DBG knows how to make me pissed with a clockwork key

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Goodkitty Augur

[IMG]RAGEEEE
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Karhar Dream Crusher

I was lucky, had 1 incorrect tooth for both toons, 3rd and 4th.
  3. Punchu Augur

7 Incorrect teeth, opened door first try.

AMA.
  4. Machentoo Augur

My wife had two incorrect teeth, it ended up being tooth 1 and 3 and she stumbled into the correct solution without ever having any idea what she was doing. I guess this is better than Fippy, when I had to do it for her!

Meanwhile I had to go all the way to tooth 8 on all three of my toons...
  5. Machentoo Augur

Out... In... Out... In... Out... F*%&!

Somehow seems an appropriate response.

Just remember that this is the same developer team that also brought us the murkgliders:
    [IMG]

Edit -- here's the twitter link lest someone think I am posting inappropriate content! https://twitter.com/everquest/status/1029412726270029825
    Ckador likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Lets be honest the Developer that got that in game is AMAZING and should go down in history.
  7. Zapsos Augur

One of mine got the 01000000 Key, I was dreading it, but was done in 10 seconds
  8. Catashe Augur

The key really ain't that hard.. start with the first tooth and go from there.. once you found the right one.. it's just double clicking Everytime you reset til you find the right combo to zone in.. don't need to write it down
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Logic puzzles are hard for people ruled by emotion.
  10. Febb Augur

Yes Spock, I agree. *raises eyebrow*
  11. Aziuno Augur

Beastlords must have a natural penalty to this.

Plz give Player Based Fero Aura's and save Good Kitty 1 Action per minute.
    (2 actions per minute if he loaded a old Fero too!)
  12. Notafel Journeyman

I didn't find it to be bad at all. Activate the door and see how bad off the key is. In my case, one character had 6 wrong, and the second character had 3 wrong.

The way I thought about it, it just becomes a question of if you can keep beat. Once I had tooth 1 correct,

Click-click-two-three-four-click .... try it.

If number went up, I got the wrong one so tooth 2 needs just 1 click.

Click-click-two-three-four-click-two-three-four-click

Or if the number went down then tooth 2 is correct, so to keep it on the right one it needs 2 clicks

Click-click-two-three-four-click-click-two-three-four-click

And now I'm testing tooth 3 after correcting tooth 2. Again if it went up then 2 single clicks at the end to correct it and move to the next one and if it went down then 1 single click at the end. Shouldn't need more than 8 attempts to ever get through the chain.
  13. ForumBoss Augur

I found the logic fairly straight forward, but actually going through the clicks, and not clicking too slow or fast to be a real test of patience. I was 5 boxing, luckily the wife helped on a few.
  14. Brumans Augur

The puzzle isn't hard, just the interaction is clunky and terrible, because there's no actual UI to do the puzzle.

But meh, you do it once per character, and never think about again.
    PathToEternity likes this.