TBL No Trade & Locked

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Zamiam Augur

well it seems DB does not want my money !! from what I've read so far on EQR seems zones are locked behind progression and the group gear seems to be all No Trade .. T1 is non prestige which is the norm .. and T2 is prestige again standard practice , however the new TS armor is also prestige now .. which in past expansions its been non prestige.. also the non vis are No Trade also ..

also going through progression seems very confusing .. maybe its just cause the expansion is not out yet but it seems like there are pre-req tasks just to get into the static zones to even get to the merc/part tasks of each new zone to complete first..

from what ive heard through other channels also this expansion ie missions/tasks are not very boxer friendly .. WTG DB .. ty for saving me even more money this year.. there's always next year ..
    Yimin likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

The progression is only weird because of the Raids being changed from the group side, the group side is a fairly straight path (though it isn't a like go through each zones partisan like in the past), but the Raid side jumps around compared to Group side in what you need to do

The trade skill armor is the best armor this time
  3. Vizier Augur

I wish we could have a separate forum for people who have issues relating to non premium membership. The F2P model doesnt work for anyone interested in playing EQ "seriously". At best its a useful tool for tradebots. an utility toon accnts.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Your comment has almost nothing to do with the OP's comment.

Maybe you need a thread to complain about people who complain about F2P!
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I do not have high expectations for this new expansion. So anything positive moves the bar. There will be new AAs to do. I know that.
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Goodn Augur

It's a pretty expansion...

...that's about the nicest thing I can say for a non-raiding audience (the raids are interesting).

There are no new AA lines, just extensions of existing ones. Almost all the aas come from the Focus tab and the General tab. Most of the new extensions I saw were meh. 2 more ranks of consuming food/drink slower though!

There are no new spell lines...most everyone gets 4 extensions of old spell lines, 2 of which are the dicho (now dissident) lines and the alliance (now covenant) lines. Except for pallies, who get screwed by not gaining the new alliance and new harmonious (unlike SKs). Priests don't get new alliance spells either.

As covered above, you are locked to one real zone and to unlock other zones is linear progression. There have been other expansions that lock zones behind progressions recently, but there has never been so limited play before progression before in an expansion. I don't know what the /pick for Stratos will be, but the first few days will be miserable for non-raiders as Stratos is perhaps the most unfriendly zone to fight in of all (small islands).

Gear inflation is getting ridiculous. 3 tiers of group gear (for a 6 zone expansion) with tradeskill gear being at the top. If you are heavy into tradeskills or gear increases, this is the reason to get the expansion.

Honestly, if I wasn't raiding, I would not have purchased the expansion. Non-level increase expansions should always be open for maximum usage, have new spells and aa lines for interest, and nice places to xp (I'll be honest...there may be good places to xp in TBL...I didn't have time to check them out). It seems like the EQ powers that be think that pretty graphics, hard to navigate terrain and raids are what the EQ paying community want (note, I'm not saying the devs here because I think the decision goes above them).

The sad thing is that we got to see at least the gear rough draft for the anniversary events on Beta. And that gear is a clear step above anything in TBL. Which makes one feel like the expansion is just a 3 month placeholder till the anniversary.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The "locked" nature of things is a sad continuation of some past trends.
    Graves, Pirlo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

ComplainQuest.
    Vizier likes this.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

its going to be very fun. tons of peeps that 1st zone. peeps trying to join groups
    /pickzone is your friend
  10. Tevik Augur

Doesn't sound like they were getting it anyway.
  11. Zamiam Augur

they get plenty of money from me .. between yearly and monthly subs , krono's DBC and expansions for 12 accounts i prolly spend in upwards of over 2k a year on this game maybe more ..
    so I will skip this expansion ive got plenty to keep me busy in past expansions and i'll wait and see what they come up with for next years expansion..
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Vizier Augur

Buahahha good luck sticking to that once all your buddies are having fun in new content. But hey, maybe you are way different than what I am getting from your posts. Good luck to you sir. /salute
  13. Cleaver Augur

To be fair he did add ultra rare items that are a copy of the ROS Raid items. We just dont know if they're no trade or trade able like the EOK/ROS ones since they were added so late and there was no vendor to see them on.
  14. Vizier Augur

It's the same chase rares as last 2 expacs. Nothing to see here, please disperse.
    Pirlo likes this.
  15. Cleaver Augur

no its not. He added ROS Level ultra rare drops on 12/6 they're new items with new names. As he clearly says in the beta forums. They're a direct copy of ROS raid items with new names and lore.
  16. Derd Augur

I added ultra-rare gear on 12/6
    Of course, being ultra-rare... it's unlikely anyone saw it.
    It is an EXACT copy of Ring of Scale drop raid gear, except for the name and lore. They all have "Descending Moon" in their name.
    Adam "Ngreth"
    Gyurika Godofwar and Pirlo like this.
  17. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

So everything beyond the first zone is locked behind progression? I need to know for my YouTube channel when I discuss this.
  18. Cleaver Augur

Pretty much you have to do all the trials to access the next zone I believe.

You start in stratos. You have to do 1 task and the group mission i believe there. Once you do that you can access plane of smoke instance where you have to complete all the trials to zone into the static version of plane of smoke.
  19. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

So much for my TBL zone run-though on day 1. :( Unfortunate.
    Graves and code-zero like this.
  20. Vizier Augur

Is it allowed to discuss beta now? If so I can respond to this.