Tuesday downtime expectations

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kloven, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Brewhaus New Member

Servers are up!
  2. Greg the Surly New Member

UPDATE: Its been the same since the days of Verant, minus they multiple crashes per day. It gets fixed when it gets fixed. If you're jonesing that bad, log in to the test server. Or, take a minute to pick up the pizza boxes, recycle the cans and change out the piss bottle. It'll be ok. I promise.
  3. chinchey Journeyman

"Error - A timeout occured"

4 accounts across 3 computers.

At least it's progress!
  4. Kazz99 Elder

That method is how you "over-perform" and very common in the IT industry (or at least used to be). It is how I train my new employees as well. In this day and age though there is no reason to have an outage for maintenance... zero, zilch, none at all... aging software does not have to mean aging network/server infrastructure. If their infrastructure is that bad then they should look at modernizing, it will be an overall cost savings (every single modernization effort I have been involved with was ultimately, and I have been in IT for over 30 years, my most recent effort involved moving a datacenter virtually over 500 miles away, with zero downtime... zero. Developers working in the environment did not even notice it had migrated....).
    kharmelion likes this.
  5. JBoggs30 New Member

I wonder....is there only one machine validating logins for each server? ie, we're all trying to get through one door, to get logged into the server.....

Hence, the continuous "timeouts"
  6. kharmelion Journeyman

and they forgot to feed the hamster spinning the wheel powering the whole thing.