On Agnarr - Will be be able to put Gates of Discord up to a vote? (DEVS PLEASE VIEW)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skiidzman, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiidzman New Member

I am curious to see how many of you feel about Gates of Discord. I was talking with my friends who all play here on Agnarr, and it seems a little odd to not release the final level 65 expansion. LDoN released not long ago, and it really doesn't bring much to the table. Most of my guild is either withering away, or deciding to find other games to play and most of them agreed that if EQ devs decided to open Gates of Discord they would all stay and come back full time for some new adventures.

How can we bring this to the EQ devs attention? Of course we all knew that the server initially was going to LDoN, but if the population wants more, and it will bring more cash flow and subscriptions to the game, why not let it happen or put it up to vote?

I hope some of you agree, of course not all will, thats just the nature of Everquest.
  2. Serona Elder

You started on the server knowing full well it was perma-locking in PoP/LDoN ..
  3. Machentoo Augur

of course you won't.

Why did you think there might be even a remote possiblity? DBG and before them SOE have yet to change rules on any TLP server.

GoD would only be a single step. Then people woule want OoW. And DoDh. And, etc. Your best bet is just to reroll on an actual progression server.
    Nessirfiti and snailish like this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

Gates of Discord story is directly connected to Omen of War. If they release one, they really should the release the other. OMM is even referenced in Tunat's death message.

DayBreak has come out and said that Agnarr was marketed with it's currents content lock, and it's staying that way. The server is largely marketed to people who played on EQ when it was the top dog of MMO, and Gates of Discord was a poorly received expansion and marked EQ fall from grace.

It's a shame that it won't be released, that content is great with the changes that have happened and has really good raid content. It sucks that Agnarr isn't going to get a chance to experience Tkarish.
  5. Targin Journeyman

The Devs have said more than once that Agnarr is not going to change, another thread isn't going to change it.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Xeris Augur

not sure why people automatically think that all these things will 'bring more cash flow' vs doing anything else. I doubt if they add GoD to Agnarr it'll provide a huge influx of new subs... the people who are playing on Agnarr know what they were getting into; and the people who want more than LDON are playing on Phinny or Coirnav, or just about anywhere else.

I like where Agnarr is and am still enjoying it. I'd love an OOW-locked server, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to add GoD to Agnarr. If you're bored go play on any number of other servers.
  7. snailish Augur

Change Agnarr this early into the lock you will lose people. People that wanted it to lock (some of whom wanted an earlier lock). Adding eras does not serve the purpose of the server.

As well, EQ has proven before that voting isn't the way to run a game.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Remember when Ragefire was a 6 month unlock and then a 3 month and then a 6th month again?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  9. malaki Augur

Yes changing unlock/vote timers is exactly the same as releasing expansions past where the server was advertised to lock at.
  10. Febb Augur

11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Man you really destroyed that argument i didn't make. Good job sir
  12. Elskidor Augur

Agnaar resident here and pleased with it never unlocking anything else. We all knew what we were getting into and if you're unhappy then move on to another server. If the population dips to the point where it's a dead server then maybe this can be revisited but we're still going strong right now.
  13. Brumans Augur

Agnarr was done as both a server to leave at EQ's highest point, and as a love letter to EQMac.

There's several other TLPs if you wanna roll up there and see later stuff.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

I hear Ragefire is in DoN, as is Lockjaw. Good time to start there if you wanna experience the later stuff.
  15. HappyPanda Augur

From a recent thread around here.

[IMG]
  16. Trizek Augur

The server was/is advertised as PoP. Everyone rolled on Agnarr with full knowledge it will end at Ldon(PoP).

Go play on Coirnav or wait for the new TLP server. Agnarr is not going out of Ldon(PoP).

Honestly be glad they even have Ldon on it. I would have been fine with just PoP
  17. Roxxlyy Augur

Someone quoted me above but short answer, no - Agnarr was always intended to be PoP-locked and will remain as such.
    Boze and snailish like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.