Update on Fall Fun

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gremin, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Gremin Augur

Fall Fun is supposed to change tomorrow or later today? Can we get an update on what to expect?
    Barton likes this.
  2. VandilIzer Augur

Fall is in full swing, which means it's finally time for the first round of this year's Fall Fun bonuses!
    From now, until Wednesday, November 14, 2018, at 11:59 PM PT, ALL players will recieve Double Rare Spawns and Double Faction bonuses during their adventures across Norrath!
    Be sure to make haste! These bonuses will disappear to when the next round of Fall Fun arrives on November 15!

I would say it goes till midnight tonight and starts the next round tomorrow based on this posting from the front page =P

As for what to expect, either boosted EXP or Shortened lockouts are most likely based on previous years.
  3. Baldur Augur

If it follows the past 2 or 3 years it will be half reduced lockouts for 2 weeks and then 50% bonus exp for 2 weeks.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Gremin Augur

Thanks but looking for official reply. How many times have they posted in the past to /calendar and yet when I do nothing is there for upcoming events.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lol have dbg incentives become as predictable as Black Friday?
  6. Monkman Augur

Double XP closest to launch of new expansion just makes sense, there’s always an influx of returning players for periods of bonus xp. What better way to advertise to a larger player base that the expansion is only week(s) away.
  7. Hinastrom Elder

They are being really odd about it. I get they are understaffed, but this just seems kinda silly. I dont know.
    Barton and Pirlo like this.
  8. Aegir Augur

Just confirmed Reduced Lockouts for new period.
  9. Starr Elder

Well, good thing that we cleared the zone yesterday then to take full advantage of that :p
    Aegir likes this.
  10. Hinastrom Elder

Only lockouts? To be clear, im not complaining about free bonuses, but at least pair it with something =/ its so useless to so many players. Oh well, at least we got the exp coming.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Barton like this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

How are they even managing to mess up holiday freebies...

Take a clue from other games. .. any game. .. and give people genuinely good stuff across the board.

Double lockouts falls 1 notch below Murkgliders.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Barton like this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

A small change to Franklin's idiom: ".....but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes" and people complaining about everything.
  13. Gremin Augur

Sure, its free...but how many players are actual raiders in the player base? Its cheesy.
    HoodenShuklak and Barton like this.
  14. Ryak Augur

Umm, probably like 75% of the player base on anything but the newest progression server?

Caveat: Theres's a 75% chance this is a made up statistic.

Nonraiders probably get to benefit from reduced lockouts on Franklin Teek dailies and whats-his-face in the Dragonspire windmill's dailies too.
  15. Dahaman Augur

This half-timers "Fall Fun" event for non-raiders reminds me of the introduction of auras/traps in POR. There was a site that listed all the auras/traps that each class got. For the Shadow Knight, which was my main at the time, and a couple other classes, the ability listed was...

"You get nothing and you will like it!"

It became a running joke in my social circle that still carries a chuckle to this day. Fun Times!
    Barton likes this.
  16. Ryak Augur

Did they fix the issue where getting added mid-raid gives you a full replay timer still?
  17. Aegir Augur

I think it only was an issue with AoC instances. I remember having no problems with doing Anguish last year adding people later on, but read about issues coming from Agnarr.

However, the Vex Thal lockouts went nuts if you added people later on. That's two years ago now though - but I doubt they fixed it being such a "small" bonus event that basically only occurs this time around.
  18. Roxxlyy Augur

This bonus will be 50% shorter instance lockout timers - the site will be updated to reflect that shortly.
  19. jeskola pheerie

You can expect Fun. Loads and loads of fun. Way more than you can handle, even... Just loads of Fall Fun all over your face.
  20. Pirlo Augur

So from this post we can surmise that November 29th starts bonus XP....

/begins to load up on mountain dew and Cheetos...