Everquest 4

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tetrachloride, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tetrachloride New Member

Idea for EQ4:

Use the same engine from Eq1game same graphics style
    new zones
    level 50 cap
    new quests that lead you to different parts of norrath, keep classic style except open a tell window when you hail an NPC so you can ask about the quest in a tell window
    same classic difficulty
    classic spell effects
    more official UI options including classic 1999 option

more to come as i think of it
  2. That0neguy Augur

Let me know when you secure funding and licensing.
  3. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Oh, oh, i know, Everquest 4 MOBILE!
    kharmelion likes this.
  4. kharmelion Journeyman

:D do you guys not have phones?
    Trevalon likes this.
  5. Tetrachloride New Member

Theyre already putting out xpansions for the game every year just switch that development over to EQ4. Already have the engine and most of the doodads. Could bang out EQ4 in one year for the same price of an expansion.
  6. Xythor New Member

Are the servers ganna be more stable than PC version though? :(
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Everything thing you love about EQ PLUS 1-touch microtransaction ordering to enhance your gameplay!
  8. Protagonist Tank

This is a fresh and original joke that you should be proud of.
  9. Iyvy Augur

I've thought of this and I do think its a good idea OP. You can even keep a lot of zones, or reuse them, especially cities. Use all the assets from vanilla-velious, make it really big and new, up the difficulty, you dont even need an art team or anything, it might take a while but it would be popular i imagine, you can even use the same loot, classes, spells, just redo the map and add some new quests.
  10. Machentoo Augur

I am sure the dev staff and management will be waiting with baited breath. Demand for a new game using a 20 year old gaming engine will be overwhelming.
  11. Wiff Elder

I could have sworn someone already did something like this. Just don't make Ranger jokes.
  12. Jontrann Augur

wtf are you smoking cause i want some. Eq has had microtransactions for awhile now bud.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

That's good. I like a good joke. Thanks for the laugh.
  14. Lariza Journeyman

This has to be a troll post right? RIGHT?! /facepalm
  15. Dailor Augur