Old player from 1999 Stupified

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lady Death, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Lady Death New Member

Ok we got the All access on each of our accounts. we each (Husband and I ) already had a 85 character, and lower level toons.. Now My Issue is as follows. If there is no need to group up to level 85, you make NO FRIENDS along the way. and A empty Guild, Battle and Blood, It's Just us and alts, and when you need better gear, it seems the only way to get this is a 54 person RAID, and most of the ppl on The Rathe-Prexus are level 101 or better.
    The only zones with actual ppl in them are POK and Guild Lobby.. all the zones we grew up with are DEAD. empty and sad.
    So how do we get raid gear? The whole system of xp and gear is lopsided from what I see and pray I am seeing it wrong.
    Lady Death
  2. Morturia New Member

Level up and join a raiding guild. What levels are you currently? I agree that the initial grind can be taxing, especially for returning players, there are daily quests you can get in PoK and exp potions. Currently there is a task line available in The Great Divide that you should be able to complete and get 5 30 min exp pots.
  3. Thugrok New Member

Well since just about anyone does the heroic level up now adays the below 85 population is pretty non existent. You dont get raid gear unless you join a raiding guild, that much has not changed since 1999, but you should be happy to know that the gap between raid gear and group gear/tradeskill gear is less than it was in the past. .
  4. Coffee Jitters New Member

You don't need raid gear to progress your toons. Group gear will be more than adequate. I'd suggest going to House Of Thule expac. Plenty of quests and named to gear you and your spouse. Just keep moving up the progression through the expacs and you'll get all you need. Once you catch up in level and AA to a more populated range, you will find folks to raid with.
  5. So Happy Augur

I think you are correct about xp and gear. If you want raid gear you will have to find a guild that raids or transfer to FV and purchase a bunch of krono so you can buy it.

Alternatively make friends with someone who has max level characters and is interested in helping you farm raids for gear. Maybe join a guild that would welcome new/returning players and help you level up.
  6. Buri Augur

Also, practically no one is raiding anything other than the last 2-3 expansions on non-progression servers, so you definitely want to get to 110 to have any hope of getting raid gear.
  7. Rich_PDX New Member

I have to agree with everyone above. Do the armor quest in PoK, it is a great quest with a good bump in XP and you get a pretty decent item from it bit it also shows you what is the hot zone for your level range if I am correct. You can also follow the expansion quest lines, a lot of them give you amazing rewards as well as open new content in that expansion for you and your husband to experience. Do your Journeyman rank 5 mercenary quest, good XP plus the jump from J1 to J5 is pretty big boost. Slow down and enjoy the content, if you want the fast track then you will need to make friends to PL you or pay another player for it. I wish I had better news for you.
  8. Sonnova New Member

Back in the day, there used to be a feeling of satisfaction when you heard that DING. Nowadays, gear out-levels most of the older zones, making them less enjoyable. The days of sitting on a camp for days on end, grinding xp, are just about over. The introduction of mercenaries took the need for player-played classes out in the early game. Shoot, I remember having to sit for HOURS waiting for a cleric or chanter to LFG so I could grind.
    If you want the raid gear you speak of, join a guild and make the raid happen. Over on the Xegony server, our guild has slowed down to allow us to enjoy some of the older content rather than take the fast-track to level 110, as many do. With that said, most old-school raids can be handled by a single group now-a-days.
  9. Jhaerik Journeyman

Same way 95% of the player base does. Drop real cash on Krono and trade for a PL.
  10. Warzon Elder

You need to be on a progression server or on Firiona Vie. There is zero reason to start playing on an old live server.
  11. Rich_PDX New Member

95% of the player base that does not have there own multibox crew, which is a small portion of players. I have even had tons of players say they do not box and found them in off the path zones with their box team. So sadly that is the case and it is what it is.
  12. Rich_PDX New Member

I laugh when people say to join the FV server. Players flat out admit it in posts that they multibox and make tons of plat and krono and then use it on their real main server. I have a problem with paying for peoples monthly sub or lining their pockets to buy any gear they want. There are a good handful of players who are not there to get something from you but sadly they are the minority.
  13. Warzon Elder

FV has a healthy economy, you can get gear, you can sell the gear you get to drop but don't need. All FV hate is from people who've never played there and don't get it. No Drop ruined the economy, if you don't have an economy you don't have a server.
  14. Warzon Elder

The TLP's have decently sized playerbases, I've lost track of the one that is newest (phinny? is coirnav still a thing? agnarr maybe?), but if I was just coming back, I'd start there. I'm currently playing on Lockjaw, which is about three years old. I wouldn't recommend starting there from scratch, but if you did want to play/raid a couple nights a week, and didn't mind not having much company until level 70, you can find folks there. Kings of Agnarr just started up and is moving through PoP at the moment, think they have PoTime on farm. If you want to jump to the top guild on the server, Lexi is the recruiter for Faceless Insanity. You can PM Methodone or Vank once you get settled if you want a run through lower tier raid content either for nostalgia or to start gearing.

Ragefire server has a healthier population than Lockjaw, more guilds, might start there.

There's options, but everything about the OP post is only fixable on a diff server.
  15. Rich_PDX New Member

So when most items sell for 1-2 krono each, and you are urging returning players to go there, are you trying to make krono off them yourself or do you just want them to pay to win? I have a few level 110s on FV, so yes I know very well. I guess I don't see items being worth 18 bucks plus tax each being a healthy economy. Pretty sure a healthy economy is defined as an economy where anyone from any class or race can enter and participate and be payed fair wages. Also, you can get gear part of that comment, yes if you have max level characters in good gear that you bought and then hope you get a drop that sells okay. The best market on FV is buying krono low and selling them high. I know the top buyers and sellers on FV.

So again, if you want to pay to win FV is your server.
  16. TestPlayer New Member

There are alot of buttons to push now. Activatable AAs, short re-use combat discs (alt+C), etc. Just casting spells and auto attacking is a sure way to get curb-stomped. Dig deep into your toons.
  17. Warzon Elder

You can buy items with platinum as well. And you can buy krono with platinum. On FV, I never spent a krono or bought a krono. I put the gear that I got off drops in the baz, it sold, over time that added up to plat, and I used that plat to buy other gear I wanted. It's not rocket science. Yes, if you want to be instantly fully geared you'd have to do the krono thing, but it isn't required. I imagine doing that would sort of ruin the experience, which is why many of us don't. For someone playing with a built-in partner, you can get thru most of the leveling up process just the two of you, each with a merc, given some skill (which will take time to acquire) and good class selection. Every server has a krono-market-for-gear option, it's just that on FV you don't have to be logged in to take the raidinvite/ into zone/loot the item. Every server has the non pay-to-win option as well, where you put in the time because, presumably, you have the time and enjoy that.

You don't like krono, that's fine. But you don't understand basic economics and certainly don't understand how EQ is staying afloat. If you enjoy the game at all, every revenue stream is a plus at this point. Especially optional ones that you are free to ignore if they bother you.

For the OP Here's some resources to help figure out the game, as it has gotten a little bit complicated.

https://almarsguides.com/
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/ (the expansion guides are pretty solid, especially for the level 85 content)
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers
  18. Rich_PDX New Member

Just stay away from any of the dungeons that yield the most XP, you WILL meet "Subvert", (Or others) this is a fact. They will train the entire zone on top of you to make you leave so they can PL people for Krono. Believe whatever you wish to dream of the economy is or is not. It is your cup of tea, expensive tea but tea all the same. Good luck with your choice of servers. I hope my advice helps!
  19. Hithiquen New Member

you don't need raid gear ever, conflagrant gear is tradeskilled, and the new group and tradeskill gear is better than prev expac raid gear; but as a 1999 player you'd feel much more comfortable on coirnav tlp server than live because so much has changed; that's even more so if you buy heroic char and go straight to 85. below 75 just use defiant, after that can get free CoTF gear from HA vendors, and at 105 can use conflagrant
  20. Rich_PDX New Member

There is also Fear touched armor at level 92, which i felt was pretty nice.