal can out tank higher geared SKs with ease..but I am sure there are SKs out there that can out tank higher geared pals with ease. The truth is I don't have any experience playing any other classes so cant really say much. I just know when I bring my pal/nec to howling stones and invite other people...the mobs don't die that much quicker the more people I add...pal/nec absolutely destroy HS. I am also happy with them in TBL which has no undeads. That being said, I would definitely go with a real tank to augment your nec..war sk or pal would all do fine. You'll see these boards chalk full of people talking about how much work tanks take..its flat out not true. My pal has tanked nearly all of TBL now wearing only group gear, 17k AAs (very little for level 110) and still wearing a ton of heroic augs. I think the vast majority of people that say tanks take a lot of work are people that just want to turn auto attack on and have their character survive against 3+ yellow con mobs.
  7. Dibab Augur

This. 1000 times this. I ran pally necro when i still played and boxed more than my share of things all throughout