ETA on Servers back up??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mizen Baenre, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Moldar Augur

The funny part is there are several instances where they did turn the servers off at 4 or 5 AM in the morning on pacific time, and it still was down until 5-8 PM for seemingly simple patches of only a few (generalized) hours.

The fact is problems can and often do come up which extends the downtime when this game get patched. Doesn't matter when they start the patch, it generally almost always for the solid past few years runs overboard by a few to several hours.

Pretty sure I can count on 1 hand still in the last 2 years they were on-time with a patch. Patience -- while you're waiting for the servers to come up go and spend time with family, or catch up on those chores around the house that are always there to do...

And (not saying this will works for all you folks), but when I read there is a patch I do not even click the link for details, rather my mind fills in the blank/unknown with "down all day" because of the past track record.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They posted it would be approximatly 4 hours of downtime, they didn't say they would be in in 4 hours!

And yes they are under staffed and have been asking for 2 extra members of staff for the last couple of years! EQ have some fantastic staff they just need more support and our patience.
  3. TestPlayer New Member

Coudln't agree more. They need to fire skill-less figurehead PR people like Roxxly and hire people who passed CS 310 in college. The current team, I'm not so sure.
  4. Pheny New Member

For what it is worth, I dropped craft beer off at the front door of SoE during the maintenance window for the launch of EverquestNext. Seemed to help.

Anyone in San Diego that can make a beer run for the devs?
  5. Ellron00 Journeyman

ETA for patch finish gonna be 2019 :eek:
  6. Nolrog Augur

Soon (tm)
  7. Rarthin New Member

Ahh you are right I did. I did say software development, I should have seperated software development from game development.

That is on me.

As a side note a few of my buddies from school went the game development route, they describe a nightmare compared to those of us that went to various other software types or network techs etc
  8. Moak The Most High

I keep reading forums thinking someone may actually post something useful- like who to hail on the stratos task about politics. That would be at least something useful while we wait. While I refuse to be another "I'm gonna quit guy", this is starting to be ridiculous
  9. Vdidar Augur

Surprise surprise. No idea when it comes up.
  10. That0neguy Augur

I'd agree game dev is a much different beast. But many of those development shops have moved towards agile and devops as well. Take another large MMO out there. Very rarely do they actually need to bring things down to patch anymore and when they do they can roll it out to everything in under 60mins.
  11. sapientCrow New Member

Server not even up yet and new downtime for tomorrow at 630am haha
  12. Khat_Nip Meow

No. Look at the date.
  13. Febb Augur

They need to revoke your forum access. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.
  14. Pheny New Member

15. Rarthin New Member

Very true, they sure have learned efficiency off the backs of the older generation games.
    Though in most games I do expect bugs still, but that wasn't your point, making a patch and deploying it are two different animals.
  16. Kahless New Member

17. Time Burn Augur

18. Pheny New Member

Given this from the Patch Notes:

*** Miscellaneous ***
    - Many zones in The Burning Lands, Seeds of Destruction, Underfoot, and House of Thule now have load balancing enabled.

...and the update that the delay is hardware related, this could well be the source of the problem...
  19. Moak The Most High

ok they just figured this out 13 minutes ago? WTF
  20. Gribble Nobblegobber New Member