I would love to see an OoW-locked server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alderan, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Alderan New Member

I am currently playing on Agnarr, which has been great. But being locked at PoP, it feels like epics are generally useless, minus the case for a couple of classes. I think having an OoW-locked server would make epics .

Just a thought.
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

It would literally be the same thing as agnarr. Anguish is way easier then time, MPG trial raids are boring, and tacvi gets boring real fast.
    ForumBoss, Ryak and Punchu like this.
  3. Xeris Augur

Agree on oow lock server
    Crayon123 likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

My opinion: Agnarr was created to appeal to the P99 crowd and some PoP nostalgists. Mission accomplished. They'll never do another locked server again.
  5. Ryak Augur

Spoiler alert: Omens was one of the most over-hyped TLP expansions. It wasn't objectively bad, necessarily, but it had very high expectations and failed hard to meet them.

If you want to base your time lock on epics, pick DoDH, probably.

Although I would like to clarify that i would never consider playing on such a server.
  6. snailish Augur

If you are going to lock it... include DoN. Not that I like that content, but the tradable currency really helps the group level player and alts (bread and butter of locked situations imo).

Agnarr needs to prove locking works first though... as in sustained population at least 6 months from now, to even consider another locked server in my view.

Said as someone that has only been playing on Agnarr lately, and would consider an OoW/DoN or even a TSS locked (with no defiant) server.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

If your going to level 70 might as well toss in the other 3 level 70 expansions too, DoN, DoDH and PoR, that would give you a ton of high end content without really obsoleting things from any of the four expansions.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  8. Warlorf Augur

I wouldn't mind a server that began at Luclin and went from there. Servers lose so many people dragging through the first 3 time after time.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

Need to just start at GoD and with 10 week no vote unlocks, open loot and a hefty exp boost. Should allow for a nice tour of modern EQ before competition arrives.
    Warlorf likes this.
  10. Dailor Augur

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    ForumBoss and Boze like this.
  11. Risiko Augur

If I had designed this from the beginning, the way I would have handled TLP to make sure that the TLP servers are always relevant and never die, I would have handled it this way...

Three TLP servers.

1 - In the beginning...
    • Initially opens with no expansions
    • New expansion opens every 12 weeks
    • No more expansions open after Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • Character transfer to server 2 at level 60 available for $10 per character (1000 DBC)
    2 - The 2nd Age...
    • Initially opens with Gates of Discord
    • No more expansions open after Prophecy of Ro
    • Character transfer to server 3 at level 70 available for $10 per character (1000 DBC)
    3 - The 3rd Age...
    • Initially opens with The Serpent's Spine
    • No more expansions open after Secrets of Faydwer
    • Character transfer to any Live server at level 80 available for $10 per character (1000 DBC)
    This would have kept all 3 TLP servers relevant for the rest of EverQuest's future because it funnels new and returning players through a natural progression of servers that do not invalidate the content as you level up.

Of course, this all being said... this would have been great.... 10 years ago. As of now, I am on Coirnav, and I have no interest in starting over for the 100th time. The only way I would join in on this three server system is if I was given the option to transfer to the 2nd Age server when Coirnav reaches Gates of Discord.
    Warlorf likes this.
  12. Warlorf Augur

Risk's idea is pretty good, I could see guilds being torn apart as time goes on with certain people not wanting to go into certain xpacs, but hell I like this idea.
  13. ForumBoss Augur

To each their own, but phinigel practically felt oow locked since anguish is such an efficient, easy, and eventually boring, loot farm. Sadly it was worth doing through POR, if only for alts by then. We cleared it for what seemed like eternity. I don't want to spend a literal eternity in any expansion, but some do. To me, being stuck anywhere forever is a special form of hell
  14. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Id argue DoN is a better tie in place for that era, since theres the extra bridge content and group stuff to do.

I dont necessarily like expansion-locked servers, but Omens + DoN is a decent lineup of content.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  15. FluttyMan Elder

OoW is one of the boring expac.

I mean it's fun for a few weeks doing epic 2.0 and anguish. But then your realise there is nothing to do in OOW except anguish raids, and they get very boring as opposed to PoP which has loads of content to keep people busy for months
  16. Mashef Augur

Agnarr should have been GoD locked for many of the reasons outlined above. It just provides more 65 content with Time, Tacvi, and good questing with BiC. Would have just been a better mesh to go with the 65 level lock and all 65 content open.

Same would go for level 70 - whatever the last level 70 expansion is just lock it there if you want locked servers.

OoW wasn't particularly a good expansion. 2.0's kept ya busy for 2-4 weeks but that is about it.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Think back to when Agnarr launched and the rules were set up. It was before Phinny or any of the other servers had just reached GoD. Most of the TLP player base was still convinced that GoD would be a horrible expansion, and the devs had only grudgingly reversed their decision to bundle it on Phinny a few months prior. Sure, in hindsight it would have been the better option, and some of us that were extolling the greatness of GoD at the time could have told you it would be a better option... But I suspect quite a lot of the players that ended up playing don Agnarr would not have even given it a try if it were advertised as GoD locked.
  18. Stash McWhalen New Member

Every so often, especially after capping an AA category, I get that too share a little bit of that "man I wish we could do at least Gates" kinda feeling. But, this time around, I've decided to fully roleplay and explore the content and quests, collections, achievements, and basically anything I can find that contributes to my immersive engagment in the POP-locked universe. Man, how I wish I could play this toon in GoD. I reall do share what you're expressing, but I've also used this as an opportunity to put together my own list of progression content goals; we've all seen someone's creative personal bucket lists on here.

I'd like to fill out my keyring as much as possible. Complete every sky quest, max every tradeskill. Max factions throughout the world, collect illusions, clickes, max random skills such as begging or hand to hand on my wiz,lol. Ok, i.m avoiding much more of a list because we've seen them before. But yeah, I share that desire to play Gates, but either that can allow me to look forward to jumping onto corona when it gets to that point, and also keep this toon and this server more of the community of people who are enjoying their favorite content. Agnarr, like any other server's parameters, helps to filter and bring together more like-minded gamers.
    I'll say it one last time,I get that same feeling as you every now and then, but I think this environment will allow us to explore and enjoy the deeper content that requires more of a lore master fan, completionist, roleplayer who wants the cannon to have an ending with what we end with on agnarr.

Cheers. I've been on every tlp since like 2006. And each one has it's totally unique approach to the world.
    Don't let the haters who come here saying "what did you expect when you started on the server"....i get what you're saying.

Cheers
  19. Crayon123 Augur

Level 70 expansion's locked server would be awesome.
  20. Machentoo Augur

No. Having A-Ro for the final boss, forever, would be the worst setup imaginable. Every other expansion in eq history would be a better final stopping point. Even LOY.