Palace of Embers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mizar, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Mizar Lorekeeper

Is the task wrorking properly ?, we have had 3 different groups on spiders and suits for two days in different times, accounting 12+ hours and Flame Consuming Hand has never ever spawned (track on) in the whole zone. We that' smore than 100 mob kills of each type, it can't be that by design nor a a bad rng roll
  2. svann Augur

IIUC it can get bugged if someone in group had task, dropped and regot it, but still has the item she gives you from the first time. IDK if thats true but I was having issue getting the name to pop and then after I dropped, destroyed item and regot task we got the name within about 20 min.
    Zenyan likes this.
  3. Nniki Augur

Assuming you're checking track? Seen people trying to spawn it a few times but never checked to see if it was already up.
  4. Zenyan Journeyman

Have had good luck killing the the suits at the two towers nearest Aalishai zone in.

Svanns advice to drop, destroy and reget may help too.
  5. Aafa New Member

Pretty buggy quest if you ask me.

We killed armors for about 2 hours, then went to birds for about the same, then spiders. Parse said we killed over 200 spiders. After talking to a few people in the guild and on the server who also had issues the suggestion was to drop the quest and start over. No biggie, I had not had an update in hours so sure.

After all, 5 of us dropped the quest and requested it again the quest mob spawned after one spider. Nice of them to likely have counted the previous 200. Great, lets head to Palace of Embers and try this again. Killed armors again for about an hour and the NPC we needed to be spawned, seemed we were back on track to wrap this up. We beat him down and hailed him and everyone got their piece. One of us had to go emergency AFK and it took a bit longer than expected. Remind you there is no time trial here on this quest. By the time everyone was back the NPC had despawned. Stuck. Drop, reget.

Granted we do not know what happened with the first NPC, in Ash we just never seen it spawn and we took too long in Embers to beat him down though we did get the item from the hail so we are unable to spawn him again without dropping the quest and doing it a third time.

After reading these comments and petitioning to ask them if the quest is hosed I do not know if I need to drop and reget, destroy the items, not destroy them. Who knows.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Never had a problem with this quest (done it at least 3 times), killed the armors at 5 towers, 6th tower he poped. Not sure if the 6th tower was always the same one. Not sure if all mobs count towards the disruption, but the Hand when he pops does mention killing his soldiers.
  7. Mizar Lorekeeper

after 8 hours it spawned half the zone away where I was killing the armors, .. went to Aalishai, killed about 20 water elementas until they were replaced with trilous, then about 8 trilouns until Consuming Sound spawned, barely managed to get it to 10% with half group alive, we rezzed, continued the fight, wiped at 60% and while we rezzed again he poofed.

Assuming we have to start it ALL over ? As everybody is now on step 3 (final kill), and noone is at step 2 anymore (which I assume is needed on at least one people to make him spawn and/or activate him to fight. ?
  8. Thrinity Journeyman

Same happened to my group. Boss depoped and respawned but cannot talk to him nor attack him. This sucks, had a really hard time bringing him to 10% =(
  9. svann Augur

Having track up is definitely a good idea since if someone else spawns him you CAN use their name.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

And screw their group
  11. svann Augur

I dont think so. We found a name up with no group anywhere close. It was standing not pathing. Im sure they finished with it and left it. You dont kill it on that step, and it does hang around after you finish your hails.
  12. Rashod Lorekeeper

So the best advice is destroy the thing, drop re-get, kill a few rinse and repeat? We tried to do this the other night killing the armor guys for a couple hours. I went out there again today after destroying dropping and re-getting and killed stuff for another 4 no dice.

Is it just that buggy? Should we try dropping repeatedly and killing a few before destroying and dropping again?
  13. svann Augur

No I wasnt saying to do that as general advice. But if you ever dropped the quest and restarted, and if you didnt destroy that item then it is (could be) bugged. If you did that then drop it again and this time destroy the item before you reget it.
  14. Jackr New Member

Minis in this event needs to be tuned down at least 30-40% if you expect group geared toons to beat this event. In fact, the entire expansion needs to be tuned down that much. I have wasted days trying to beat this event and some trials in Smoke for that matter, and it's enough to make people quit this game.
  15. Rashod Lorekeeper

Well, we dropped it and got it again. Still don't think it was working exactly right, but found the guy standing on the bridge not moving. So we were able to get past this part. The second part seemed to work as intended.

Glad this one is done.