Ring Of Scale no longer for sale... anywhere?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Duddles, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Duddles Lorekeeper

Have a buddy just started EQ, wanted to buy the Ring Of Scale exspansions.
    They were advertised at 50% off.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-ring-of-scale-expansion-sale-2018

Any link on that page now takes you to the new exspansion, meaning, no one can buy Ring Of Scale exspansion anymore... It is not listed for sale anywhere on DBG website now.

Are you not offering it for sale anymore DBG?

Yes I know new exspansion comes out Dec 11, that's not what he is looking for or trying to wait for.

I just need a link to actually be able to PURCHASE Ring of Scale
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The 50% off was only until the new expansion (Burning Lands) came out for pre order which it did last week or so. Your friend can buy the basic edition of Burning lands and will get ALL previous expansions which means Ring of Scale. If you click or mouse over the link you will see:
    Standard Edition

$34.99
    BUY NOW
    • Access to all previous expansion content
    If he is all access he would get somewhat of a discount on that price.
    Caell likes this.
  3. Duddles Lorekeeper

I'll wait for Caraker or Roxxly to jump in on this...
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You buy the newest to get the oldest. You do not have to play the newest.
    Caell likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He does not have to play BETA now for Burning Lands and does not have to wait till Dec whatever. He will get ROS now and can play now when he buys TBL
    Caell likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No one is forcing your friend to wait. The Dec date is when TBL goes live NOT ROS WHICH IS INCLUDED in TBL.

You can no longer buy ROS by itself.

However it is included in the new expansion TBL.

You will have access to ROS as soon as you buy TBL - you would only need to wait till Dec if you wanted to play TBL
    Caell and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Please do.
  8. Duddles Lorekeeper

So pretty much, he didn't want to spend $34 on a game he was going to try out for fun, but he WOULD have paid $15 for a game to try out for fun (Which he cannot do now).

Issue solved, he'll be heading back to WoW.

This is why EQ cannot have new players.

Would have been nice to get a potential new customer in EQ, I don't play WoW, he doesn't play EQ (Well at least he won't be now).

Even car dealerships leave last year's cars on the lot, you never know what a CUSTOMER will want, kind of rude to direct what they have to pay for and what they have to receive.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He can play free to try it out. 18 expansions worth of free. Without buying anything. He would not be of a level to play ROS for some time anyway.
    Barton likes this.
  10. Derd Augur

Actually you're wrong these are the player help forums. The actual amount of post reply to by dbg staff
    Is probably less than 1%.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

His answer was right though... once an expansion goes to pre-order, the same ends. But you can keep being rude about it.
    Caell and Barton like this.
  12. Jaylin Augur

you mean where they already did?

The second to last post on https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ring-of-scale-now-50-off.251588/page-3

Literally took me 4 seconds to find that post on google.

Before you get all high and mighty, you may want to realize that these are player forums, meant for the community to help solve... you know those private things that you only want between you and someone else... its called a PM or a petition...

Before you get all high and mighty... Sorry its against forum policy to start to new topics.... There is a topic already discussing the sale, which a DBG employee already chimed in on. So you created a topic, instead of looking for any other information.. Sorry ignorance is not an excuse...

Your question, was answered, so you didnt like the answer and decided to troll.. Pretty badly in fact. Might want to increase your troll game, you are on the internet, not a post it board at your local community center
  13. Dreadmore Augur

To be fair, the forum name "player support" is ambiguous about who is providing support.

Similarly the description for the "newbie zone" just says that it's a place for new and returning players to ask questions. Not specifically EQ-related, but questions about anything! For example, as OP demonstrated here, how to remove mice stuck from his glue traps.

So he's just demonstrating his understanding of the purposes of the forums, and maybe he is afraid of Google tracking his personal information.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is done to keep costs down (fewer SKUs) and simplify purchasing. I agree it's nice to be able to piecemeal your expansion content, especially when it can be cheaper in the short run.However, it's generally understood that most people are going to want to get into the newest content where the rest of the players are. If you are going to have your friend at 110 in 4 days and pay for his account using Krono, wouldn't you want to be in TBL? Plus it's cheaper in the long run (fewer expansions to buy).

And while $30 for access to all expansions might seem like a too much to test a game out, you are already covering his monthly expense.

I think, too, that even if he starts as a FTP account and then goes gold (thanks to your Krono), he can still get to 100 and he should have a good idea at that point if he wants to continue.
    Barton and Duddles like this.
  15. Duddles Lorekeeper

" I agree it's nice to be able to piecemeal your expansion content, especially when it can be cheaper in the short run."

Very true.
  16. Tiny_Lizard_Brain New Member

I just wanted to add to this , I waited to see what the new expansion was going to be before I committed to buying anything , unfortunately TBL just doesn't interest me and I'd rather have the Merc etc from the RoS expansion , I'm not expecting this to make any difference but I'd buy three RoS packs for my team knowing what I know now . Maybe in future they could leave the offer running a bit longer ?
  17. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I was looking at buying ring of scale for one of my accounts to day and really wish it was still on sale. Maybe keep the sale up a little longer in the future. I don't really want to spend $40.00.
  18. Dawdle Augur

You sound very upset and somewhat aggressive. Your stacks of Krono or how fast you can plvl somebody doesn't change the way the game works but telling people they can't or shouldn't post or the forums is somewhat against the rules. Lol FV behavior.

How can a Journeyman account not know about the way content is released? In fact you where around in gen chat while people responded to this in game and told you that RoS will only be for sale until they start the pre-order for the next xpac after which you won't be able to buy RoS anymore.

You know this makes me question how you came to have the account you are posting on and where all those krono came from but c'est la vie.

Have you thought about playing on a TLP server where non of this matters? RMT is a bit out of control and many people play for free or next to nothing as it is. Selling the xpacs is how DB keeps making money to create more content. It's not a bad deal, in fact it's a great deal. Perhaps support the game.

You can lvl all the way to 105, you have countless aa's, quests, heroic aa's, and other things to do outside of current content but if you want to make EoK or RoS combines such as using amorphous Vel and what not you'll need to buy the expansion. EQ gives you way more for free then WoW. Maybe just play it out, farm old raids and next year TBL will go on sale.
  19. Dreadmore Augur

I admire your attempt, but if in about a dozen posts attempting to explain this to him, the only thing he acknowledge was the one sentence he agreed with:

I think your attempt may be in vain.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Barton like this.
  20. Duddles Lorekeeper

Not true at all:

Woohoo! You’ve purchased some great stuff. Take a look below at the glorious details.
    Your Order:
    Order Detail:

The Burning Lands Standard Edition Preorder
    The Burning Lands Standard Edition Preorder
    $34.99

Discount: $3.50

Tax: $2.13

Shipping: $0.00

Order Total: $33.62

Thanks!
    This is an automated email so don’t reply.
    Daybreak
    https://daybreakgames.com

It still does not show the last 3 exspansions on his account, nor will it let him access any of it when he runs patcher. I actually have been at his house last 3 hours, he bought it, he ran patcher and the last 3 exspansions (before the pre-order) would not download/update...