Separate login issue: Dialogue box will not go away

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Allayna, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

The fun little pop-up window:

"A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online.

If the problem persists, please check our Network Status and Scheduled Downtime pages for updates. If the problem persists, please use our Help Link for further assistance."

The "OK" box will make the window go away, but when you attempt to log in again, the window returns and cannot be dismissed with the "OK" button, forcing you to close the entire instance of EQ.
    Rumardian likes this.
  2. bloodbeard Elder

I get both issues. The one described by Allayna and the first "error. timeout occurred".
    One of my accounts was able to login, but not the other.
  3. Lorai Lorekeeper

This login error malfunction is happening to me too--and has happened before. DB needs to re-configure this process to function properly. When we click CANCEL on the 2nd Login screen, it should close the session out completely, rather than bring up the "connection" error box again, which locks up the window.

On this laptop if this happens when I'm logging into fullscreen EQ mode, I can't even do CTRL/ALT/DELETE to close the EQ session out. I basically have to stand on my Power Button to do a hard reboot...

Please fix this, today is the perfect opportunity to see for yourself what's happening.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Allayna Augur

I play window'd so I don't have that level of having to reboot the comp...but I do have to right click on the instance of EQ in the taskbar and close window.
  5. SaryrnIronic New Member

Yeah, I get the same problem...the "a timeout occurred" window can be ESCed past, but the one you're describing can't. I can, however, ALT-CTRL-DEL to bring up the task manager and then kill the eqgame.exe process to recover, but it's just one more annoying thing on top of servers being down when they shouldn't be and the EQ mods deleting posts.
    kharmelion likes this.
  6. Corinthus New Member

Even if you're in full screen mode and that context window is stuck up on the screen that won't go away when you click ok (this happened to me also) you can still hold ALT and press enter to switch from full screen to Windowed mode and click the X in the corner or use the task manager to kill the EQ process rather than rebooting your computer.
  7. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

The coding just isn't there for repeats of the same error process, if you cycle between attempting to log into the chat server or the game or quick connect, not repeating the same choice, the lock-up doesn't occur, but if you repeatedly try to access the game it will lock up harder than a High-max prison.
  8. Rondor Augur

Pressing Alt-F4 makes the old-EQ-login window go away when it's in that weird state of "can't press Cancel". This works both in full-screen and windowed mode.