Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Duddles, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Duddles Lorekeeper

Loading Zone files....

Timed it. 17 minutes 23 seconds to zone from POK to Crescent Reach. WTF DBG... seriously wtf.
  2. Duddles Lorekeeper

And no, don't say interrnet connection. Just google Everquest slow load times to see it's one of the largest complaints about EQ...
  3. Draxton New Member

It could also be hardware and not just internet.
  4. Febb Augur

Is this normal for every time you zone? If so, something on your end is wrong. If not then it was probably a bad route to their network.
  5. Febb Augur

6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Do you use Windows Defender? I was noticing 5+ minute login/load times with it, switched software and everything is super bueno.
  7. Duddles Lorekeeper

No, I have removed Windows Defender, its not everytime I zone, just at least once a day in EQ 2 things will happen: #1 EQ will crash to desktop and #2 at least 3 or 4 times I zone, it will stall and stall and stall and stall... This is very literal. One time I took a shower and came back and it always says same exact thing "Loading Zone Files..."
  8. Wijimoto Journeyman

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? If you're wireless on IPv6, try switching to IPv4 (or vice versa). Also, if you've removed Windows Defender, you must be using some other security software, so make sure you've added exceptions for EQ in all virus protection or malware scanning programs that you have installed.
  9. Duddles Lorekeeper

I fixed this MAYBE...Honestly? I deleted the entire EQ file on my computer. Now my computer works fine!
  10. Raisehell Lorekeeper

So much for being the first baz vendor on FV Dudd