next tlp server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jordune, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Piznut Angry Gnome

Yeah it'd be full of Krono farming guilds and RMT'ers trying to sell stuff to other krono farming RMT'ers.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Oh no a melee wanting to sell a item they rolled for in a random group.... Pretty much every random group I've ever joined "loot rules".

What's new?
  3. Machentoo Augur

And this is different from every other TLP, how?
    Crayon123 likes this.
  4. Stagentti Augur

Currently happening on every TLP.

FV Ruleset would mean RMT folks could sell Planar Gear in classic for example. But it also means the market would be so flooded with that gear prices would be absurdly low.

Normal instances being farmed, guilds doing instances and selling extra gear, etc.

This leads to current RMT tradable gear, which is not as good as planar, having their prices drop.

So FV Ruleset would actually be worse for RMT than current TLPs
    Gremin, oldkracow and Jontrann like this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Gonna have to say... making all gear tradeable gives simply farmers more options. The competition is, well, a static thing.

Basically this happens: you take the same population (whatever that may be) and the farmers farm all tradeable stuff like usual. However, now all that no drop stuff they ignored (i.e. casuals could walk up and kill to loot) will now be perma farmed like the farmers do for everything else. Just as an example, Consider the wand of imperceptibility. It's a very handy item for most players, and the camp is relatively pain free. Once you make that wand tradeable, what do you think will happen to that camp for casuals looking to farm one?

Make no mistake, a FV loot server may be awesome for alt'ing and passing gear around to friends, but it will be a nightmare for guild officers and a treasure trove for krono farmers. In fact, more high value camps (those that become tradeable) will be far more griefed and inaccessible to casuals.
  6. Stagentti Augur

So you take the same population of farmers that you have now but add tradable no drop loot...and they are going to be able to hold all that down too?

What is the price going to be for any tradable cleric BP once PoH gear hits the market for example? The PoH gear is significantly better so no one is going to pay anywhere near the current price for the old stuff. At some point what was worth it to farm on Phinny isn't worth it on this server.

What happens to the cleric planar gear pricing when the market is literally flooded with it? You aren't going to have 100 cleric BP for sale in EC for 5kr a pop. The price gets driven down.

People will still instance raid with their guild as usual. Except now all that gear that used to rot once no one needed it floods the market. There are how many guilds doing plane instanced raids? Times how many times they can knock it out a week? Any open world plane instances that had loot rotting before, will now have it flood the market rather than "hey something is rotting in Hate. Come get it."
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Classic gear might not be the best example. Regardless, that's in-era stuff you always have perma farmed. I mean, it's not going to get less farmed in era. But the farmers will more actively pursue things like Kael armor. All that stuff that that has no level req's basically will be untouchable to casuals for era's and era's past it's prime. Fortunately, instances still give casuals a chance. But prices will be high and krono farmers will dictate it since they have so much more of the supply side.

FV loot will be great for common stuff like Hate gear, which is super plentiful. It's not really the items a krono farmer would target though. Like I mentioned before, consider the wand of imperceptibility. Another one, although realllly a rare class is the paladin DA hammer. Right now a Pally can walk into that zone and likely find the camp wide open. A krono farmer will have that on lock on FV. It's these type of items that will hurt casuals.
  8. Stagentti Augur

That's not how it works, or has worked, on any TLP so far? For any item. As time goes on, even in era, the price drops.

I am bad at using the quote feature sorry.

"All that stuff that that has no level req's basically will be untouchable to casuals for era's and era's past it's prime."

Except that isn't how it currently is on FV with the exception of dragons and the "major" raid bosses.

Guess we can agree to disagree.
  9. Blastoff Augur

I have nothing against boxers, hell I 6 box on live, I just think no box is something that hasn't been done yet and would be interesting. Also more similar to original eq when even true boxing was much much more rare than what we see now.
  10. Galactron Journeyman

Its a 20 year old game which will probably be expansion locked when the latest expansion comes out if the rumors are true. Last TLP Server should be FV ruleset with boxing. Let the die hards rot on Agnarr server.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, dragons and semi-old raid bosses is exactly what krono farmers target.

Also, prices are largely determined by what the krono sellers sell them for when there are a lot of buyers. When there aren't any buyers the krono farmers move on.

Of course price drops, but if 2 people are selling GEB's and they both sell for a high price without a race to the bottom, then they are definitely keeping the price in their favor. At least on Agnarr, that's how it worked for certain tradeskills and items for a LONG time. (I heard Coirnav had a race-to-the-bottom on GEBs, but thats just poor krono farmers working.) Eventually, when everyone kills naggy then sure the price plummets because nobody is buying. But by then the krono farmer moved on to more lucrative camps, which they will set the price on once again. So yea, no drop or not, the krono farmers will be dominating your high value camps and it will still be expensive, regardless of how much tradeable gear there is.

Granted, all my experience comes from "casually" farming a lot of raid content on Agnarr. I can't imagine Phinny was any different, nor will other servers going forward.
  12. Stagentti Augur

1) wasn't like what you described on Phinny.

2) wasn't, and still isn't, like that on FV.

That's what I'm basing my stuff on.
  13. Stewgottz Augur

Make the server that should have followed Fippy. AoC’s with no Lamebox restriction. I would add 60 day unlocks.

With 60 day unlocks,the server will catch live in a timely fashion, items will lose value quicker as new shineys appear so farming is one tick more annoying (bone for people who frown upon such things) but theres no truebox (bone for people who box like its 2019), so enjoy 36 boxing your PoF pick, Ill be in mine.

60 day unlocks every expansion will allow people to stretch out more and keep more zones viable as guilds inevitably fall behind. 90 is ez mode, 60 days could be fun.
    Fhiele likes this.
  14. Crayon123 Augur

Despite the potential issues with "RMT" on a FV style TLP server, I still think it would be the most successful to date and be something unique to the offerings available. The FV model has proven itself over the years, it sure seems worth doing at least once.

I'd make it my home for the foreseeable future myself.
    Jontrann likes this.
  15. Fhiele Augur

I think 30 day unlocks with 20 hour max timeouts on instances would be interesting, as long as the normal instances(Looking at you Time B), not just AoC ones had the timeout change.

Our next TLP needs to be interesting. It can't just be phinny 3.0.
  16. Dailor Augur

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  17. Midnitewolf Augur

I honestly don't see any issues for the most part. The Epic yeah, I get that. You should have to quest for it but the other two examples aren't an issue.

Want PoH armor at level 1 - Drop 2-3 Krono. Sure why not. Better than spending 100+ hours hoping to get drops and win rolls that may never come.

Got to PoH as a cleric and need that Ethereal Mist Breatplate? Sorry the warrior wants to sell it for a krono and won the need roll. Again no problem. He may very well "Need" the Krono to buy his Warrior ONLY item of the cleric that won it in the last raid is selling the Warrior Only item for a Krono.
    No Drop has to be the most immersion breaking mechanic in any MMO. I mean you kill a dragon and find a sword you can't use but for some odd reason even though you can loot it, the only option you have is to destroy it because it is flagged "No Drop"??? Huh? It is a fricken physical object, I SHOULD be able to sell a physical object.

Also as I point about above, it all comes around in the end. Sure the cleric might not be able to get the Ethereal Mist BP that dropped because he lost the roll but just like the warrior he can roll on everything and if nothing is tagged No Drop, then he can sell whatever items he does win and just go to the market and buy a Ethereal Mist BP if he has to. In the end both get the value from whatever drops they get, usable or not. In fact it is probably more equitable because I think we have all been grouping in a zone where there might not be any good caster drops or melee drops or monk drops or whatever. Instead of seeing all this wonderful "No Drop" loot you can't use and watch everyone else in your party except for you getting loot, you instead get to roll on those items and walk away from the dungeon or zone with items you can sell in order to improve your character.

I will even go one step further here and say that having loot drops also be greed only actually solves the problem of the Cleric claiming need on item because it can be used by the cleric when they don't in fact actually need the item. Hell I did that myself. I claimed need on a Shinning Metalic Robe for my Enchanter Epic when I actually had one sitting in my shared bank that I took off specifically because I knew I was going to be hunting in LGuk and might get a SMR drop. I did it because I knew I could sell it for 5k pp which I could then use to buy better great for my Chanter. If there was no drop and everything was greed based, everyone then gets their fair share of loot, always.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

For the first time on Phinny, I feel like 90 days is too short for the current expansion (SoF). I'm coming from a group gear perspective. You have to go through 3 stages of gear (T2, T2+steam core, then essence drops from Crystallos) and I don't see doing it in the time I have. Maybe I'll have a different opinion in a couple of weeks. At least in SoF, 60 days woud be pretty short.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If the next server doesn't add robot unicorns to every zone in classic, I will cancel my 23 gold accounts.

Also it should have the levitation exploit in Plane of Fire fixed.
    Stewgottz likes this.
  20. Stewgottz Augur

Fair point.. Flagging will have to be addressed.

But also, do we to need finish all the expansion in 60 days or do we want to finish all the expansion in 60 days? The OCD completionist in me would try like hell Lol. No harm in going back to complete an expansion or even skipping one or two raids. I mean, you might not get the gold medal they hand out to all the raiders in the best guild of a TLP server, but for me that's OK.